Bell logo
Bell

Bell Employee Reviews for Technician

Found 76 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,458 reviews

productive place to work

production place the company has good diversity people are friendly and helpful they share information among themselves and are always willing to help you.

Learning experience

Technicians were great to work with management needs a heck of a lot of work The way BTS runs their system now is ridiculous No matter how hard you work there's always something that Management will yell at you for

Good For High school Grads.

As a field Tech. If you are new to the town in just couple of months you will be familiar with your towns map, like restaurants, what's trending how people talk, what age group is best to have conversation with, getting knowledge of how things workout in certain areas. On top of that you get to travel around the town on companies vehicle, know how to work at height, house prices nearby and much more.

Pros

Hourly wage 8 to 5 schedule most of the days, part-time weekends availability đź‘Ś, nice ops managers In windsor.

Cons

Not good for Full-Time your availability should be all day 8 to 9. Perfomance matrix in place, Decentralized system, hard to deal with various departments for a change that customer asks for, No internal promotions

Team Player

I’m hoping to get a driving job out of Barrie . If the job requires me to drive a company vehicle out of town that’s fine . I have very good knowledge of Toronto and all towns between . I also worked in the Airport in Toronto for 15 years servicing pay phones for bell .

Pros

Easy to navigate

Cons

To many questions at first .

Good people and job

The job is great, hours are not reliable as a par timer but other than that I love it. You meet new people every day and the people I work with are all fantastic.

huge and professional place to work in, with a diverse of infrastructure and technologies

i used to start my day by taking the TTc to the workshop at Etoecoke, Toronto and load my tools and spare parts to the vehicle and drive to the first customer at 8 AM i used to average 3 work orders per day, which we get them through and app and then i closing my day at 7 PM by returning the vehicle to the workshop and make my daily reports through the apps. i had a to month training of fiber optics, cooper and TV installation and maintenance for Bell infrastructure. The management tends to depend on the apps and tends automate the operations, but they provide a good deal of resources work place culture is good while most of the times are on field with customers the hardest part of the job is the environmental conditions on the field and the enjoyment is in involving in good conversations with customers

Pros

resources

Cons

micromanagement

theyprovide you withthe proper tools

Terrible hours and pay. Not a bad job if you are young. There are some good workers, but the job teaches you how to become lazy. The worst part of the job is going into someone cockroach infested home.

Great type of work, bad for recognition or growth

Great type of work, bad for recognition or growth, the longer to stay the more stuck you feel. received no recognition for hours worked or jobs well done

Pros

great type of work

Cons

zero growth prospects or recognitions

great place

I was having a good time working with Bell which is one of the top company telecommunication in Canada with no doubt. when I was I learned a lot of things for free

Bell was a good

Bell was a good stepping stone to develop my career.They make sure all training and safety certificates are up to date. They offer training to advance your career.

Outdoors

Bell was great had my own car and got to drive all around different cities and set up TV or internet and really interacting with different customers was great

Pros

Company van

Cons

Work in bad weather climbing ladders

fun workplace

Fun workplace with a state of the art facility. learned a lot professionally. workplace culture is the best overall but the shift work is hard. best part about working here is the people you work with and the knowledge you can gain from them because they have been there for a long time. management is great and very supportive.

Pros

benefits, salary, location

Cons

shift work

An ok place to work

An okay place to work. It was much better back in mid 2000s. But salary is below industry standard. Aggressive environment. KPI oriented. Team work was lacking on my team. My team had a lot of finger pointing.

Cons

long hours, aggressive

Great Learning experience

Working in this fast paced environment, entitled me to learn many new technologies and allowed me to stay on top of learning any platform that was introduced. The team spirit was tremendous and it always endeavored me to share ideas, my own presentations and fostered growth within the team I always felt that I could learn and grow within the organisation

Pros

Great working environment

Chaotic work envioronment.

It was an easy job, the hours were to much. They would change your days of rest 12 hours before your next shift. Worked a lot of 48hr weeks for them. Learned a lot about networking and running wire in wall. I didn't have an actual manager until 6 months on the job. Easy job, just very dangerous. Especially when climbing 48 foot ladders on top of hydro poles to work on a terminal. The most enjoyable part of the job was finishing a job for a customer. Knowing you did a good job in the end.

some good mostly bad

working at bts is fun and there is a lot of freedom with the job but the micro management and extensive hours can make working at bts a pain sometimes

Pros

Your own vehicle, company phone, discount on services

Cons

10 hour shifts, when u start you'll work every weekend and holiday

Productive fun job if you like a challenge

Great people and workplace culture training teaches you everything you need to know before you get out in the field. The hardest part of the job is your first few days on your own then gets much better.

Pros

Indepedently working

Cons

Longer hours

Good environment

a typical day is dealing and trouble shooting with clients, customers or other internal department. Doing digital testing for voice and data circuits.

Pros

hands on

Cons

travel

Terrible work life balance. Management treats you only as a number and statistic

Work life balance is non existent. Schedule is not set and you can be called in with 12 hours notice. Making plans ahead of time is nearly impossible. The managers are only about getting as many jobs done as quickly as possible. Essentially, if you run into problems on a job, do not expect anyone to be understanding as to why it is taking you longer. Management expects you to stay past the end of your scheduled shift if a job is not finished before then. They are not legally allowed to force you to stay, however if you do leave your manager will find a way to come down on you in some other way regardless of if you have actually stayed to help on other occasions. The job itself is easy. The worst part is dealing with the weather; extreme cold and hot. Sometimes customers can be hard to handle. You are entering customers homes so this comes with good and bad. Some times you may come across very dirty or crowded homes. As well as the occasional drug addict, but you do have the right to refuse the job or call to have someone stay with you while you are there. There were regular raises. $1 per roughly 6 months worked up to a cap but this does not outweigh the cons of the job. Benefits are okay. Not great and not awful. Overall this job should only be taken if in dire need of money and with no intention of staying long term. I was there for 4 years and it was very taxing some days. It also causes a strain on family life as most shifts you will be working until 9pm or later and you will work every weekend and most if not every holiday.

Pros

Generally left alone to do your work

Cons

Long hours. No set schedule. Management and efficiency system creates a very toxic work environment

Long days

Money and training was very rushed. Never got an opportunity to fully learn the company and our objectives as a technician. Was thrown into the job without proper training, making it extremely difficult.

Union Environment

Start at 10am, work till 9pm work load heavy and tight. Dealing with angry customers, working in their homes. Must be able to work long hours in Rain, Snow or Ice Storm conditions. The job was not the issue at this company.

Pros

face to face interaction with customers

Cons

Union management relations

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bell. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3Job security/advancement