Bell logo
Bell
Happiness score is 52 out of 100Below average

Bell Employee Reviews in Hamilton, ON

Found 27 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,459 reviews

Fun to meet new people in my job.

I am currently going to different places in the Hamilton, Naigara and Norfolk Area. I meet different customers on daily basis. It is a good time spending and talking with them.

Learning experience

Technicians were great to work with management needs a heck of a lot of work The way BTS runs their system now is ridiculous No matter how hard you work there's always something that Management will yell at you for

Bell canada

Working for Bell was very stressful at times because there was alot of paperwork and making alot of calls aswell as answering many calls. I had to run around the office aswell handing all the finished paperwork to my coworkers

BTS Field ServicesTechnician

Great opportunity to learn new technical skills and interact with the general public by installing and repairing TV, internet & phone services. All tools, equipment and training are provided by the company. Because this is a unionized work place, pay and schedules for new technicians can be challenging. However, this improves in time with advantages afforded to those who have been working for the company longer. All technicians start out as part-time employees put can progress to full-time employment within approximately five years depending on the location and turnover of work place. Bell focuses on the bottom line (making as much money as possible for Bell) which for shareholders is great but for employees and customers can be infuriating. Continual "micro- managing" is in place, with technicians being monitored in every aspect of the job with GPS is installed in every work vehicle and monitoring of almost anything that can be monitored. Technicians are expected to adhere to impossible targets relating to the installation time allocated for each job which can sometimes result in poorly installed jobs or jobs not completed at all, depending on the experience and integrity of the technician performing the task. Technicians are sometimes forced to seek assistance from overseas call centres and are expected to wait on hold indefinitely with an agent who may not necessarily speak or understand the Canadian English language (which for a leading communications company is absurd). Organization between departments can be frustrating with the left hand not knowing what the right hand -

Pros

Good pay. Company provided vehicle, tools & equipment.

Cons

Physically demanding. Can take years to advance.

Good for a long time career, not for anything else

work days go by very easy, got paid training for everything I needed for the job, management is okay depends on who you're dealing with, the hardest part is working in extreme conditions with no compensations, the most enjoyable part is getting to be your own boss (in a way)

Terrible work life balance. Management treats you only as a number and statistic

Work life balance is non existent. Schedule is not set and you can be called in with 12 hours notice. Making plans ahead of time is nearly impossible. The managers are only about getting as many jobs done as quickly as possible. Essentially, if you run into problems on a job, do not expect anyone to be understanding as to why it is taking you longer. Management expects you to stay past the end of your scheduled shift if a job is not finished before then. They are not legally allowed to force you to stay, however if you do leave your manager will find a way to come down on you in some other way regardless of if you have actually stayed to help on other occasions. The job itself is easy. The worst part is dealing with the weather; extreme cold and hot. Sometimes customers can be hard to handle. You are entering customers homes so this comes with good and bad. Some times you may come across very dirty or crowded homes. As well as the occasional drug addict, but you do have the right to refuse the job or call to have someone stay with you while you are there. There were regular raises. $1 per roughly 6 months worked up to a cap but this does not outweigh the cons of the job. Benefits are okay. Not great and not awful. Overall this job should only be taken if in dire need of money and with no intention of staying long term. I was there for 4 years and it was very taxing some days. It also causes a strain on family life as most shifts you will be working until 9pm or later and you will work every weekend and most if not every holiday.

Pros

Generally left alone to do your work

Cons

Long hours. No set schedule. Management and efficiency system creates a very toxic work environment

Sales oriented Pressure Cooker

I was responsible for leadership and team building duties, head of warranty department, shipping & receiving manager and sales leader in the sale of cellular, cable, internet and home phone packages.

Poor work life balance and no family time

No work life balance and working during weekends is a must. Unionized but the new hires don’t even given the union reps contact details nor employee handbooks. Management is abusive and no respect given to field technicians. Poor employee retaining and 90% of the new hires left within 3 months of hire.

Pros

Hours are guaranteed

Cons

Have to work outdoors, weekend work must, ladders, pole climbing must

Bell Technical Solutions

Unionized work environment. Visiting members of the community in their homes to supply TV, internet and phone services. Unsociable hours especially when first starting career but good opportunity for overtime. Overall a good company to work for.

Excellent job for those with no social life.

Typical day entails driving a randomly assigned vehicle to a customer's house and fixing their problem with little to no assistance. Strong problem solving skills required. Weather is often uncomfortable. Management is .... not great. Their primary concern is numbers as your numbers reflect on their bonuses, so be prepared for a high stress environment. For the first 5 years you will work every single weekend and evening shift. Forced overtime makes having a family life difficult. With minimum wage at $14/h, the pay is quite poor for the first 5 years for what you have to endure.

