BellAliant Employee Reviews

4.7Pay & Benefits
3.0Job Security & Advancement
Data Wiring Solutions
Outside Plant Engineer (Former Employee) –  Based out of Dartmouth11 September 2018
Well run company, fun to come to work, always a new challenge. People enjoy coming to work. You could not work for a company that had the employee in mind. In tune with customer needs and what was expected for the company and its employees.
Pros
Employee treatment
Cons
Productive and fun work place
Broadband Technician II (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS1 June 2018
A typical Day: Be available for calls from field technicians, keep an eye on ticket system

Learned: Basic Cisco and Juniper commands, Task management, networking protocols

Management: Was great as long as you were available to work, regardless of downtime - there was no problem. Great to talk to.

Culture: Laid back, able to joke around playfully without HR trying to put you in a trash can. Direct team above mine were not only my trainers but were there for support as well afterwards

Hardest part of the job: Not learning as much as I wanted to/couldn't be promoted knowing positions were filled or were going to be outsourced

Enjoyable part of the job: Able to start learning self study wise on Networks and systems, had access to most of the ISP network managing systems and a good view of how things were set up - good for someone wanting to learn more about SP Networking/Systems
Pros
Evening bonus pay, generous vacation, Internal network bonuses, Easy to staff all around
Cons
Mostly proprietary systems to ISPs, eventually became 24/7 environment
Good stepping stone
Service Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL6 May 2014
I really enjoyed the various tasks that were required when working on the BellAliant internal helpdesk. I also worked the SMB (Small Medium Business) helpdesk as well.
Every call received was different (mostly) and at any moment you could be troubleshooting a network, to resetting a password, to email issues etc. It kept you on your toes.
Management had a cleared defined role and would advise on where you stood and what you needed to get ahead.
People like any job are the heart and soul; and the group I worked with were some of the best.
Pros
People
Cons
steep learning curve
Door to Door sales
Field Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Halifax Regional Municipality, NS25 October 2016
I enjoyed the work and meeting new people and helping them make the transition to a new provider.
Hard business but very rewarding to my family and myself
Pros
Hugh income level
Cons
Working in bad weather

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BellAliant. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2