Belvika Trade & Packaging

Belvika Trade & Packaging Employee Reviews for Laborer

Laborer11 reviews
Canada11 reviews
a nice experience at Belvika
the management was great and they were attentive when it came to any concern of workplace hazards.

typical day was an interesting one.
Worked here for almost two years. Supervisors were great the people I directly worked with were great,with that being said upper management was not nice at all , always looking for the worst in people never praising for good work. They will write you up or try to for the littlest things and things that are out of your control. If your phone rings from this place don't answer
Pros
Worked with some very nice people on the floor even Supervisors were good
Cons
Site manager is very immature and needs some more management experience
Unpacking and repacking is the main task done Belvika. They line leaders and supervisors are very good with giving instruction. The best part of working at Belvika is having 3 breaks.
under no condition would i recommend working here for anyone. i'm a university student living on a budget so that should say something. the management treats you like you're way beneath them. i once showed up and wasn't on the schedule (no one called me in advance), and in return was told "oh that sucks" by the manager of the plant. that's not even the worst of it - they force employees to work in conditions that are not suitable for standing for 8-10 hours. the temp agency who hired me made it seem like an ideal place to work at, but did nothing when informed of the situation at hand (they're also really bad with pay too). seriously do NOT work here.
Pros
some of the co-workers
Cons
management and the workload (so everything pretty much)
Belvika is a place where i learnt how to work professionally and in organised manner. It is platform to work in high paced working area. this company really care about employ safety.
It was really fun over there everyone is helping and understanding. over their we don't need to push our self to hard. you don't need to lift heavy boxes.
Typical day is to either pack candy from a conveyor belt to specific boxes or to take out candy and put it in candy transporter

i learned how to efficiently pack and unpack boxes in a faster way

management was messy, constant angry yelling and over-working people, multiple problems arisen

workplace culture was decent, each co-worker assisted each other when needed and generally helpful

hardest part is being assigned to the super-fast candy sorting section, mistakes occurring fast and often.

most enjoyable part is lunch breaks
Pros
lunchbreaks
Cons
The job experience was good, i was working there as general labour, and the work was of chocolate pakaging. I had leave the job because of my school schedule, my shift timing was not suitable for me,otherwise everything was good.
Pros
good environment
Cons
sometime the speed of work was fast
youre working 8 hours a day of hard labor with minimum pay i feel like the pay isnt worth of what youre dong. you can get $14 an hour at McDonalds now which isnt compared to the 8 hours of heavy lifting
Cons
only 30 minutes of break
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Belvika Trade & Packaging?
this job had very poor supervision and management skills. unfair on so many levels. extremely rude. zero manners and no consideration for their workers.
When i first started working there,a lot of people had respect for me just because i was new, they would help if i needed it,be suggestive and patient if i didnt get the idea right away.
Supervisors would come out to the lines more then twice a day to see how everyone is doing, very respectfull and communicating with everyone.
Pros
Good communication