BELTERRA CORPORATION

BELTERRA CORPORATION Employee Reviews

An emerging unique service business that provided work/life balance. Edmonton is a top producing branch and unique to the Belterra Corportation with more than one division.
Unhealthy workplace! I worked here for almost 2 years and was constantly harassed and belittled on and off job sites by two senior employees. Brought it up to management on almost a dozen separate occasions and nothing was done to help or better the situation. Manipulative and pathological liars work here. If you like yelling and fighting this is the job for you.
Pros
Money
Cons
Employees
Belterra is not a good place for anyone with a trade there’s not enough mechanical work. If you wanna learn and develop your craft this isn’t the company. I would also say get anything they say in writing, management has a tendency to go back on their word. It is very much so a feast or famine situation...one month will be great then the next barely work. Unlike most companies that will pay you to be in the shop you’ll stay home with no income.
There is a real lack of training. There is no work structure, which makes it really difficult to make any plans outside of work. On the upside the overtime is second to none
Pros
The overtime rates
Cons
not a lot of hours
Work mix is about 50/50 in the field sales and in office work. The customers respect that Belterra is a huge part of their business and always make time for you. Belterra is about helping and inspiring customers operate and maintain their conveyors in better ways. We have a team of field technicians, welders and millwrights. We work with customers in mining, aggregates and wood processing fields. I always feel challenged and I like learning new things, my role at Belterra fits both those needs for me. The new management is great here in Edmonton, they understand that people are more than numbers and always do their best to take care of the people who take care of the team/company. Culture is good, lots of interaction with your peers and management. Regular things like going out after work or for lunch with friends/coworkers and having BBQs and pot lucks. We cover a large portion of Alberta so travel is always part of the job, but when you're out of town you're treated right with meal allowances and good places to stay.
Let go after one verbal warning and one written warning. Standard procedure is for an additional day off then dismissed. Management useless when it came to disciplining shop lead hand for violent behavior.
Lots of opportunity with a rapidly growing mechanical division. There’s a good variety of work here too so it keeps things fresh. The pay is alright hourly, but with the amount of overtime available you can make a very good annual salary. If you are a discaplined person with a good work ethic you’ll fit in great here. Wouldn’t be working the number of hours I do if I didn’t enjoy it. Edmonton management has a clear vision and cares about the people that care about they’re job.
Pros
Edmonton management, lots of hours, value trained workers
Cons
Lots of hours, physical work
We are the largest branch in Canada and we are busting at the seams! Our crews work hard all over Alberta and take pride in being the best. We have come a long way from the old Belterra that we used to be - We work very hard to get employees time at home despite the demand put on us by our customers. There is lots of overtime - but we support with good tools and new trucks and good pay and benefits - we have hired more techs to allow us to rotate crews and adjust for holidays and personal time I knocked on their door to be belt technician - I was offered a sales position (solutions specialist) and am now starting as a service manager There is so much opportunity available to someone that wants to own it I have recommended this place to my best friends and it is incredible to be working with a great and supportive team.
Fun and enjoy going to work everyday. Great balance with family and career. Love working in the resource, Agriculture business. The benefits and pension plan are also a great way to know I'm set up for when I retire.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at BELTERRA CORPORATION?
Daily work is difficult as branch management has leadership and training deficiencies. No adherence to company "policies" . It is thankfully amazing someone hasn't lost a hand or arm working here. Safety is a word and a training video. Not a day to day practice.
Pros
Not much comes to mind
Cons
Terrible branch management
I don’t think management and the Forman have created a good culture or a good friendly work environment. I was literally being threatened by another employee for no reason and fired for mentioning it and HR did nothing either. I should have just cracked that loser with a wrench like I initially wanted to but I screwed up by telling g by telling someone
Pros
There are no pros working here
Cons
They are deceptecons
Opportunity to make a lot of money, at the expense of personal life. pay is ok, overtime and weekend work is how you make money there. Management is disconnected with the employees
I handle the day to day operations of the company , slit belts and carry out installs on customers sites.Sometimes we had to re-design machinery to make it work properly with the conveyor belts.
Labour laws don't really apply. Crazy management staff. If you like yelling, bullying and having uneducated thugs boss you around then this is the place for you.
Pros
pay is ok
Cons
management are bullies, expect everything for nothing
Belterra is a company where they take care of the employees who are serious about doing a good job. They have an amazing benefits package and pay fair wages. Highly recommended for people looking for a great career.
The branch i worked at were all close friends. I am a hard worker and i think i made them look bad. My privacy was invaded and i was constantly yelled at by 2 of the senior guys for things that made no sense. I wanted to transfer to avoid losing my job. Was told they needed me here then was fired. Another branch was going to hire me but the branch manager her called there and told them something. Not to mention my personal tools kept getting stolen and a nice jacket as well. When i was terminated they kept my boots and other knifes beneficial to my job.
Pros
Not a pro at this branch
Cons
All of them
Staff were friendly and courteous and helped each other out a lot. Management could have been better in tune with customer needs. Orders were often incorrect.
a typical day at work is go to shop see if your working that day. get sent home or go out on a job. Depends on the mood of the supervisor or how busy it is in the field. I learned how to be a conveyor belt technician and assemble/dissemble conveyor lines. The upper management is great. The lower management is terrible. Absolutely no communication from supervisor to lower employee. The culture is ok. Lots of people are always upset because of the lack of communication and fighting for jobs like wolves. No job share at all. The hardest part of the job I would say is some of the hours, 16-20 hrs in one day than they argue about how much there going to pay you. And for the most enjoyable i would say , would be the travel . Being able to leave town for a bit and focus on work and make some $$$.
Pros
pays good
Cons
Long hours and lack of communication.
A typical day at work generalized me cleaning the bathrooms and office areas, normally I work alone so listening to music and getting the job done was fun and it was easier to be more productive.
Pros
When the work was done I was able to leave
Cons
This company needs a managment restructure. They tend to play favorites and do not create equal opportunity for all. They pay well, always on time. The company needs to find a balance for employees between work and family. Belterra puts work before family. VERY corporate company.
Pros
Good pay.
Cons
Very demanding company, very corporate
As a field tech it is very hard to balance work and life outside of work. It takes a serious commitment and the understanding that this job will take a toll on you. Management is fair, they expect a lot but will treat you fairly well if you can prove yourself.