Bell

Bell Employee Reviews in North York, ON

Found 20 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,409 reviews

Productive and Cooperative work Place

i am really happy to work in Bell. The working environment is excellent . Everyone is very helpful and friendly They trained before giving ant task. The company is updated with latest technology, this is great place to learn.

the most stressful retail experience

A lot of my colleagues ended up on mental leave or with counselling. A lot of them (myself included) quit due to pressure and stress. They passive agressively intimidate you by putting you on "improvement" programs, which are basically punitive programs with threat of termination left and right and they congratulate you for being on this program as if they are doing you a favour. And you can't complain to anyone because you won't have any proof. What are you going to say in your complaint? "the company has put me on improvement program?" You will be laughed out. But only you and BELL knows what's really going on in that "improvement" program. All in all, mental torture for a slightly , SLIGHTLY, more than a minimum wage job. Don't recommend this company to anyone, BY THE WAY, the reason they have this "LET'S TALK" mental awareness program each year, is because ONE OF THEIR EMPLOYEES KILLED THEMSELVES.

Challenging

Challenging work but supportive teams. Relaxed workplace. Area of improvement: Onboarding process, hand-off procedure, documentation, work-life balance (need to encourage more agile friendly workplace. )

Fun. Competitive. Great Team!

Overall a great place to start a career in Sales and Bell offers ample scope to develop within the company. Bell is indeed a great company in terms of Products and as a Employer. The benefits are amazing. Work-Life balance is quite affected when you need to be the constantly getting your numbers, otherwise when you just want to meet the target its pretty balanced.

Pros

Work at your time, Entrepreneurship

fun and relatable work environment

They have a good work culture, you work a lot but have fun too. You do have customers who can be tough, but there is good support from the managers to help you.

Pros

Team lunches

Cons

Hard work and long hours

Team Player

I’m hoping to get a driving job out of Barrie . If the job requires me to drive a company vehicle out of town that’s fine . I have very good knowledge of Toronto and all towns between . I also worked in the Airport in Toronto for 15 years servicing pay phones for bell .

Pros

Easy to navigate

Cons

To many questions at first .

Toxic

Don't waste your time. Management go out of their way to try and belittle and bully you. Over 50% of staff are on stress leave and are forced to return due to corporate bullying tactics.

Fun place to work

This is a fun place to work, however there is heavy focus on sales and operational capacity. You have to think on your feet and always be ready to come up with solutions to problems

Good for startup

Management is horrible. This job is physically and psychologically demanding. You may have to work in rain, snowstorms and other harsh weather but at the end only numbers would matter.

Call Centre is busy, but a good company.

Call Centre was busy but you get to learn a lot with regards to the satellite TV packages during training. Downstairs cafeteria was ok but they had good selection of coffee in the call centre break rooms.

Jobs at Bell

in North York, ON
See more jobs

Great place for entrepreneurs

Advancement with performance. Workplace and culture was professional and innovation was overarching when it came to better performance from management and technology on a shared spectrum. Easy communication between different departments.

I dont remember

I don't remember as I worked there so long ago. But the people were nice and the bosses were cool. Yup that pretty much all that I can remember so yeah.

Pros

na

Cons

na

a good job environment with great people and management

I picked orders on a Raymond reach truck and sometimes on a order picker and loading trucks in shipping or unloading keeping the area clean of debris trying to keep the work place safe for everyone the managers where great people to work with as being a union environment had a lot to do with it. the hardest part of the job was to work with some employees who did not care about safety, the best part of the job was filling in sometimes in a leadership role as being a lead hand when vacation time came around and participating in safety meeting and giving input. also there was a chance to work overtime when it became available

Pros

summertime barbeques and christmas parties

Cons

working in a hot wharehouse in summer

Working direct with Bell as their field sales guy!

Bell was amazing, the managers I had were so helpful, I learned a lot much from them. There are no benefits, but pay was very high. I left to work on my own ventures and finish school.

Pros

High salary, awesome team, base pay for the slow days

Cons

No benefits

A great atmosphere to work in

I received inventory records (eg: telephone systems, telephone sets, and wiring). I would then cost the equipment and time spent of the job against the revenue revenue received and calculate the profit or loss per job. The hardest part of the job was sometimes getting the inventory records from the managers. The most enjoyable part was working as a team.

Pros

Learning cost accounting

Cons

Writing your own reviews

Door to Door, Team based sales

To start the day, I head to my territory, send my GPS co-ordinates, to head office, so that my Manager knows that I'm on field. I then proceed to follow a lead list showing me which houses in the neighborhood qualify for services upgrades. I then speak to the homeowners and try to present our product and all the benefits that go with it. I work with a great sales team, and the manager is really helpful. The hardest part of the job is getting people to give you their time to talk. I do however like actually speaking to them, there is a good chance I will meet and speak to unique families.

Bell Technical solutions

I worked with BTS (bell technical solution) we install service for customer homes. I worked 40 hours a week and company provide a vehicle and tools

Daily and monthly quotas allow for an ambitious person to continuously strive for. I learned the art and importance of customer service and how the front line staff play a huge role to the company as a whole. The hardest part of the job was fulfilling the quotas but it was also the best part for someone who strives under pressure. Amazing co-workers and amazing company who pays well and shows appreciation for their employees.

Pros

Bonuses

Cons

Hearing 'no' more so than 'yes' from clients

horrible workplace

Bell will switch your schedule without warning and will not take into account any appointments or previous engagements that you are committed to. The company is so strict that it is better to call in sick than to be a minute late. The culture in the company is very hostile and discourages any sort of camaraderie.

Pros

Cons

your schedule can change at any time without notice

Harsh KPI at call centre

daily life is gone with the hours that was required to work... all night shifts due to seniority of shifts... kinda ridiculous.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bell. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3Job security/advancement