Bell Employee Reviews

what I learned
Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 April 2018
It was the starting of my career at Bell Canada. It was a big and great team. It was a great team and team building exercises was thought to be good for the team and we had a lot of them.
Very Positive atmosphere
Assignment Clerk for Installers and Repairmen (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON8 April 2018
Call Center for Residential Home Accounts for Installation and Repair. Scheduling appointments for Home Accounts and acting liaison to Installers & Repair Technican's.
Innovative and engaging company
Manager/ Network Architecture Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 April 2018
Number 1 Telcom company in Canada is a great place to work that is both innovative and engaging. Bell is constantly reinventing itself and pushing the technology frontiers.
Busy Challenging Work Environment
Mid-Market Solution Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Southern Ontario6 April 2018
Very faced paced busy work environment
I learned multi-tasking skills and time management skills.
This position honed my account management skills. Great co-workers.
Technical Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC5 April 2018
I enjoyed my 1 year working at Bell, great place to learn experiance.
Workplace culture was very supportive among my co-workers.
close to a lot of food places.
Friendly and patient colleagues around you
Field Technician (Current Employee) –  1500 Birchmount Ave31 March 2018
As a field technician in Bell Technical Solution, I need to drive to the workshop and pick up my assigned vehicle. The first thing that I need to do is circle check, which includes tools, materials, ladders, and vehicle situation. After that, I inform my customer that I am driving to your house for installation or repair.

Bell Technical Solutions assign me many pieces of training. So you can move forward and be able to do various kinds of work. Moreover, the colleagues in there are very nice and supportive. Sometimes, you may need some help or materials, we have a special application that finds the nearby technician' telephone number, and you can call them for help.

However, there is one thing that struggles me, when you works in downtown, you may have to carry the ladders through for hundreds of meters because there is no parking lot beside the customer house.

Overall, Bell Technician Solutions is a nice place to work, enjoyable part is that you can save your overtime and use them for the vacation.
Great - depending on locations/management
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cranbrook, BC29 March 2018
A great company to work for. Huge earning potential as long as you can connect to customers, but depending on your location and management team on the possibility for growth/development.
Pros
commission is good, good company
Cons
stressful, sales targets
Great Summer Job
Technician (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON28 March 2018
A great job if you enjoy driving and being outdoors. New challenges and experiences every day. Training is good but the best way to learn is on the job.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Working on weekends
Bell is exceptional
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON28 March 2018
The work was monitored meticulously. It was challenging and rewarding. I was proud to work there for 37 years. Unfortunately most of the work is being transferred overseas
On contract
Contracted Employee (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 March 2018
Great working hours at Bell. Contractor, so can't say anything about benefits, but salary is good. On contract, so I don't have much job security. company culture is good
Excellent!
Advanced Network Technician (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 March 2018
They are so far the best company I have ever worked for!
Great pay, lots of perks work hard play hard !

Room for new opportunity, growth etc

Supportive knowledgeable management, honestly a real career

Couldn't ask for a better place I Love it!
Great work environment, good process
IT Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC26 March 2018
Great company, very organized and follow a well defined process.
Projects are managed well, good teams, good vendor selection.
Some projects were not very efficient.
good money work life balance not so good
Telecommunications Technician (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON26 March 2018
overall good place to work. only problem is theta the schedual work life balance was not the best. but the money was good and the guys were good to work with.
Time Administrator (Current Employee) –  London, ON23 March 2018
Great place to work. I have enjoyed working for Bell for over 30 years and don't have a negative word to say. They have treated and paid me well for my services.
Bell doesn’t care about Mental Health
Media (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 March 2018
It’s all a pr front. Bell does not care about its employees mental health. Was let go after a legitimate mental health condition. Shame on you Bell. Don’t believe the hype.
Factory environment
FTTH Network Specialist (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON22 March 2018
Bell has been good to me, one thing that is tough to except is you are a number ans at some point in your career you will be faced with that.
Well structured place with many polices to keep it that way.
Pros
treated Well
Cons
Long Hours
Daily work load
IS/IT Manager (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC21 March 2018
Managed a team of support staff to maintain IT infrastructure within the legal department. Managed projects for upgrading and innovation current infrastructure and deploying new technology.

Worked closely with over 200 lawyers and legal staff to meet the IT needs and concerns.

The hardest part of the job was to deal with the conflicting needs of the Business Units while maintaining peak performance of the current infrastructure.

The most enjoyable part of my job was to see that reaction of all my lawyers when their efficiency levels were increased due to system improvements.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
dealing with CGI
Bell Canada
IS/IT Manager Legal & Regulatory (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC21 March 2018

Pros
excellent work life balance
Cons
dealing with outsourced IT support (CGI) with conflicting SLA
tennis table in lunch room
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC20 March 2018
customer service taking inbound call.. helping client with their question on billing assistance and customer service overall. also assist them in additional question on their services.
Fantastic first placement
Data Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 March 2018
Just got lucky with this first placement out of school. Many years of moving up the chain to become a respected part of the company. Lots of training and mentorship. Majority of managers well worth their positions and well treated.

Hard work in some instances, but people were rewarded and looked after.

Great environment and always cutting edge technology. Many of the smarted people I have ever met worked with me at Bell.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bell. Our community is ready to answer.