Benefit Cosmetics logo
Benefit Cosmetics

Benefit Cosmetics Employee Reviews

Work-life balance

Fun People

its an okay company to work for, you get to meet a lot of fun people, lots of perks but the job itself is stressful and very competitive. They pay you a little above minimum, youre not allowed to accept tips but you do get monthly bonuses IF you reach the monthly goal

Draining

You’re overworked for minimum wage. Massive turnover, even floor management comment on it. It’s one rule for one counter, one rule for another. Targets were raised during COVID - not achievable at all. Massive pressure from above with no recognition when you do well. They are also very unorganised.You do get free makeup every 6 months and trained to wax brows but it’s only their version of a qualification, you’re not actually qualified.

Full on work everyday all day

Typical day includes traffic stopping for customers to ensure your target is always hit - this can be tiring when its a quiet day and there is a few other staff out asking the same customers (who can potentially get annoyed when asked 3 times for a pamper session.Commission isn't worth the work you put in.

Pros

Lovely Collegues

Cons

Always high pressure targets

Stressful environment

This company is not a nice environment to work for.Fake people, no one care about one another.Management is poor, they pretend to care about their staff but in real they care only about money.I had a bad experience, I felt myself not good enough.

Stressful and rude

The managers at that time do not care about the employees only money! Never given prise only picks out the negative. Expectations are far to high. The area managers are no help at all. Makes you feel very uncomfortable and stressed! I would really think twice before getting this job, they make the employees force the customers to buy which made me very uncomfortable! No guidance from anyone or even help when asked ! Think twice about this job !

Pros

Cons

Everything else

Fun company that’s great to learn from

Benefit Cosmetics is a fun company to work for and you will learn a lot. It’s a fantastic place to get a start in. The products are cute and easy to use; you can learn artistry as you go along it’s not like working for MAC or other companies that expect a perfect cut crease on day one. There is only room to move up if you want to be on the waxing side of the business for the most part which wasn’t for me so I moved on. The pay is also not stellar. Not the worst though! I started in Texas and transferred to LA region and I had good managers at both.

Pros

Fun environment, good training

Cons

No room to move up for the cosmetics side unless you want to get into waxing and services

Fun Place For Young Girls

I was a “Benebabe” from the age of 17 right up until 20. Overall they treated me well, like most jobs there is always the odd thing here and there but for the most part it was fun. Great first time makeup job for someone looking to get into the beauty industry as when moving on to other brands within the industry they always admire the fact you have worked for benefit because it is an indication that you know how to sell! This job is not for they faint hearted though as they do push you to sell and traffic stop to members of the public so u have to be confident and sometimes I think they apply too much pressure on the girls. I’ve said this job is good for young girls because the makeup is fun and girly but not at the level of other more serious brands in my opinion, also the business culture of quite “preppy” “cheerleader vibes” which as as I got older I personally out grew. Lastly I found it took forever to progress within the company, I was on management training for a long time doing the work without the payoff so I eventually got a manager position elsewhere. However I’m forever grateful for my experience at benefit as I’m still in the industry to this day and it gave me valuable experience and I made life long friends :)

Pros

Free allocation twice a year

Cons

Slow Progression

Great experience with people.

I've been with the company for 7 years now. Goals get almost unreachable at this point. But I absolutely love the experience and interactions I've gained with guests. Customer service is definitely a strong point here on top of skill. Selling is an absolute requirement, conversation is non negotiable no matter the circumstance. I do my best. Hours are steady as long as you're busy. It took me 6 years to make $15 an hour and found I will never make more than $17. Tips are a huge part of how I manage.

Pros

Retail Experience, Strong Customer Service, Time Management, Flexibility

Cons

Extensive goals, Lack of Support, No Advancement Opportunities, Cut off amount for pay Pressure to convert every guest

Good pay that’s all

This was my first aesthetician job and it was horrible. The place was supposed to be fun to work for but I was miserable. The lead aesthetician was mean and very condescending.

Pros

Pay

Cons

The shop environment

Productive sales and upbeat environment

They push sales like crazy especially with holiday sets and new launches! Very peppy environment but non realistic goals as every location is different and that means different type of clientele.

Pros

Gratis, You learn customer service, fun co-workers

Cons

Non realistic goals, pushing sales

Jobs at Benefit Cosmetics

See more jobs

La plus belle des experiences

Une marque qui applique les mêmes codes à ses clients et à ses salariés.De la bienveillance dans chacun des services : RH (équipe à l’écoute et réactive y compris durant le process de recrutement), marketing, formation, logistique ... un bonheur de travailler à leurs côtés chaque jour.Et sur le terrain des équipes ultra professionnelles et qui aiment la marque !!!!!Si vous avez la chance de pouvoir intégrer Benefit foncez !!!!

