Bell

Bell Employee Reviews for Store Manager

Found 36 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,410 reviews

Good place to work if you are someone who loves to maximize their money

Working at Bell was great. It is an environment where you can make a lot of friends and money. It also provides ample opportunity for growth. It was overall a great experience

Poor leadership on Vancouver Island

I would stay away from this one. The senior leadership on the island is horrific. You will be forced to do unethical things only to get thrown under the bus for them later. The RM on the island is unstable and unreasonable. The store management and staff get mistreated and under paid. Work anywhere else... seriously. Bell as a company is not bad and I am sure off island they are great.

Yikes -A scary company to work for

Sexism, harassment, racism, homophobia, you name it, it went on. One of my bosses was doing ALL of these things at one point and after he left, he was praised as being right for the job at the time. Plus, explaining to irate people why we were ripping them off time after time was AWFUL. When we stopped taking ID from first nations things were also difficult. Being called racist was awful. Then we implemented a policy to interrogate anyone purchasing a phone at malls with heavy first nations populations. Obviously that bothered people.

I started off as a regular sales consultant and was able to consistently learn and adapt to become better in sales. Took on leadership responsibilities and excelled at that too. Lot of area for growth.

Pros

build your own schedule

Cons

Always on the job

Lucrative and Educational, Fun and Challenging

I loved my job at Bell and Virgin, and my review is based on my time as a store manager in Alberta, not Ontario. The company communicates well, and treats people fairly, pays you well and gives you lots of chances to make extra money too. My RM'S were all truly great people too, always fair and honest and I always knew what was expected of me. Overall, loved working there, would do it again in a heartbeat!

Pros

Plenty of ways to make money, great work life balance.

Cons

Working weekends, tough targets sometimes

Great job to get experience and knowledge regarding the phone industry.

I enjoy working for Bell Canada. The work environment is motivating, fun and extremely rewarding. You get to meet may nice people and build a relationship with them.

Good Benefits

Company offers good benefits packages to managers, and above average packages for reps, uncapped commission makes good option for people who love to work hard

Productive day, involving a lot of conversations.

A normal day at work starts with checking the information that Bell provides, doing the checklists and normal tidying up your store. Customers walk in with their issues with bills and or phones. Getting them the best product that fits their needs. Happy workplace, diversity.

You learn valuable skills, but prepare to work.

Bell is not a bad company to work for. The culture is strong, the organization is well structured, and there is definitely a specific person/place for any concern. In the right region, you will have great opportunities for advancement. And if you’re lucky, you’ll have a manager who is invested in your development. On the negative side, the base salary for all positions is very low—plan your budget around this. The variable pay (commissions, manager bonuses called “SIP”) can be extremely lucrative, but hard to achieve. If you excel and beat your targets, you will double your salary easily. But if you merely attain your targets, or don’t make them, be prepared for a financial reality check. In addition, opportunities for advancement are very much limited to Ontario/Quebec. The other regions are dominated by people who have settled in for life. Advancement outside of central Canada only occurs when someone dies or retires, and then watch out—the whole company structure will change rapidly as the talented clamber for promotions. Lastly, the company structure for sales attainment is centred around a dying model—home services, or “BRS”. This is the end all and be all of sales targets. You make the most money, but are constantly fighting for the same customers who left Bell 3-4 months ago for a better deal. If you are the type of person that can de-escalate an angry customer, you will do well. Internally, support for employees is phenomenal. The benefits package is unreal and no one can beat it. However, you will learn to dread any phone call to “customer service” or our -

Pros

Lucrative bonus/commission structure, strong organizational culture and structure, and regional opportunities for advancement

Cons

Long hours, bad work/life balance, low base pay, toxic customer support culture, and limited opportunities for advancement if you live outside Ontario/Quebec

Good company values, not practiced in workplace

I really have nothing to say about them at the moment, I was laid off by bell and not impressed with the upper management teams in my region. Lots of culture issues in this area

Jobs at Bell

Store Manager positions
See more jobs

Love my retail job

great place to work at retail . love my job , learned a lot of sales skills and leadership skills hard part when its slow and no sales the most enjoyable part is to meet with clients

Pros

love it

Cons

work life balance

Great company to work for

Very exciting and fast moving industry with lots of opportunities to move around. Great for people wanting to get into the fast paced industry of wireless.

They were very structured organization at the retail level which allowed for the management staff to openly sales methodologies and the success between teams. Thought leadership.

5 year employee

Zero work life balance, extreme stress and pressure from head office in regards to sales and metrics. They do not care about their employees at all and are consistently causing an overwhelming amount of stress and anxiety for employees. Had higher up employees from head office belittle me and make me feel worthless. I would not recommend working for this company at all

Pros

Free cell phone

Cons

Stress. No work life balance.

Pretty good place to work

cool gadgets and nerdy team mates. can't go wrong. We sold plans and contracts and accessories. Managers were easy to get along with although not the best sellers.

Do not

Terrible place to work. Management breathes down your neck and provides unrealistic targets, then gets mad when targets aren't hit. Not paid enough commission compared to any other sales job.

Our goal in customer service and store standards

Managing an environment means you must be responsible for the well being of every individual that enters your location. As a manager we are always teaching our staff to take ownership and know the product to be able to sell it to there best ability.

Pros

100% support

Cons

hourly wage and commision

Productive environment to work with

Bell is a good company to work with especially they take a lot of care about their employees and customers as well. Management seems to be the hardest part on this job.

Great company with a great culture

Amazing company to work for. Hands down one of the greatest cultures in the wireless industry, there is an overwhelming amount of confidence and pride within this company. Working with Bell has taught me a lot about the future of wireless, but also has helped me focus on my own career goals within the company. Bell promotes internal growth which is something I haven’t gotten from my previous wireless employers.

Work-life balance needs to be improved for store managers

Working over 40 hours a week shouldn't be allowed but as a bell store manager I found myself doing just that in order to keep up with operational and sales goals.

Pros

High commission

Cons

Overworked and low salary for managers

First class employer, awesome culture, good compensation, great place to work and progress

most enjoyable was the culture, the teamwork, the winning attitude and the supportive leadership, not to mention the recognition and the ability to have fun in your job! Great people all around the company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bell. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3Job security/advancement