Bell logo
Bell
Happiness score is 52 out of 100Below average

Bell Employee Reviews

Found 2,338 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,459 reviews

Productive place to work with great people.

Featured review

Bell selected this as a representative review
Productive place to work with great people. Great benefits and culture. Great support to expand knowledge and skills of the job. Many people end up staying long term.

Good temporary job

Bell is a good temporary job but nothing more. As the ladder of management climbs the less help & support you receive. Pay isn't nearly enough for the work load and customer blow back you receive. In the current status the RM of Bell Atlantic is abusing their rights and causing extreme physical and emotional stress to all managers and representatives. Bell has also made working with Covid difficult and we're more and more exposed to getting it with every new rule.

Pros

Full time pay with part time hours.

Cons

Management, Pay, Work Load

Learning experience

Technicians were great to work with management needs a heck of a lot of work The way BTS runs their system now is ridiculous No matter how hard you work there's always something that Management will yell at you for

Brand has very bad reputation

People will scold you a team at you. Especially door knocking is very difficult in winter. Managers are good and supportive always helpful. But working condition very rough you will have no self esteem you have to bag customer to buy bell service.

Commission mal faite

Système de commission mal conçu objectif complètement dépassé . De la pression inutiles et abusé a un point il faut mentir au clients! Honnetement mauvais employeur devrais prendre note a ses concurrents

Pros

Rien

Cons

Pression

Overall ok place to work, depends what department you get in.

Technician for Bell for 9 years now. started in consumer and moved to business. Company is always trying to get metrics on you and the way they measure is not realistic. Company service discount is ok, but things at Bell were always better in previous years. Departments are all being contracted out overseas or being wiped out, so the people left have a heavier workload as they amalgamate departments. time off is standard with 2 weeks vacation to start and then 3 weeks after probation period, then 4 weeks after 9 years, then 5 after 19 years or something. stock options to buy in but not as good as other companies like Telus. DCB pension like most companies today so depends on what you put into it. Overall they are ok but nothing special.

Pros

free cell phone(for technicians) 35% employee discount.

Cons

average pay(bad if living in high cost area), no advancement, unreasonable metrics

productive and fun workplace

At my store, everyone is really supportive. The team at my store was really helpful and it was good to work with them. The hardest part for me working at this store was getting traffic to the store.

Don't stay there too long.

The job can be physically exhausting, carrying ladders, working at heights and in subzero temperatures. Just get enough experience and then leave. Little or no chance to get interviews in other Bell subsidiaries.(Bell Technical Solutions)

Good Working environment

Bell Canada is a great place to work at. Lots of great people. The job is is demanding, Executives are great to work with and Management is attentive to your needs.

Good career, good benefits and pension

I loved my Job at Bell Canada. I am retired now. I was promoted 4 times.You can succeed through hard work and good work ethics. I now enjoy life and my pension,while still having 85 % benefits paid. Also still own bell stock which pays quarterly dividends.

Pros

Benefits, employee discount on bell services.

Cons

Was required at times to work overtime, while juggling being a parent, trying to attend my children’s after school activities.

Jobs at Bell

See more jobs

Fast paced job

Bell was a great place to work until couple of years before my layoff, it became vey stressful to work there. Employees at retail channel support were expected ( actually there was no choice) to assist customer service when level of calls were high at client care, meeting all stats such as average handle time, hold time. Not ready time, etc. It was a everyday thing that you were assisting client care even though you work in different department.

Pros

Working for reputable company

Cons

Very stressful

Great place to work if you have good coworkers.

The people are definitely what make the job for me. I've had a team full of awesome coworkers and a team with some who wouldn't pull their slack or put very little effort in which made the job horrid. Most of the time, you're simply waiting around for customers to come in so you can sell them something. If the other person you're with for those 8 hours isn't very likable, you're going to spend a lot of time staring at your phone counting the minutes.The corporate culture can be very draining. There is a lot of kool-aid being passed out in district wide group chats which gets annoying.The job really comes down to both if your manager is a decent person and if you have a good team of people to work with.

Pros

Decent wage/comission

Cons

Sometimes the changes that corporate implement make no sense.

Good entry-level sales job

Good learning experience getting into sales. Decent pay if you can do your job and get sales. Wish they staffed better, they usually keep budgets super low

Pros

Hourly plus commission

Cons

Stressful, usually understaffed

Caractéristiques

-Très bon pour le développement personnel - Horaire 12-8 - salaire de base + commissions - avantage sociaux excellent - Travail d’équipe/ entraide

Pros

Encadrement

Vraiment moins payer

Aucune avancement rien que rester tout ça vie passer des appel à une autre

Cons

Courte pause

No limits to earning commissions

If you are an outgoing person and can convince people to believe that you are giving them the best products, this is a place you wanna be in. As it's a commission based job with a base salary to back you up, You will feel more flexible to focusing on your sales acumen and of course the brand name will also give your resume a good value.

Pros

Good money, fun working in the field.

Cons

Third party employer maintaining the workforce.

Great working environment

Great company to work for. Treats their employees great. HIghly recommend working there. Also a very diverse workplace. Ability and opportunities for advancement at every level. Also management very clearly gives you the tools to get your job done with lots of support.

Pros

free lunches, overtime if you want, good benefit package, 6 weeks holiday

Cons

very busy at times

Environnement agréable

Apprentissage continu, possibilité de faire un bon salaire annuel

Environnement stricte

Milieu de travail très actif et cadre de travail très serré presque militaire mais grande possibilité carrière interaction avec la direction immédiate relativement rigide et contrôlante mais négociable.Malheureusement très peu de place à l'initiative et système de formation anémique. Il faut faire son chemin et avoir du caractère.

Pros

CAFÉ GRATUIT

Cons

PERMANENCE LONGUE À OBTENIR

Fun to meet new people in my job.

I am currently going to different places in the Hamilton, Naigara and Norfolk Area. I meet different customers on daily basis. It is a good time spending and talking with them.

Useful Stepping Stone, Unethical Practices

Worked at Bell for approximately three years in five locations. The corporate training was useful to learn effective sales techniques, but once I returned to the store, I was encouraged by managers to find sneaky ways to gain more activations, all in the name of “discovering hidden needs”. Sales reps were rewarded for high performance without regard to how they got there. Worst of all, one of my managers was racist towards me (I’m a visible minority) and received no consequence. Not even a warning. The regional manager, HR, and headquarters turned a blind eye, presumably because he was a Tier A manager in a successful branch. If you want to work in a healthy, moral environment, consider elsewhere.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bell. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3Job security/advancement