Bell Employee Reviews

Found 1,518 reviews matching the search See all 1,590 reviews
Not the same
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 August 2018
I would rather not comment. Bell started off as great company to work for. The payouts and working conditions were not the same as the years went on. However I met some great people while I was there who have become like family.
Pros
Health & Dental
Interesting job
Field Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 August 2018
We worked directly under Bell (OLS), they were strict with rules so it was hard to do anything unethical. We got constantly trained to the company never gets sued.
Problem was the neighbourhoods they put us in HATED bell or sometimes Rogers would be able to offer more for less.
Work life balance is tough cause this job felt like it up 66% of your whole week
Pay is decent, especially the commission but thats if you make sales
Management is interesting because thiers barely any issues but people do feel like management doesn't tell you everything
Winter was rough cause you barely got any sales and the weather was terrible
It's an interesting job and great experience with a big company
Pros
co-workers, culture, whatsapp, work phone, work ipad, training, bell accessories
Cons
no paid lunches, short lunches, terrible areas, weather, no work life balance, long hours, advancement
travail physique
Technicien (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC8 August 2018
faut pouvoir travailler durant l'hiver dans des conditions de froid extrême.
Horrible
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Miramichi, NB7 August 2018
As a former employee I would not recommend working there to my worst enemy. They want you to lie to customers and only care about bringing in new people and not their loyal customers. Upper management does nothing but cause headaches and talks about people and talks to people like they are beneath them. I’d like to have some of that Bell let’s talk money for my mental health that deteriorated after working there. Always found a way to deny you a raise and thought it was ok if people only had one day off a month.
Pros
Absolutely none
Cons
No raises even if you perform above and beyond, no room to advance, upper management holds grudges, will not give you time off, threats on a daily basis, everything about this employer is a con
Mauvais management
Directrice de comptes (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC6 August 2018
Ayant deja travailler pour bell et OSL je ne recommande aucunement cette entreprise.
Garde leurs employés un maximum de 6 mois .
Gros roulement .
Renvoyer sans aucune raison disans que je ne correspondait plus au profil rechercher après 6mois.
Bref , j’avais l’impression d’être dans une entreprise pyramidale , c’est une entreprise bizzare avec beaucoup de mensonges .
Salaire inexact
Pros
Bon salaire
Productive fun job if you like a challenge
Technician (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON3 August 2018
Great people and workplace culture training teaches you everything you need to know before you get out in the field. The hardest part of the job is your first few days on your own then gets much better.
Pros
Indepedently working
Cons
Longer hours
Productive and fun place
Sr. Oracle DBA (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 July 2018
I liked working at bell.It is nice to part of experience person around you.Liked to work as a team player.Good technology.Very old company with name and repute
Toxic & Terrible Management
Business Development Consultant (Former Employee) –  Don Mills, ON31 July 2018
• Management expects you to know how to do many things when it has never been taught, and once caught, they put you down as though you should have known this from the get-go.

• Management does not go out of your way to help you, and basically treat you like you are a number instead of a human being. (e.g. I have worked in events where there was no AC and/or a washroom, no follow up from them)

• The team is great but everyone is always tired and almost depressed at times because of how work treats everyone. It turns the team very toxic and at times there are altercations as well.

• This job is NOT for those that have families, unless desperate.
Pros
Non-supervision work shifts
Cons
Stressful, Poor Management, Not helpful when needed
Great work/life balance
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC29 July 2018
What I liked most working at Bell is the ability to balance my family life and my job responsibilities.
Managers understand well that employees have family and you never going to be stared at if you leave a little earlier or work from home some days.
Pros
Ability to work from home if needed
Cons
Corporate politics
productive and lots of opportunities
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 July 2018
Bell is a big company and indeed helped me in getting into it. everyone is present there to help you out. you dont have to think that you are new in workplace.
Decent place
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 July 2018
I had a decent time here. The work can be interesting. But despite the snazzy offices, the culture is still split between very old school (residential services), and more hip (at mobility). There is definitely a very corporate feel to everything.
not for everyone
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON27 July 2018
Long days,
2 non guaranteed off days which they always call me in for so I was working 6 days a week

Not much interaction with other technicians or employees

Horrible place to work if you have a family.. I found that out the hard way
Pros
freedom and lots of overtime. benefits
Cons
everything else
Great hours and great colleagues
Logistics Technician I (LTI) (Former Employee) –  Newfoundland and Labrador26 July 2018
Bell Aliant had flexible schedules and employee appreciation was on going. Everbody, in all departments, were friendly and helpful. Staff got discounts and there were company BBQ's as well as monthly safety meetings.
Pros
Employee appreciation and great working hours
Cons
During my time there i was unsure, every 6 months, if i would be kept on. Started out there as temporary casual.30
Great place to work in.
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS26 July 2018
All i can say is that i really enjoyed my position here. It was fun and the management is excellent, the work hours are flexible and generally good. Management people are easily approachable. Peers are great and i love interacting with customers which i can do here.
Pros
Fruit distribution once a month
Very flexible
Cable Technician, Field agent (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON25 July 2018
Through my years with bell I've had amazing management experiences. I've been given so many opportunities within my area but when trying to apply to other positions within the company it seems very impossible to achieve. Overall an "okay" company to work for.
Pros
Very laid back environment
Cons
Low wages, hire outside personnel before current employees
Union environment
Telecommunications Tech/DZ driver (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON24 July 2018
Not a good place for a free thinker. Union mentality, you have to follow the union way, anything outside of that is trouble for you. Multiple layoffs and call backs due to seasonal surges and slowdowns of work. Not a lot of stability with this employer.
Good environment
Business Technician (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 July 2018
a typical day is dealing and trouble shooting with clients, customers or other internal department. Doing digital testing for voice and data circuits.
Pros
hands on
Cons
travel
Bell Canada
Loyalty Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 July 2018
Great Company was in Contract position for 6 months not much to say.

Typical call centre taking customer calls, assisting with tech concerns liaising with Field Tech to resolve customer concern.

Retain customers by recommending products and services related to Individual customer needs
Pros
Great Team and work enviorment
Cons
shifts to accomidated diffrent time zones in Canada
Nice place to work with good people and great benefits
Network Technician (Current Employee) –  Verdun, QC17 July 2018
A solid company to work for that will provide an excellent background in telecom/media culture, branding, marketing, customer service and many other channels that you might be interested in. Even if you don’t work in each of these disciplines, you will learn some amount of what they are about just by talking to people, asking questions and going the extra mile for the clients.
Pros
Gym, cafeteria and daycare on site (nuns island campus)
Cons
Lack of sales and project management accountability.
Easy going job.
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 July 2018
Bell Technicial solutions is a nice company to work. All benefits and good salary. But Need to work Individually.Customer service and planning of the job are the major skills to complete the job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bell. Our community is ready to answer.