BELL Employee Reviews

Opportunity to make good commish but at whos expence
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 February 2018
Was hired as a so called Business Development Manager for MDU.( Apartments) and was told I would be making relationships with property managers and landlords. As I started in the role, it was clear all they wanted was for me to sneak into apartments and knock on as many doors before I got chased out by either security or the landlord. Was given tips on how to buzz the intercom of random tenants and what to say so they would let me into the building. Pretty sure that's trespassing.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list.
Great place to start working
Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 February 2018
BTS was a great experience for me since it was one of my first jobs. Management was always supporting and pushing you to do more. You would talk to customers on a daily basis.
Pros
Independent
Cons
Have to work in the cold
Good Place to Work
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON12 February 2018
Bell is a great company to work for. However with minimum wage going up- hours have been cut.
The manager is kind and is willing to work with you with scheduling. This job has taught me a lot about customer relations and how to calm a disgruntled customer.
Pros
great people to work with/for
Cons
not enough hours
My first real job.
Clerk 7 Order Control (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 February 2018
A great place to work and learn new skills. Managers always encouraged to learn new things and don't hesitate to advance someone who is willing to transfer to another department or province.
Opportunity to advance within the organization
B2B Sales/PBX/Direct Marketing Representative (Former Employee) –  Multiple sites in GTA11 February 2018
Bell offered excellent product training and many opportunities to grow within departments or to migrate over to other aspiring positions as allowed by collective agreements..
Productive and good benefits
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 February 2018
Have work life balance, work time flexible, good employee benefits, great on side restaurants, has GYM. Bad thing is management keep changing and restructuring.
ok
Summer Student Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 February 2018
Bad Trainer
Boring and unrealistic tasks given
Bad Pay rate and worst of all they put into the field alone even with little training, Seems like an amazing workplac but it really isnt
Great Job Culture
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 February 2018
This is a high sales target role. You will be give a individual monthly sales target as well as a group target. you will be reviewed weekly. if you are comfortable ins sales then you will get by with a breeze. there is a lot of irate customers so this position is also focused on customer service as well.
Slow and plodding
Management (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 February 2018
Bell is trying to transition from old school corporate bureaucracy to nimble and agile but few people there actually know how to accomplish that so it's a slow transition. There is little focus on or funds for individual employee development, it's all en masse covering the topics they have a legal responsibility to provide - health and safety, environment, finance, ethics etc.
Pros
Well paid
Cons
Lackluster direction, politics
Great career
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 February 2018
37years of a wonderful career. Worked with wonderful people over the years. Truly a top company to work for.
Lots of opportunities for advancement.
Good place to learn and work at your pace.
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 February 2018
Good place for those who can use their hands to work. It is place where you are encouraged to be your best. It could be difficult working at height and carrying ladder but if you have the strength you can overcome.
bell
Control Centre Associate/Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 February 2018
Bell is a decent place to work if you are full time you get benefits and good pay however once retired you loose your benefits and they don't often re class to full time.
Mauvais management
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 January 2018
Management qui pousse à agir de façon non éthique pour atteindre les objectifs de vente. Ressources humaines qui appuient le management et n'écoutent pas les employés.
Cons
Management, horaires de travail, Rh, etc.
Wonderful people make a great work environment
Senior Financial Analyst (Contract)) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 January 2018
My stay at Bell Canada was wonderful.
The perks were great pay was on time.
Lunches and all necessities were inside the building so we seldom had to go out.
Pros
wonderful place to work
Great sales/ people experience
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB31 January 2018
I learned how to sell different products to a variety of different clients. The culture itself was relaxed and very easy going which was nice. The most enjoyable part of the job was speaking to old and new clients.
Wonderful work / life balance with a challenging position
ENVIRONMENT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON30 January 2018
Wonderful work / life balance with a challenging position. I throughly enjoy working for this company. The management is career oriented and team oriented.
Fun place to work
Administrative Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC29 January 2018
I enjoyed my experience working with Bell, since I got to make new friends. My supervisor was very funny. Whenever we had meetings, my supervisor makes it entertaining by telling funny stories.
Pros
Making friends
Cons
Not enough work sometimes
Imagine a slave cotton picking field
Field Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 January 2018
No work life balance, you practically go home to sleep to resume back to the cotton field the next 6 hours. You are expected to complete a job within an unreasonable stipulated time including the drive time. You can't plan ahead, you can be forced to work even on a day off, no weekend off, no family time.

The slave masters are called managers, whose major goal is to make sure their numbers looks right. For this kind of job that involves many risks and yet no health benefit until you work 5+ years to qualify for it.
Quality and quaitity of job done is comparatively low to job pay.
Pros
Equips you with experience
Cons
Not worth it!
Our goal in customer service and store standards
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Sackville, NB29 January 2018
Managing an environment means you must be responsible for the well being of every individual that enters your location. As a manager we are always teaching our staff to take ownership and know the product to be able to sell it to there best ability.
Pros
100% support
Cons
hourly wage and commision
Meeting encourageant, motivation, sentiment d'appartenance, valorisation
Directeur des comptes (Former Employee) –  Sherbrooke, QC29 January 2018
L'environnement de travail est tres bien .
Meeting encourageant et repas payer. Le sentiment d'appartenance a l'entreprise est vraiment valorisation.Beaucoup de cadeau pour encourager les employer a mieux produire .