Bell Employee Reviews

Found 2,278 reviews matching the search See all 2,386 reviews
Hard but fun workplace
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC17 July 2019
Co workers easy to get along with must focus on sales to make good money best times are during the holidays to earn the most money possible its a good learning experience.
Volunteer job but super great experience
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON16 July 2019
I was just a volunteer here but while
i was there it was a great experience and its a great way to feel like you belong to a team
Fun place to work
Register sales (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON15 July 2019
It's a very rewarding job. The location plays a huge contributing factor to the number of sales you will get. Be wise when picking the location or else you'll have a hard time meeting sales targets. Overall, it is a good place especially for students who want to improve their interpersonal skills.
Great opportunity to learn how to sell
Selling Supervisor OSL (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS15 July 2019
Neighbourhood Marketing at for Bell Aliant is a great opportunity to get your feet we tin the world of sales. They give you plenty of opportunities for making mistakes while you are learning along with a ton of training and support to show you how to sell professionally.
Pros
consistent hours with large earning potential
Cons
large seperation between management and employees.
Productive and fun place to work.
Administrative Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 July 2019
My department was with Federal Government Accounts and then with Major Banks and both departments had well educated, polite and well mannered employees. Easy going office environment.
We had many good perks such as having a private boat BBQ and drinks, Rogers Center blue jays game watching at a booked room, picnics, and more. Only left Bell because after getting married I decided to stay home to raise my son.
Very fast paced, amazing people and many perks available.
Finance (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 July 2019
Good people, good company overall. Thousands of courses available free of charge. Pay for management positions is also pretty satisfactory. However, once in management get used to no overtime pay (even if working 20hrs a day), lots of work over the weekends. Very unrealistic and stressful work environment. This is mainly due to company trying to do as much as possible with at least as employees as possible. There is a reason why Bell pushes and promotes mental health and tries to support it commercially...since so many have mental breakdowns due to overwhelming stress at work. If the company actually took time to see how overloaded with work their employees truly are and made changes, then I can say it would probably be one of the greatest companies to work for... hopefully one day it gets there.
Pros
Good pay for "9 to 5" hours on paper (not incl overtime)
Cons
Zero work-life balance, No pay for overtime, Normal to work on weekends and late into evenings/ nights.
Fun and rewarding job, good management, terrible scheduling
Field Technician (Current Employee) –  Ontario13 July 2019
The job is exciting, always different experiences every day, with a lot of freedom and acceptable pay. The company is terrible, very little effort goes into planning, or doing anything of logical sense, but at least you still get paid while you wait for their constant hemorrhaging of wasted time and money to sort itself out.

If you want to be a technician, make sure you're able to understand english with a thick Punjab accent, because that's who you call or support.

You work terrible shifts, inconsistent days, and you don't find out until 7pm whether or not you work the next day.
Pros
freedom, strong union, good culture
Cons
shift scheduling is garbage
Efficient and fun work environment with great people, great place for technological enthusiasts.
Sales-Representative (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON10 July 2019
An abundance of sales and customer service experience acquired by analyzing needs and providing solutions to multiple clients on a daily basis.
A excellent company but not paid a lot
Marketing Analytics Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 July 2019
My superior was wonderful person and treat every one nicely. colleagues were very friendly. Nice company but they didn't pay higher than industry average salary.
Known for culture and policies
HR Consultant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 July 2019
Depending on the manager, the culture of the team varies. some teams have flexible working and good working culture. career advancement opportunities are available for growth.
Not as expected
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 July 2019
was promised a lot more than i got when i started the job
Bell could care less about employees
Small Business Specialist (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB6 July 2019
Recently left my job working as a Small Business Care Representative for over a year in a call centre. With call centres of course, comes stats & metrics that you must meet. I will list a few of these metrics and how Abel makes it next to impossible to achieve them.

- Transferring Calls -
Yes, if your transfers are too high... you are penalized for it. Unfortunately... more than often our calls get escalated to supervisors because the customer is not satisfied with what we have to offer. This is beyond our control & we can only deescalate for so long. If they want a supervisor... we need to transfer that call.

