BELMONT HOUSE Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
was hard
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 May 2018
loved working there, but some of the staff like to pick on u if youre new and it makes u feel down. Even though i was new n still learning, sometimes they kept putting too much pressure on me and such a poor management. Some of the staff there were nice, but majority of em didnt like it. I understand, some of the elders there are elder n stuff, but some of em kept complaining abt me, that i was slow. how do u expect me to work fast when m still learning and m new to that place? such a bad experience working there. Sometimes out of stress, some of the staff yell at u. Thats not a good example setting on some people who are literaly new to the location. it sets a bad example about your location.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Poor Management
great place
Student Nurse (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 May 2018
have some fast days, have some slow days but overall very busy especially with direct resident care, good team to work with, sometimes hard to communicate because there are a lot of things to do
Emotionally draining but rewarding
Friendly Visitor (Volunteer) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 June 2017
My job involved visiting residents in the Alzheimer's wing at Belmont house, speaking with them and assisting with meals. While it could be very rewarding, I found it to be difficult emotionally to interact with people who couldn't remember me from visit to visit, and when a resident passed away it was always difficult.
Productive and very friendly workplace
Tuck Shop Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 June 2016
Residents were very friendly and very understanding when I first started. I learned how to calculate money a lot faster than I normally could. I got comfortable with using a cash register and locking up the Tuck Shop. The hardest part of the job was just calculating the money at the end of my shift. Everything else was rather easy. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know the residents and learning their names.
Pros
Free compliments
Cons
N/a
Enjoy variety in the position, great opportunity to learn
Bookkeeper and Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, Ontario4 September 2015
Very busy, needed to deal with seniors with hearing problems beside bookkeeper duties.

My job was 2 employees job. Too much one could handled
Pros
for me, i enjoyed the variety of duties
Cons
Not support from upper management
its the best place to work.
House Keeper /Part Time (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 August 2015
Best place to work, its very professional work place. Good salary and benefits, well and nice management, easy hiring process.
Friendly and supportive
Registered Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 October 2012
Receive nursing report
Assess residents who need extra care, Assess before and after your shift
Administer medication,
Review doctor's order
Review Lab or X ray report
Review communication book
Patient centered care with friendly atmosphere
Pros
enhance your skills and professionalism
Cons
nothing today