Bell logo
Happiness score is 51 out of 100Below average

Bell Employee Reviews in St. John's, NL

Found 14 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,458 reviews

Over worked and uninspiring

Bell claims to have many opportunities for advancement but that seems to only be for those outside of their retail stores and certainly not for employees in more rural areas.

Good temporary job

Bell is a good temporary job but nothing more. As the ladder of management climbs the less help & support you receive. Pay isn't nearly enough for the work load and customer blow back you receive. In the current status the RM of Bell Atlantic is abusing their rights and causing extreme physical and emotional stress to all managers and representatives. Bell has also made working with Covid difficult and we're more and more exposed to getting it with every new rule.

Pros

Full time pay with part time hours.

Cons

Management, Pay, Work Load

This was the best coop job I could have asked for.

Pay was great. I learned a lot of incredibly useful skills. My boss was amazing. Experience may vary depending on if your boss is as amazing. The schedule was flexible as long as your work is completed. Team was very supportive and we had meetings each week via phone. The people were very nice and I loved the environment.

You'll get paid, but it's soul crushing

The benefits were good (I worked there before they got rid of the free cell phone line for employees) and the pay was alright if you knew anything about sales, but maybe one of the worst jobs I've ever had. They talk a lot about the sales people being crucial and important, but are quick to remind you that you can replaced at the drop of a hat. Some stores the staff will try and steal your sales and they will force you to cold call people to sell stuff. You'll be encouraged to work through your breaks because time on the floor means more chance for a sale and sales targets are constantly raised regardless of circumstances. One time they sent an email from my work account to the government so they could pressure them into keeping their monopoly then signed my name to it.

Pros

Some good benefits

Cons

A company that doesn't care about you in the slightest

I worked under the Bell umbrella for thirty years in various capacities. It was a great company to work for. You are expected to show up and work and I don't have issue with that. I would advise friend and family to apply with Bell.

Very productive and good team spirit

Working on IT Projects as a Sr . Business Analyst . A typical day for me was getting requirements from business , documenting the requiments and getting signoff , testing , documenting Release notes , determining what was going in the next release , identifying bugs , retesting bug fixes . Meeting timeslines and staying within budget . The most enjoyable part of the job was having a project implement without any bugs . The hardest part of the job was selecting what needed to be tested to fit the timeline. Loved learning new areas and processes .

Pros

Celebrations after each implementation

Cons

Late night cutovers

Only a corporate mindset now, employees are just numbers

Bell has changed so much over the years. Extremely hard to work for now with zero acknowledgement of a job well done. Go out of their way to negatively coach employees. Some fear based, almost feel like bullying. Company is so contradictory on how they are a "spokesman" for mental health awareness but yet they cause more sickness in their own company its shocking. Management are afraid to stand up to senior managers and try to make sure they hire "yes men/woman" so everyone just complies with decisions are made. So no managers will ever fight for their employees as they are afraid of being blacklisted or losing their jobs. Would never recommend someone work there.

Great company to work for.

My Review summary of tis company was a great company to work for my co workers were great people very easy to get along with a typical day at work would be plan a route go to the company sites do the work that was required. 15 min break in the morning then lunch head to other sites do the work that was required the work consisted of painting and cleaning up brush the hours was 8-4:30 Mon-Fri. I learned about leadership team management and important skills such as being on time.

Cons

Very Poor company to work for.

A company focused on squeezing the maximum from individuals in the short-term. High turnover and not for the long-term career hunter. Unreasonable expectations of early starts and late finishes with very poorly coordinated support from incompetent management. Ineffective training from inexperienced individuals far too focused on buzz-words and the quick 'sale and run' than any genuine customer focus. Good money can be made by the sharp-minded but only at the expense of a personal life and without any real regard for the customer's true needs.

great workplace

I worked with Bell Aliant for 29 years and retired in December 2016. I enjoyed my work there, the people were great. The company offered a retirement package and I applied and didn't expect to get it but i did, therefore I had no choice but retire. It was a high demanding position with dispatching technicians for offshore, troubles with major companies across Newfoundland & Labrador.

Jobs at Bell

in St. John's, NL
See more jobs

Face-paced, high energy environment.

Customer service focused position. Getting customers, determining needs, building solutions and closing the sales. Each new customer provides opportunities to build whole new connections.

Productive but very stresstful

My typical day at Bell involved managing IT projects. I would have to develop project plans (with the assistance of my team members), and then ensure that the tasks are assigned to team members with the right skills and follow through with getting them completed on budget and on time. On a weekly basis develop status reports and make presentation to upper management on its overall progress. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with my colleagues who were very supportive in getting the project completed. There was a lot of red tape but again with a company of this size, it was to be expected. Overall, I enjoyed working at Bell but have to say that it is a very stressful workplace especially with the restructuring that would happen from day to day.

Pros

Benefits, good colleagues

Cons

Expectations

Ok

No real issues working here. If you find the right position you will be happy. Some issues with management as they are very numbers/sales driver and micromange

employee with Bell Aliant in Newfoundland

Garbage, been here so long now im stuck here because of my pension to be . The pay sucks , the company sucks. I have a three year electronics engineering course completed, im a tech with Bell Aliant. my son is a labourer no education, he does better money wise than I do. Shareholders and managers get paid well with Bell not the Unionized employees..

Pros

I work in my hometwon

Cons

they pay garbage wages, and havent gotten a good unionized contract for 10 years now.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bell. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3Job security/advancement