Bell

Bell Employee Reviews in Vancouver, BC

Vancouver, BC64 reviews

Found 64 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,463 reviews
canadasaletargetmobilitycentrealiantcommissiontelecommunication

Productive place to work with great people.

Featured review

Bell selected this as a representative review
Productive place to work with great people. Great benefits and culture. Great support to expand knowledge and skills of the job. Many people end up staying long term.

Good

Good company to work with . Have some great benefits plus commission . But commission is now always on time .Good company to gain the experience in telecommunications and customer service centric environment .

Insights into Bell

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Overall satisfaction

Terrible company/ Avoid!

Horrible company, management are just bunch of bone head that never change or admit their decision is wrong. Annual review is a joke, its all about how hard to suck up to them during the year. Also dont use the service this company provide, its much more expensive than its competitors.

Decent company but cut throat business from other competitors

Always need to be engaging with customers and maintaining relationships. Take your eye off the ball and the competition will swoop in.Good people to work with and as long as you;re working hard, you have flexibility throughout the day

Terrible company/ Avoid!

productive and fun workplace

At my store, everyone is really supportive. The team at my store was really helpful and it was good to work with them. The hardest part for me working at this store was getting traffic to the store.

Useful Stepping Stone, Unethical Practices

Worked at Bell for approximately three years in five locations. The corporate training was useful to learn effective sales techniques, but once I returned to the store, I was encouraged by managers to find sneaky ways to gain more activations, all in the name of “discovering hidden needs”. Sales reps were rewarded for high performance without regard to how they got there. Worst of all, one of my managers was racist towards me (I’m a visible minority) and received no consequence. Not even a warning. The regional manager, HR, and headquarters turned a blind eye, presumably because he was a Tier A manager in a successful branch. If you want to work in a healthy, moral environment, consider elsewhere.

Easy going

It was an easy going once if you’re a talker. Just be friendly with the managers and you will be fine. Training is provided so the job itself was very easy. You have to meet your goals but even than very flexible

Pros

Relaxed environment

Cons

Need to suck up to the managers

Must be adaptable to constant change

With ever changing technology and management reorganization working at Bell you must be comfortable and adaptable to change and learning how to use new software and technology

Normal and as expected retail job.

The job was very repetitive, lots of standing around and looking at your phone. Often forced to sell to friends and families. Recommended for a stepping stone not for a career path.

Productive, Fun Corporate Fulfillment Team (BC)

A typical day could be busy and highly stressful especially on quarter and month-end. But it was manageable because I belonged to a supportive and collaborative team.

Very friendly environment with lots of support

My overall experience was very positive, they ensured that we were up to date with training, lots of support, excellent benefits. Management was approachable most of the time. I found it a pleasant environment to work in.

Excellent Work/Life Balance

I really enjoyed my career at Bell as it gave me excellent work/life balance. The most I enjoyed was flexible work hours, managers helped out during my travel to other countries as a Volunteer. The base salary initially was low but they made it up to par with in-market sales salaries. The commission structure was excellent. I loved and enjoyed the benefits including the RRSP, extended health, and dental coverage, Bell share matching by the company, life insurance and so on. The one thing which I think needed improvement was that taking the vacation was mandatory and even during vacations and sick days your targets were valid and had to be accomplished before or upon return,

Na

The work environment is very bad and there are unrealistic targets given to agents to achieve. The management has no focus on employee retention and satisfaction. My team was reduced from 27 members to 3 members as employees left the company due to constant and unrealistic work pressure. However, the management pushed the 3 individuals to complete the entire workload of 27 members, and also meeting deadlines. Unfortunately, it was impossible for anyone to achieve and over the last 1 year, the team has not met its performance targets.

Fun working place

I enjoyed working with Bell, since the employees were fun, and they did not take themselves that serious. Also they want to make sure you have fun as well.

High Pressure/Potential reward

Good benefits and pay, however constant pressure to perform Company expects employees to want to advance, not looking for employees wanting to do their job without wanting to move up

xx

Great company to work for. Training was readily offered. Fair salary and bonuses. Many opportunities for advancement. Work life balance was adequate..

Not recommended

Worked at the Source as a Bell representative. Hard to sell bell TV to customers who comes to the source wanting either phones or gadgets. Pay is low as well.

Low on employee engagement

Below industry standard pay and doesnot welcome new ideas. Management needs to understand engage employees at all levels. Good for personal growth and teaches you conflict management

Bell is a great employer but not anymore in the West

Bell Mobility is a wonderful company with great benefits and amazing people. It is now shrinking down to bare bones out here in the Western region. There is no new hiring since the last 3+ years and no growth opportunity for existing employees.

Pros

Good Benefits, Amazing people

Cons

No growth opportunity

Was great, now going down hill

Pros: - Solid work-life balance - Good benefits - Amazing people Cons: - No growth opportunity - Outsource everyone so less jobs - Employee is just a number Lost many people for the same reason (see above) yet upper management does not care, just hire more filipino reps

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bell. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement