Bell

Clear
3.7Pay & benefits

Found 7 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,408 reviews

Good Benefits

Company offers good benefits packages to managers, and above average packages for reps, uncapped commission makes good option for people who love to work hard

Yikes -A scary company to work for

Sexism, harassment, racism, homophobia, you name it, it went on. One of my bosses was doing ALL of these things at one point and after he left, he was praised as being right for the job at the time. Plus, explaining to irate people why we were ripping them off time after time was AWFUL. When we stopped taking ID from first nations things were also difficult. Being called racist was awful. Then we implemented a policy to interrogate anyone purchasing a phone at malls with heavy first nations populations. Obviously that bothered people.

Lucrative and Educational, Fun and Challenging

I loved my job at Bell and Virgin, and my review is based on my time as a store manager in Alberta, not Ontario. The company communicates well, and treats people fairly, pays you well and gives you lots of chances to make extra money too. My RM'S were all truly great people too, always fair and honest and I always knew what was expected of me. Overall, loved working there, would do it again in a heartbeat!

Pros

Plenty of ways to make money, great work life balance.

Cons

Working weekends, tough targets sometimes

You learn valuable skills, but prepare to work.

Bell is not a bad company to work for. The culture is strong, the organization is well structured, and there is definitely a specific person/place for any concern. In the right region, you will have great opportunities for advancement. And if you’re lucky, you’ll have a manager who is invested in your development. On the negative side, the base salary for all positions is very low—plan your budget around this. The variable pay (commissions, manager bonuses called “SIP”) can be extremely lucrative, but hard to achieve. If you excel and beat your targets, you will double your salary easily. But if you merely attain your targets, or don’t make them, be prepared for a financial reality check. In addition, opportunities for advancement are very much limited to Ontario/Quebec. The other regions are dominated by people who have settled in for life. Advancement outside of central Canada only occurs when someone dies or retires, and then watch out—the whole company structure will change rapidly as the talented clamber for promotions. Lastly, the company structure for sales attainment is centred around a dying model—home services, or “BRS”. This is the end all and be all of sales targets. You make the most money, but are constantly fighting for the same customers who left Bell 3-4 months ago for a better deal. If you are the type of person that can de-escalate an angry customer, you will do well. Internally, support for employees is phenomenal. The benefits package is unreal and no one can beat it. However, you will learn to dread any phone call to “customer service” or our -

Pros

Lucrative bonus/commission structure, strong organizational culture and structure, and regional opportunities for advancement

Cons

Long hours, bad work/life balance, low base pay, toxic customer support culture, and limited opportunities for advancement if you live outside Ontario/Quebec

Work-life balance needs to be improved for store managers

Working over 40 hours a week shouldn't be allowed but as a bell store manager I found myself doing just that in order to keep up with operational and sales goals.

Pros

High commission

Cons

Overworked and low salary for managers

Fun workplace

Excellent company benefits and culture. Advancement is promised but it is difficult to receive feedback. Typical workday included inventory management, payroll management, conflict resolution, training, coaching, customer service.

Big Company

-Opportunities to learn however no work life balance" -Okay environment, Somewhat relaxed atmosphere, interesting projects to work on, good benefits -They are more geared towards sales than customer service

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bell. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3Job security/advancement