Here to help

Bell Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Customer Service Representative181 reviews
Canada181 reviews
Featured review
Bell selected this as a representative review
Productive place to work with great people. Great benefits and culture. Great support to expand knowledge and skills of the job. Many people end up staying long term.
I was hired as a customer service rep when I started at Bell. The customer service training was fantastic and I have taken those skills on to other positions. It was later merged with the sales dept. That's when things went downhill. Sales took presidence over service. Quotas had to be reached or you were fired. It didn't matter what the customer wanted.
Gained a lot of experience working for Bell Canada. Lots of opportunity for movement within the company. Wonderful managers, colleagues, friendships. Excellent wages and benefits. Enjoyed my time working there.
I have learned many skills especially selling techniques and tactics from my seniors. I loved the culture and people. Amazing relocation every week. Lot of spiffs, surprises, dinners over wins.
Answer calls all day, pretty fast paced depending on your department. Management was pretty good, co-workers were the highlight of the job. Your stats are heavily monitored. You will be yelled at constantly by customers, patience and thick skin is necessary. Not enough tools to deal with angry customers right away.
Good benefits.
Staying with a company for over 30 years provided many opportunities for learning several different jobs but the main focus was customer service. The rapport gained with regular customers was probably the most enjoyable part of job and I can't really say that there were too many difficulties as training was exceptional.
ie take care of the bill , take care of telephone, take care or TV program and tech issues etc etc. the reason why nobody is happy with bell. Just connecting calls to another agent does not make the perfect call. For Bell it is fulfilling the quota and the percentage.
They have a good work culture, you work a lot but have fun too. You do have customers who can be tough, but there is good support from the managers to help you.
Pros
Team lunches
Cons
Hard work and long hours
My overall experience was very positive, they ensured that we were up to date with training, lots of support, excellent benefits. Management was approachable most of the time. I found it a pleasant environment to work in.
Fast paced and fun filled environment. Always busy, great environment for those willing to learn and show willingness to go above and beyond, advancement is always possible as all promotions come from within.
Pros
great management
Cons
unflexible hours
Don't waste your time. Management go out of their way to try and belittle and bully you. Over 50% of staff are on stress leave and are forced to return due to corporate bullying tactics.
The model of addiction etiology that best describes why people become addicted and how effectively to help them, is to start educating those who have not been exposed to addiction epidemic and focus more to those who are suffering from addiction already.
For instance, most people used to think if you share the same bottle of water with someone who is HIV/AIDS positive, you will automatically get infected. But after many years of educating people in school and with the help of other government
I had a good time working there with the people and management but in the end Bell was not for me... I was doing my work and being efficient in doing so
Company hires mostly vendors who they fail to provide adequate training to. The chances of errors and misinformation is extremely high. The company is very demanding of their employees.
Pros
Benefits and good wage.
Cons
Stacked ranking. High pressure to sell. Work life balance is not respected.
Great learning environment that provides goof staff training. Good opportunities for advancement from within. Balanced workloads and great benefits and job security.
The training program was good, on hands training. Team work and lots of incentives and commission . Work place well organized and leisure on lunch break.
working for bell was a wonderful experience. my manager was amazing and so was my team that i worked with. everyday was a new challenge and thats what i enjoyed most
Bell is a Great place to work with great staff and has very good environment. Management is great they understand your needs and will help you to succeed
worked in unsupervised environment was rreally fun working here.
The Manger was motivating and helpful .Enjoyed every bit of my work here .My first job ever .
This was call center environment, where employee were rated on their sales. The job was selling and up selling products. the time was spent interacting with customers over the phone or if you were catering to business's most of the communication was don't on line.
The company is great to work for ! You get a chance to meet a lot of greet people and customers

If you are technically sound this is where you want to be
Pros
Meeting new people learning new things