Pros

On your own for the most part.

Cons

Everything else.

Jobs at Bell

in Hamilton, ON
See more jobs

great working in the outdoors

Loved working in the outdoors. Had great success at doing piece work. Really enjoyed the various crews I worked with...great family! I didn't like the temporary job status with young children,and no commitment from the company lead me to seek employment elsewhere.

Relaxed environment

Great employees to work with. Various job opportunities. Never a dull moment. Relaxed environment. Sales oriented. Had nice perks and commission.

Fun workplace

Helps to build customer service skills, also team oriented so you're not stuck in a cubicle for an entire shift. Allows you to speak with co-workers while working.

fun office to work in

Great company and products, the mangagement wasn't the greatest or most caring though, the job was to help with customer needs and wants and sell products like cable, internet and home phones

Great place to work with minimal job requirements

If you decided not to pursue post secondary education and have no other passion/opportunity to pursue, then this is a great job. The bonuses can be good enough plus the base pay was $12.5 (circa 2016). This job will teach you some important sales/persuasion skills which can be used in many other scenarios/settings, additionally, you will have considerably improved communication and small talk skills if you do the job right. Everyone is really friendly and the work environment is great. Management is superb! Doesn't get any better if you ask me. The hardest part is the repetitiveness. I couldn't stand it after some time. But that was also the best part because some days I was half asleep and I could literally be fantasizing about my upcoming vacation and still complete the job with no trouble.

Pros

Bonuses just do what they teach you

Cons

Random hours you won't always have the weekend off.

Amazing people to work with, very stressful costumer service job.

S.P. Data (Bell campaign) was a very high stress job, that centred mostly around costumers bills complaints. It did however give me great de-escalating skills and coping skills, which helped me to move forward to a manager position. It was also a very sales driven job that I gained great experience from as well. The incentive program at times were great, but changed quite frequently which made it difficult to make targeted goals. The people that I worked with in our call centre environment were great at supporting each other with stressful days so it helped to manage the day.

Pros

Great experience both as CSR, and Manager.

Cons

High stress job, with sometimes very difficult costumers.

Pilot Project Residential Specialist

In this Job, I was offered a pilot project. It was a new role they wanted to operate in a certain neighborhood. A typical day would consist of me marketing for new clients and taking care of existing. The management was not very knowledgeable as they had no prior understanding to this role. The hardest part was to come up with solutions for the job. Unfortunately in the three months, the project didn't survive the required budget and I was asked to move on as it wasn't sustainable in that neighborhood. In the end I learned some skill set through this job that was applied to my next.

Pros

Coming up with and implementing market campaigns

Cons

Difficult neighborhood to sustain a project like this

Very enjoyable

Bell Canada offers good jobs; Good hours and plenty of hours available if needed for anybody. Great work environment with great staff and customers.

Pros

colleagues

Cons

Office closed

Great people and great work environment

I worked plenty of hours but didn't mind because the commissions were good and I was surrounded by likeminded people. It was close to home and I also was able to learn about new innovative products regarding internet and television packages.

Nice place to work

Fast paced environment. A place where we worked really hard to reach the goal and target of the company and a place where we trusted each other to get things done

Pros

Room for Advancement

Cons

Flexible

Postive Energetic Professional work environemnt with fabulous employee incentives

- A typical day at work would be spent out on the floor interacting with my team. IE coaching , mentoring, keeping the floor motivated to meet or exceed the goals for the day and making sure that we have fun doing so. Administrative stuff was mostly done first thing on arrival to the office and just before leaving to ensure time was spent with the team - I worked with a great group of managers. We were very supportive of each other and our teams. We were all very motivated and driven individuals who thrived on being on top. We worked separately yet together. Our success or failures were measured collectively as we seen ourselves as one big team. During our time at Bell Canada were one of their small satellite office and were one of the most successful sites. We had the opportunity to run our site on our own for almost a year and we still managed to be on top without having any senior management. -What I learned is that you are only as successful as the people you have working for you. That everyone contributes to the teams success. - The hardest part of the job was the corporate red type that we needed to go through to implement changes as this process could be very lengthy sometimes. - The most enjoyable part of my job is watching an agent grow and develop and eventually move on to bigger and better things. - Management at Bell always had an open door policy which was nice. They were always willing to hear any new ideas or suggestions to improve the business. When we had meetings they were fun yet y productive and informative. Everyone always left feeling -

Pros

Great Incentives

Cons

Tons of e-mails daily

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bell. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3Job security/advancement