Pros

Fun, évolution, bienveillance, professsionalisme

Cons

Aucun

Meeting a lot of great people.

It was fun working there. We did special events outside of the job to try and gain new clients. We volunteered our time with a few non-profit organizations and did makeup for those events. Overall, I really did enjoy my time with the company.

Fun working place.

I like the brand and l love my work there however the former operations manager is bias thats why a lot of employees there are resigning. Overall l have learned a lot and gain more experience and knowledge by handling people, learn more about benefits in a cosmetics and most of all l have build good relationships with my colleagues. Benefit Cosmetics is a nice brand and a company although l am still hunger for more knowledge and improvement for myself.

Pros

Good salary offers and benefits

Cons

Bad management of the sales manager.

Awful to work for

Too much pressure on employees to make sales, I was left to manage after only a few weeks of working for benefit without any training. Even tho I had gone into work sick a few times & been in hospital, my area manager was really horrible and unhelpful to me.. all in all an awful company to work for..Too much traveling involved for when training is needed.

Pros

Where I worked (Beales Bournemouth) my floor manager was really supportive & helpful

Productive strict and determine work place

Working here disciplined me and taught me a lot. There strict training and fast pace working developed my retail skills dramatically.I will never forget working for this company as it really got me to where I want to be now.It also helped me get the job at selfridges.

Pros

Experience, training days ect

Cons

Long days

Great company great products

Great company Sometimes targets not realistic Management can be very pushyAlways sell sell sell Even if store is quiet Do more Commission not goodUnicorn is okAllocation good

Pros

Support from management

Cons

Hard to reach targets

Great stepping stone and fun to work.

Great starting point for being fresh out of school. Great training and lots of support from management. Need to be on top of your sales goals and make a habit go making personal goals for yourself that exceed companies goals. Great insurance and the discount is alluring. Also...free make up doesn't hurt either. I would love to have been able to continue working there. However due to a contract ending with the location of that brow bar I was laid off. Benefit Cosmetics was the best in hours, income and benefits offered for someone starting out in the industry.

Very two faced company!!!

Very forceful company to work for, make you feel guilty about everything! Don’t care about your mental well-being or what’s best for you, their way or no way! manager was ok, very picky in who she liked and you’d definitely know if she didn’t like you! The rest of the teams have always been lovely and i’ve always made amazing friends working with them. Very unrealistic targets to meet and it’s always your fault if you don’t sell product (even if customers repeatedly say no) they advertise a ‘fun and diverse’ culture but make you take out piercings, cover tattoos(even small ones) and you’re only allowed ‘natural’ hair colour. Team meetings were usually fun because we were allowed to talk about things other than work. Always came home feeling rubbish, looked forward to lunch breaks and leaving at the end of the day and that’s not how a job should make you feel.

Pros

Free makeup

Cons

hours, management

Best job ever!

Working at Benefit Cosmetics as an esthetician has been incredibly rewarding. Love my clients, co-workers, benefits and excellent compensation. Grew as a person in multiple ways.

Awful management and unrealistic expectations

Before the covid lockdown we were the last counter to stop close contact services (baring in mind that we do facial waxing). Our manager left due to stress of the job (the manager before that also did the same) so we were left to our own devices for 4 months, which is when they expected us all to take over and do all the extra manager duties but still be paid minimum wage. The managers are very rude and intimidating and only care about the unrealistic targets, wanting us to apply makeup to customers and continue doing brows during a pandemic, unlike all the other counters in the department which were no contact. Our commission was taken away until November but then it was lowered and we would only get it if we hit the targets (which were also made higher so it was unrealistic) so we were basically not going to get commission again. I was used by the area managers as they told me I would progress into an account manager, they made me take on all the extra duties and then said ‘I wouldn’t be able to handle the pressure’ even though I found out they’d already hired someone months before.If you’re going to work for benefit you basically need to be a robot and not care about forcing people to buy things that wouldn’t even suit them. Management, targets, and awful pay isn’t worth your mental health. Don’t know how they treat their staff this way and get away with it.

Pros

Free products

Cons

Everything else

Fun place, nice working with like minded people

Good work place for someone who likes makeup but maybe not a professional MUA as the range is not that great. You have to go round and traffic stop (getting customers to counter) and that's probably the worst part of the job as its just awkward if you're not this ultra bubbly person

Pros

Makeup allowances, friendly colleagues, training, career progression

Cons

no short shifts, traffic stopping

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Benefit Cosmetics. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1Job security/advancement