Belwood Poultry Ltd.
Belwood Poultry Ltd. Employee Review

Worst place I have worked at

8 June 2018
Never in my life have I worked at a place with so many blatant health and safety violations on top of horrible management- employees are regularly sabotaged, shouted at and worked to the bone for very little pay. They cut corners and do not provide enough time for employees to switch from being in the evisceration room (which is hot, with no ventilation) into the freezer side, which has caused people to become ill. People are constantly forced to do the work of at least three people due to the company always being short staffed (gee, I wonder why).

Advice to management/HR: Try actually talking to your employees, address the safety concerns and do something about the supervisors setting people up to fail. This isn’t acceptable.
Pros
Some coworkers were nice
Cons
Long hours, abrasive and incompetent management, little pay
Official response from Belwood Poultry Ltd.
5 February 2020
Thank you for your feedback as we are always looking to make improvements. The health and safety of our employees and flocks are a top priority at Belwood Poultry as we consider this to be pillars of our business. We are proud to announce the opening of our brand new 40 000 square foot processing plant in Windsor where we were able to address the concerns coming from different temperatures. We are always looking for ways to address the concerns of our workers while continuing to grow our business together. We are proud to have added an additional 50 jobs to the Windsor- Essex area this year!

We are happy to have a great relationship between all members of our team, please ensure you bring any concerns forward to Human Resources directly so we can address them immediately.
10 March 2020
Same roleSame location
was a terrible experience a black person can ever experience
I worked to the bone sabotaged and discriminated against by management supervisor and New HR
10 February 2020
The hours are great
Bonuses

And free saturday lunch if 8 hrs

Christmas party and benefits

Can get along with co worker

Option to become first aid or health safety
Pros
Hours
Cons
Rush time
8 December 2019
Same roleSame location
People leave left and right for a reason . Very little pay , worked to the bone to make sure before u leave for break all turkeys have to be done . Don’t know when you will finish for the end of the day .
Official response from Belwood Poultry Ltd.
5 February 2020
Thank you for your feedback as we are always looking to make improvements. As we inform all candidates regarding work environment as well as the hours of work. We are proud to pay based on performance and not on a wage grid – which allow our employees an unlimited earning potential. In order to meet the demands of our customers, it is expected that at times the workload will increase especially during our peak seasons. We do have an optional agreement with our workers to work up to 60 hours during our peak times and require a minimum of 48 hours of availability per week. Peak seasons are announced within the first week of the year for adequate preparation.