-Cancellations-
This is where Bell makes it extremely hard. Customer will call in who have been with Bell since the 90’s, are upset. Loyalty gets you NO WHERE with Bell & usually they are calling in because they were made an offer with the competitors that is a great deal. Bell does not care to compete...nor does it do ANYTHING to keep loyal customers onboard. If this customer cancels (& rightfully so)...YOU are penalized.

- Handle Time-
You are scored on your average handle times for calls...meaning on average how much time you are spending on calls. Now with the systems Bell uses (SUUUPER out of date)... more than often your system will crash. Multiple times in on go. So what should take about 5 minutes start to finish...now becomes a 30 minute call because Bell CANNOT be bothered to fix their systems. And guess what... that is on YOU. Bell has NO problem ripping off millions of customers every day with ridiculous price increases and what not...so obviously
  more... they have money. But where is the money going because your “valued agents” are using unreliable software from the stone ages.

These are just a FEW of the many issues you will face working with Bell. Bell does not care at all about employees...because they see you as replaceable. You will basically be doing their dirty work & be expected to be verbally abused all day, everyday for this companies careless mistakes.
Toxic environment
Clerical provisioning (Former Employee) –  Mississauga creekbank5 July 2019
Bell is big advocates of mental illness yet most of there employees have a mental illness due to the toxic work environment . They treat all there employees like a number and very bad. Management lacks education its who you know. Favoratism , racism To name a few . Long hours no work life balance . Always a ambulance taking someone out of department on a stretcher . Pay is good but that’s all they pretty much want you to sell your soul. The upper management are cruel cold hearted and very unprofessional . Worse place ever . I worked there for 20 years .dont ever work here or buy there products .
Pros
Pay benefits
Cons
Management uneducated
Fun place
Représentant support technique (Current Employee) –  Quebec City, QC5 July 2019
Je travailles pour la compagnie encore et c'est un milieu qui m'a trop attiré et que j'ai appris plein des choses, je recommanderai cette belle compagnie,
Pros
lunches payé
Cons
non
huge and professional place to work in, with a diverse of infrastructure and technologies
Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 July 2019
i used to start my day by taking the TTc to the workshop at Etoecoke,
Toronto and load my tools and spare parts to the vehicle and drive to the first customer at 8 AM
i used to average 3 work orders per day, which we get them through and app and then i closing my day at 7 PM by returning the vehicle to the workshop and make my daily reports through the apps.

i had a to month training of fiber optics, cooper and TV installation and maintenance for Bell infrastructure.

The management tends to depend on the apps and tends automate the operations, but they provide a good deal of resources

work place culture is good while most of the times are on field with customers

the hardest part of the job is the environmental conditions on the field

and the enjoyment is in involving in good conversations with customers
Pros
resources
Cons
micromanagement
High Pressure/Potential reward
Wellness Specialist (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC2 July 2019
Good benefits and pay, however constant pressure to perform
Company expects employees to want to advance, not looking for employees wanting to do their job without wanting to move up
Tennis Table
Agent de perception (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC30 June 2019
Bell, its a really great place to work, nice coworkers and managers
They are always there when you have a situation
If you have any family or relationship issue they will provide help
Pros
breaks
Cons
lunch
Great Place to learn new skills
Business Intelligence Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 June 2019
The company has a culture of start up. Working long hours. No direction from management. Low pay. However, it is a great place to learn new tools and applications.
great workplace
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 June 2019
typical day at work involved, coming into work for 12, prepping for the day and how we can achieve our sales goals. I learned a lot at this job, it forced me to come out my comfort zone and the management was great.
Pros
start time
Cons
work on weekends
Bad Employer in Pictou County
Never Say (Current Employee) –  New Glasgow, NS27 June 2019
Biased. Is not an equal oppurtunity employer. Has gone through more employees using their judgement than most businesses. Ignores applications from qualified applicants. Can not seem to contact applicants, can never give straight answers and the Highland Square location in New Glasgow Nova Scotia has the worst customer service I have ever seen. I fail to mention the employees have no knowledge of the products they sell.
Pros
They have things.
Cons
Employess are dumb in the mentioned location.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bell. Our community is ready to answer.