Bell Employee Reviews

Great sales/ people experience
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB31 January 2018
I learned how to sell different products to a variety of different clients. The culture itself was relaxed and very easy going which was nice. The most enjoyable part of the job was speaking to old and new clients.
Wonderful work / life balance with a challenging position
ENVIRONMENT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON30 January 2018
Wonderful work / life balance with a challenging position. I throughly enjoy working for this company. The management is career oriented and team oriented.
Fun place to work
Administrative Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC29 January 2018
I enjoyed my experience working with Bell, since I got to make new friends. My supervisor was very funny. Whenever we had meetings, my supervisor makes it entertaining by telling funny stories.
Pros
Making friends
Cons
Not enough work sometimes
Imagine a slave cotton picking field
Field Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 January 2018
No work life balance, you practically go home to sleep to resume back to the cotton field the next 6 hours. You are expected to complete a job within an unreasonable stipulated time including the drive time. You can't plan ahead, you can be forced to work even on a day off, no weekend off, no family time.

The slave masters are called managers, whose major goal is to make sure their numbers looks right. For this kind of job that involves many risks and yet no health benefit until you work 5+ years to qualify for it.
Quality and quaitity of job done is comparatively low to job pay.
Pros
Equips you with experience
Cons
Not worth it!
Our goal in customer service and store standards
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Sackville, NB29 January 2018
Managing an environment means you must be responsible for the well being of every individual that enters your location. As a manager we are always teaching our staff to take ownership and know the product to be able to sell it to there best ability.
Pros
100% support
Cons
hourly wage and commision
my job description
CUSTOMER SERVICE AND SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 January 2018
was providing excellent customer service all the way through each and every call and make sales and making sure every customer benefit from ther service we provide to them.

treat people the way u want to be treated

the hardest part was to find a window seat at work as I love the sunshine

the most enjoyable part is being at work every day I'm scheduled.
I enjoyed working here the job itself was great and the people that worked there from management level yo my own colleages was amazing friendly and we all learnt from each other everyday .
Great place to work with fantastic people.
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 January 2018
I joined bell as a New-Grad within their B2B sales division, and it was a fantastic experience to start my career. The management was very committed to personal development, preached work-life balance, and were easily approachable. The people that worked there were amazing and very friendly.

Bell is good people doing good things. I recommend Bell as an employer or a service provider to everyone.
Pros
Ample training and education opportunities, and fantastic people to work with.
Cons
Heavy processes driven, bureaucratic culture.
People in dept and surrounding dept. are all great
Sales & Technical Support (Current Employee) –  100 Borough Drive, Scarborough25 January 2018
This company would be great if they advanced people that have achieved high results and commendations. I have applied for jobs numerous times in 7 years without answer and I am still working the midnight shift in the call centre.
Pros
Overtime available at times
Cons
No advancement
Good Place to work
Field Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Port Hawkesbury, NS23 January 2018
Company is going through transition but over all a good place to work. Good salary, good benefits, fair vacation allotments. Opportunities for advancement.
Can be a fun place to work.
Support Expert (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS21 January 2018
Basically do the job of everyone in the store. Sometimes feels like you didn't really leave when it comes to shifts. Have had to change personal commitments to cover other people.
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
do your job and the job of others with no acknowledgement
Great management
Network and System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 January 2018
Come in work on any troublshooting issues

Learned how to troubleshoot effectively

Management is very friendly and understanding

Culture is very welcoming

Hardest part is nothing

Most enjoyable is friendly work environment
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
good
Telephone Cable Splicer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 January 2018
enjoyable place to work, great people to work with. 34 years went quick, feel like I could do 15 more. The work takes a toll on your body over time, take all safety precautions.
Amazing place to work
BUSINESS TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 January 2018
We face some challenges as Customers are not all identical.. however it helps to strengthen your troubleshooting skills and build good communication skills within your team. The most enjoyable part of this job is working with various new and old technologies on various platforms.
Pros
Good working environment
Cons
Low seniority
Fun place to work
Building Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 January 2018
This was a a good company to work with, well organized, safe and clean working environment. Lots of room for advancement and growth. They promote from within.
Fast-paced, stressful
Household Loyalty (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC8 January 2018
Overall, the job was a good one. The pay was decent if you were on the phones, however I found out quickly that if they pulled you off the phones for training, you were paid a smaller wage, as well as your vacation days were paid at a smaller rate. It was a bit frustrating.
Okay for a few years
Residential Technician (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON6 January 2018
Worked here for just around 3 years. Job is interesting and you meet really cool people. Once you get used to the work you can recognize the big-company politics of being a number and how they just want you to bang out tickets...

Work/life balance was a struggle as they had MANY overtime hours to give.. Working a 10-9 shift then getting forced in for an 8-5 the next day after a 4 day streak is exhausting.. It's what made me leave.

Winter season is tough to work through but if you dress smart you'll be fine. Job is tasking but tolerable and I've heard horror stories of bad manager but I've never had any issues in my experience (although I have had colleagues who share their bad experiences with their managers at the time).
Pros
Dollar raise after ever 6 months
Cons
LONG climb to full-time position.
Bell Technical Solutions
Technician (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON6 January 2018
Unionized work environment.

Visiting members of the community in their homes to supply TV, internet and phone services.

Unsociable hours especially when first starting career but good opportunity for overtime.

Overall a good company to work for.
Excellent Learning Environment
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ON5 January 2018
Bell Canada is a demanding employer but gives back as much to it's employees as much as anyone can expect. Benefits, bonuses, ergonomic workstations, extra training and career advancement are all part of the positive work environment.
Pros
Training, Breaks, Advancement, Bonuses
Cons
Stressful, Draining
Excellent job for those with no social life.
Technician (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON5 January 2018
Typical day entails driving a randomly assigned vehicle to a customer's house and fixing their problem with little to no assistance. Strong problem solving skills required. Weather is often uncomfortable.

Management is .... not great. Their primary concern is numbers as your numbers reflect on their bonuses, so be prepared for a high stress environment.

For the first 5 years you will work every single weekend and evening shift. Forced overtime makes having a family life difficult.

With minimum wage at $14/h, the pay is quite poor for the first 5 years for what you have to endure.
Pros
On your own for the most part.
Cons
Everything else.
Good
Sales Leader (Former Employee) –  Leader, SK5 January 2018
The work environment was incredible and they training ongoing, this job was paid on commission, since i am highly skilled at influencing people i was provided sizable paychecks for my work. This gave me a new found understanding of what hard work means the difference between working for your paycheck and my actions being shown in my pay.
Pros
Growth
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bell. Our community is ready to answer.