Benefit Plan Administrators Limited

Benefit Plan Administrators Limited Employee Reviews

Days go by quickly as I manage a benefit plan of over 8000 benefit plan members. Over the past few years, I have established close working relationships with members and it enables me to do my job in an efficient matter. The work environment is average but I do maintain excellent work relations with my peers.
Pros
Relations with customers is always an interesting experience
Cons
Not enough support staff for the size of the accounts we manage
My feeling was that this company really cares bout its employees. I never had to work overtime and my job was structured so most days I could get the work done quite easily within regular hours. There are busy times of month and times you can catch up. Good customer service is always stressed by management and with the new technologies being introduced to our clients it’s becoming a great place to work.
Pros
Good pay, excellent benefits, pension plan, stock option plan, early Friday summer closing, scholarships, good people
Cons
Sometimes customer service is a challenge given some members are not always the nicest
I wish I listened to former employees leaving the company. I understood too late (3years late) If I were you I would skip this company completely. Go invest time and effort to somewhere else. Im telling you this company is not worst your time. I promise it’s not!And if your female and young don’t even bother here sis you can do sooooo much better.
Pros
Cons
Horrible management and way too many managers for such small company with not much money
Please stay away from this company specially the pension department. They don't treat you fairly and will get rid of you when they no longer need you. the training is terrible, everything is paper base and sytem is slow. The supervisior / trainer in the pension department is fake and wil put pressure on you for no reason. please apply somewhere else if you can
Pros
some nice people
Cons
Manager and supervisior are terrible
Place is okay, good work life balance. Never worked late or overtime. However, there is no room for advancement. People stay because they are comfortable.
It was a very good experience overall working at BPA. Manager or co workers very understandable and flexible. I always woke up willing to go work there:)..
My shift is from Monday to Thursday 11am-7pm. Friday summer 8:30am to 2pm (Winter 9:30-5:30). Bilingual Customer Care Knowledge of all of our Welfare Accounts Learning new systems for the different plans Management is great. Manager trust her staff. If we need to we can swap shifts easily as long as the shifts are covered from 8:30am to 7:00pm regardless of who is fulfilling the shift. Workplace is multi-cultural Hardest part of the job is to calm the member when member is frustrated about the outcome of the claim. Great feeling when customer appreciate the time or care that was taken to serve him.
Pros
Monthly end breakfast & Summer hours, great benefits
Cons
Salary & no benefits when retiring
Wonderful working experience over the past years. Well treated. Enjoyed being an employee. Overall a great place to work.
Pros
positive work enviornment, great management
Clueless consultants, management that does not know the business and therefore delegates any and all inquiries to other staff. Just simply inefficient. No recognition for the work you do, only focused on the work you haven't done.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list.
A typical day at Benefit Plan Administrators was to report to my manager to learn which tasks were considered priority, as priorities were different on a daily basis. At times, I would begin my day with helping the Mailroom department with sorting, opening and distributing mail. There would be days in which I would start off by helping the Administration department with updating records on AS400. On the other hand, logging and examining claims would sometimes be the priority. Regardless of which task was to be completed, I was to always be readily available to relieve the receptionist on breaks and the lunch hour and act as a receptionist and switchboard operator.I was fortunate to work with helpful co-workers who cared to help one another and guide one another along with any training when new procedures were implemented.Since I was assisting managers and staff from various departments, I was constantly being redirected to a different project within another department before I was able to complete helping the current department. I had to learn how to prioritize and use my time wisely so that each task within each department was completed by the end of each business day.I discovered that I enjoyed having multiple responsibilities on a daily basis and helping various departments whenever it was required.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Benefit Plan Administrators Limited?