Bench Accounting

Bench Accounting Employee Reviews

While the spirit of the company and the product are both excellent and necessary the management is inexperienced and act vindictively. The Team-Leads are always on your side and want the best for you though.d
Cons
Long Hours, Low Pay, Unreasonable responsibility for pay, No effective feedback system
Bench is an epic place to work! Leaders balance demanding objectives with a nurturing environment for growth. It is not easy because each and every day, my leaders see even more potential in me. So each day, I am getting better (as is Bench).The workplace culture is incredible, the 5 principles Bench speaks to on their website are really lived. Like really!
Pros
A huge investment in People development—from the interview stage to the in job investment.
Cons
It is fast paced, things change quickly. I am still learning to rapidly shift my priorities.
Absolutely great company to work for but if you are looking for security, don't work here. They do lay offs every year because they don't have much money. However, it is the best company I've ever worked for. Culture, compensation and the people are amazing.
Constantly cash strapped, and the first thing to be cut is always the operations teams salary. A fun environment for students or work-travel, but not a long term career choice
In the Sales team the reps that are smashing it are just hitting quota which means they are earning 55,000 per year which is pretty bad in Vancouver!!
It’s seriously not worth it. I don’t know what’s worse: employee retention, the pay, or the absolute gong show that is the workflow. Go anywhere else.
This is a great place to start a career and grow quickly. There are great people and a lot of opportunities to learn and develop with the fast-changing pace. Some teams are really well managed, especially sales. Really high turnover.
Pros
People are great, career development, fast-paced
Cons
long hours, low pay, poor management
very easy going and enjoyable place to work when you get comfortable with your work load. Hardest part of the job was at the beginning and just getting familiar with what needed to be done each day/month. It takes a couple of months to get into it and it's a breeze after that! So I would recommend giving 3 months settling in time. Or longer if you start during tax season
The opportunities here are great, the charm of a start up is to see results fast and feel the company grow around you. //////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Its a nice place to work because of all the perks, dogs, and fantastic coworkers, however, there is little long-term employment potential. There are very few real opportunities to advance because the best roles are already filled, or there is a shoe-in candidate ready to replace someone moving on. The pay is sad, but people stay for the great perks like working from home, dog-friendly offices, free dinners, and beers. Overall, a great place to start your career.
Pros
Great place to network and build necessary employment skills.
Cons
Extremely short burnout cycle.
I don't have any complaints about my time here. Its a startrup so fast changes are to be expected. Can get boring sometimes, but had the flexibility of working from home.
The department I worked in was fantastic—I have nothing but positive things to say. But I know that other departments don't have that experience, and it mostly comes down to compensation. People feel undervalued and overworked...and there's only so far perks (like free snacks) can go. Still, I recommend it as a great place to learn. There are a ton of smart people who want to help their peers grow at Bench.
Pros
Amazing office, great lifestyle spending fund
Cons
High turnover, low salaries
Productive and fun place to work. Management is cool and supportive. Free snacks and game room. Salary is good. Job culture is very very good. There's room for job advancement and security.
Great place to work Great options for work/life balance Fun social options and fundraising Great management and open-communication policy Low on job security and advancement...more of a stepping stone for individuals moving into the financial sector...accountants, bookkeepers etc. I loved my time there as a contracted data-processor, and would have stayed if it fit my lifestyle...and paid more! The work benefits did NOT outweigh the mounting financial pressures of living in one of the most expensive cities in the world.
Pros
Fully stocked lunchroom, breakfast goodies and snacks, catered dinners during tax season, greatest amenities and open and inclusive to all
Cons
Low salaries and high personnel turnover
Bench was a fantastic place to work. The only thing that pushed me to leave was ultimately a low salary. I loved the culture, the corporate enablement and mental health awareness, there are so many perks about Bench. You have flexibility to work from anywhere in the world, and the medical package is great. I was hoping to move into one of the other departments but had to take on another job to make finances. It become too many hours and was a struggle to keep both. I chose the more profitable option, which I am sad to have done. If an opening in the department I was gunning for opens up, I will apply.
Pros
Communal Food, Open work space, forward thinking, LGBTQ friendly, dog friendly, great nerdy office culture...
Cons
low salaries, not a lot of advancement due to the structure of the company.
  1. Employee reviews