Here to help

Bell Employee Reviews for Sales Consultant

Sales Consultant74 reviews
Canada74 reviews
Featured review
Bell selected this as a representative review
Productive place to work with great people. Great benefits and culture. Great support to expand knowledge and skills of the job. Many people end up staying long term.
No job security but a good cultural environment. People are nice and helpful. Some managers are just amazing, really good mentors. This company supports diversity big time. HRs are supportive too but overall the company is probably going down that you never know when they might lay you off.
Pros
Good culture, good people, good commission and benefits structure
Cons
Low job security, not much growth opportunity, don't keep fake hopes of getting somewhere even after achieving good numbers at sales
Bell will provide you with all training you need and the managements are very supportive with you. you will have every opportunity to grow and learn. i liked bell very much.
Fun environment, but no Job security, also pay is not great. Typical call center work ethic. Good to place work if you are new to Canada. But not long term.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
But no Job security, also pay is not great.
I did not enjoy working for this company. Reaching your targets every month is stressful. I was warned about this job but did not listen. You'll feel pressured to be someone you are not. They should be ashamed of the personal improvement program. Putting an employee on this program before they have been working a
half a year is extremely unfair it put unnecessary stress on me
Bell is a great place to work and make money if someone workes at Sales Dept. But now lot's of option for the customers to lookup with Bell. Company should do something for Field Sales people because it's very hard to get 1 sale from door to door. And it's very hard job and people don't trust them, disrespecte the Bell rep.
Thanks
While this was my entry into the customer service field and I am grateful to the manager who hired me, I never felt like I was looking out for the customer's best interests. I was informed to not disclose certain things in contracts and other slightly shady things to try and get as much out of the customer as possible and I never felt comfortable doing that.
The manager is way too target focused. He forced us to lie to the customers in order to get more sales. There is no job security. Store Manager is always the one who started the internal conflict. Store manager tried his best to please the regional manager.
The management treats you like a commodity and not a person.. there is no work life balance.. and the co workers are extremely competitive.. the management people act like scavengers.. just hungry for money.. and expect you to be dishonest to meet targets. Would never like to work here again!
If you're willing to devote your time while at work and not at work, the benefits can be good along with the payout. There is constant overturn of employees and the company expects a lot out of their employees. There are always incentives and prizes to be won, in return for your soul. The company culture is good and there is almost a family mentality among reps which is good.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Bell?
As this was my first sales job, I learned a lot on the job and eventually I became good at what I do and I can that with confidence now. I am really good at what I do.
In my point of view, working as a sales consultant at Bell is perfect as it has a good and safe environment. Also I love talking to people. I believe it is really fun.
The Monday meetings are killing everyone. from 12:00 to 2:30, endless target settings and pep talks. I do like the people I am working with, everyone is willing to help one another, the management is quit awesome if you don't consider just how much pressure both management and sales reps are under.
Learned everything I know about sales,signing and going over contracts,setting up devices/phone plans. Management is great. It is slow at times though
Pros
Discounts in store and on phone plans, comission
Cons
slow traffic at times
I learned a lot about sales culture in the telecommunications industry. It was a good job with decent perks. Great as a part-time job since it was located in a shopping mall.
Cons
Far from my place of residence.
Great band, carries vast majority of product line and services across the country, management is good, pay is good for nee comers and freshers. They look for machines, not you.
Fun place to work, lots of pressure though however. Certain locations will have sales targets so incredibly high you will be relocated for not being a superstar even though you are meeting your target
It is a door to door gig.

If you've had experiences with job similar to this, I can tell you it is one of the best jobs of its kind. If you have no experience with door to door, all I could tell you is that it takes a particular type of endurance but if you are good at it, you can enjoy it and make a good amount of money.
It is a busy workplace with always something to do, I learnt how to multi task and help clients get what they came for and more. A lot of customers come in stores, mostly to complain, however I was able to soothe them over and do as much as I am capable to do to aid them.
Pros
Always busy
Cons
No breaks
A good place to work. The compensation is good and the job security is there. There is a lot to learn and it is a fun job. You can advance if you are a good performer.
good place to work at with many friendly people and great skills to learn from everyday with new challenges, you get to face many problems with peoples devices and help them solve it with the knowledge you have been provided.