Bell

3.3Job security & advancement

Found 1,109 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,906 reviews
canadasaletargetmobilitycentrealiantcommissiontelecommunication

Great company

Great company only missing the listening of the employees for some advancement. One big negative point: they don’t respect the mental health of employees when they are in need…

Great place to learn

I worked with the Data & Analytics team as a project manager and while I was at Bell, I learning increased due to new technology and tools I was exposed to, even as a contractor. To a large extent, my development was in my hands so I leveraged connections and relationships to learn those new technologies and tools.Culture is great within the CoE I worked, there was mutual respect, people joked and had fun and your differences and boundaries were respected. The team was quite diverse which I think created a learning experience for everyone.Pay isn’t great and isn’t competitive to industry of what similar telecoms or tech businesses at Bell Canada, however, if you want to learn, I’d say it’s a great place to get exposed to new tech and tools.

Insights into Bell

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Overall satisfaction

boys club

if you are male and good at sales this would be a great job for you. if you are a woman advancement within the company is rare. but because its sales you are always expected to sell more. good luck with in person sales when everything is moving online!

Nice place to work at if salary is not your main concern

Decent place with a lot of people who stay in this industry for extremely long time. Growth opportunity depend on the effort you put into but it will be capped at senior manager as you willl Need to wait opening for director position.

Pros

EPP Program

Cons

Cap after senior manager

Stressful

You are a number to a major corporation. If you cannot get it done they will find someone who can. The work is hard and always at heights. Take years to progress through seniority because of the size of the company. But the pay is okay

Pretty fun place but gets boring

it's fun when its busy, but as soon as you hit the slow season and there's no customers, its brutal, you get in trouble for not hitting targets and you're not making any commission so you can barely live. there's very little room for raises and advancements. but when you're in the Christmas season you can make a couple thousand in commission. for the most part management is great at all the stores i worked at, no complaints there.

Pros

good management, commission and flexibility

Cons

salary, it's boring and no room for advancement

Not bad

Not a bad work environment. There is room to grow and you learn alot about yourself through talkinng to different people door to door. You also learn about people.

Pros

Self development

Cons

Great when bus. unit was smaller

Constant shuffling of senior leadership. Typical of this unit. Fun when working in a smaller business unit. A lot of acquiring and divesting of 3rd parties.

Good company to work for

If you are a good sales rep, you'll not find it difficult to work here, good benefits, not competitive in terms of pay and they treat you like a part-time employee even if you work full time. Good company to work for nonetheless because they give out awesome benefits and good RRSP and ESP programs.

I really enjoyed my time at Bell as a Sales Consultant! I would love to work at the company again if given the opportunity, However, I do feel that they were not able to help me with my mental health at the time even though they are advocates of mental health support. They asked me to resign, when I needed 3 weeks off. Other than that, I would love to work for Bell again

Good people, okay pay

A lot of good work, but pay is not competitive. If living outside larger cities, little opportunity for advancement. Overall a good employer, flexible environment.

Door to door salesperson

Great group of people but a lot of travelling. The pay is amazing, however the hours and time away from home gets to you. Great for a single person. Got promotion to assistant field manager.

Great place to work!

If you like change and welcome continuous learning it is a place to work. Lots of opportunities for advancement and room to grow your skills! Great team energy!

Hard to get promoted past store manager sure to limited roles. Otherwise great, managers make 55k-75k and have a lot of job security. Non stressful job.

Great sales job

Worked here for a while and love the culture, compensation and the company is extremely supportive. Only thing I can think of that would be a con is that they relocate you constantly.

Awesome

Good training, great management. Enjoyed my night shift position as well as my agent chat position. Work at home was very convenient. Train on-site then bring equipment home.

Not a great place to work at

Not a workplace I could see my growth. Probably my experience was not that much but in my limited work experience over there I felt lack of openness and opportunities for growing further.

Pros

Brand name

Cons

Culture, Work environment

Fun but needed better management

My manager wasn't great but overall a good learning opportunity and a fun group of people. Did a bunch of group activities which was paid for by Bell.Work life balance was good.

Good company to work for in a fast-paced collaborative environment

Overall, great people at the organization and good collaborative culture. Really dynamic competitive environment. Senior leadership focus on results and top-line where I think there is room for improvement to focus on the people as well. Compensation could be higher.

Productive and easy going place

Very easy going job, lots of room to learn the business and move up in management. Learning basics such as customer solutions and working a computer is all you need to thrive

Where careers go to die.

I've seen it time and time again, those who work at Bell Mobility who are good at what they don't last long. This is because Bell has very poor advancement opportunities.Usually those who stay are lifers and bottom of the barrel employees.Pay is well below market standard.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bell. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement