Belwood Poultry Ltd.

Belwood Poultry Ltd. Employee Reviews for Laborer

Laborer7 reviews
Canada7 reviews
worst job ever
worst job ever over worked under paid the management doesn't care what you do for them so long as the job gets done example work a 14 hour shift oh its ok you don't need more help lack of protective gear lack of equipment lack of working equipment
Pros
its a job
Cons
everything
5 February 2020
Thank you for your feedback as we are always looking to make improvements. As a company we are extremely grateful for the hard work that our entire team puts forward year round! In order to meet the demands of our customers, it is expected that at times the workload will increase especially during our peak seasons. We do have an optional agreement with our workers to work up to 60 hours during our peak times and require a minimum of 48 hours of availability per week. Peak seasons are announced within the first week of the year for adequate preparation. It is required that all employees follow GMP and HACCP protocol at all times (as we are a federally regulated facility). However, all protective equipment is provided by Belwood, from steel toe rubber boots, aprons, hairnets, beard nets, plastic/cloth and mesh gloves, face masks and hearing protection. If you do not feel you are adequately dressed, please do bring this forward immediately to Human Resources for us to address.
learning experience
was a terrible experience a black person can ever experience
I worked to the bone sabotaged and discriminated against by management supervisor and New HR
General labourer
The hours are great
Bonuses

And free saturday lunch if 8 hrs

Christmas party and benefits

Can get along with co worker

Option to become first aid or health safety
Pros
Hours
Cons
Rush time
Great place
good staff and management are friendly and reasonable.. hardest part of the job is the end times changing .. but they are straight forward about it. benefits are great.
5 February 2020
Thanks for the review! We value the relationships that we have with all staff and are proud to offer a unique benefit package that includes Life Insurance, AD&D, Long Term Disability, Extended Health Benefits and a flexible health spending account. This allows our employees to "top up" their base coverage in whichever way suits their needs best. We understand that the varied end times can be hard, we provide an estimate but there is always the chance of breakdowns and other set backs that could extend the day when dealing with livestock.
Don’t recommend this place
People leave left and right for a reason . Very little pay , worked to the bone to make sure before u leave for break all turkeys have to be done . Don’t know when you will finish for the end of the day .
5 February 2020
Thank you for your feedback as we are always looking to make improvements. As we inform all candidates regarding work environment as well as the hours of work. We are proud to pay based on performance and not on a wage grid – which allow our employees an unlimited earning potential. In order to meet the demands of our customers, it is expected that at times the workload will increase especially during our peak seasons. We do have an optional agreement with our workers to work up to 60 hours during our peak times and require a minimum of 48 hours of availability per week. Peak seasons are announced within the first week of the year for adequate preparation.
great place to learn
the staff and mangement at bellwood were great, easy to get along with and helpful. i can tell that attendnace is really important to them... everyday is simliar but you have a lot of different jobs to try if you are eager and want to. i have benefits and get paid well for what i do... i would say the hardest part of the job is the smell some people hate it some dont mind it, you get used to it.
5 February 2020
Thank you so much for your feedback we really appreciate it. We love to hear when employees enjoy what they do! We are working hard as Belwood Poultry continues to grow.
Worst place I have worked at
Never in my life have I worked at a place with so many blatant health and safety violations on top of horrible management- employees are regularly sabotaged, shouted at and worked to the bone for very little pay. They cut corners and do not provide enough time for employees to switch from being in the evisceration room (which is hot, with no ventilation) into the freezer side, which has caused people to become ill. People are constantly forced to do the work of at least three people due to the company always being short staffed (gee, I wonder why).

Advice to management/HR: Try actually talking to your employees, address the safety concerns and do something about the supervisors setting people up to fail. This isn’t acceptable.
Pros
Some coworkers were nice
Cons
Long hours, abrasive and incompetent management, little pay
5 February 2020
Thank you for your feedback as we are always looking to make improvements. The health and safety of our employees and flocks are a top priority at Belwood Poultry as we consider this to be pillars of our business. We are proud to announce the opening of our brand new 40 000 square foot processing plant in Windsor where we were able to address the concerns coming from different temperatures. We are always looking for ways to address the concerns of our workers while continuing to grow our business together. We are proud to have added an additional 50 jobs to the Windsor- Essex area this year!

We are happy to have a great relationship between all members of our team, please ensure you bring any concerns forward to Human Resources directly so we can address them immediately.