BELL MEDIA Employee Reviews

Driven by share price
Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 March 2019
All business strategies and decisions are made on the basis of how they will affect the share price.
Execs are compensated with shares and that is clearly reflected in the short term thinking.
Terrible company to work for
System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 March 2019
Bottom dollar is all they care about. If you want to be a number then go work there. Absolutely no benefit to working here, dead end jobs. The 35% discount they give you is a joke considering you have to put up with their terrible customer service.
Pros
location is great only if you work downtown
Cons
Too many managers, they dont care about their employees
Great Company lack employee development
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 February 2019
Bell Media is a great company however they lack employee development, most internal jobs are given to people they know rather than look for ideal candidates who posses the required skill set.
Assembly line
Creative Writer (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC3 February 2019
Bell has no consideration for their employees. They are only concerned about their bottom line, it creates high stress, low morale and a lower quality product. Who wants to work hard when you're just a number? You do just enough.
The previous companies provided a far superior work environment
Declining business model means constant downsizing
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Toronto11 January 2019
Challenging business as viewership is on a constant decline and Bell is very focussed on delivering shareholder value on a quarterly basis. With no real company growth, In order to make the numbers there is constant downsizing; there were three major series of lay-offs in 2018. Everyone is doing the job of three people, and there is almost no room for advancement. When a position becomes available, that job is eliminated and work divided up. Pay and benefits are very good, and there is decent work life balance outside of production. Zero job security.
Pros
Salary, work life balance
Cons
Career Advancement
A unique and diverse company
Sales Operations Instructor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 December 2018
Bell media is extremely diverse and has a wide range of talent. Tons of room to grow, and excel, if you're willing to work for it. I've met some great leaders and co workers in my time at Bell Media.
Productive and Fun workplace
Marketing & Community Relations Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 December 2018
Good workplace but very bad management . Not very good leadership in the department that I work in.
The people that work there are very nice, great environment in that regard.
Radio Producer/Host
Producer/Host (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 December 2018
In coordinating with multiple people to produce a daily sports talk show, I was able to problem solve, work under a deadline, and communicate with others to ensure we were making the best possible content, every single day.
An environment built on entertainment
SR COMMERCIAL PRODUCER (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 December 2018
When it's your job to entertain the masses, the office is typically loud, and full of laughter. The team here is professional and yet always know how to make light of any situation.

Corporate mandated the team cut corners and I was let go as a result. the workload is ok. When it rains, it pours and it just wasn't raining enough to stay.
Pros
Amazing tight knit team members
Cons
Work was divided between members and I wasn't given enough
Management disengaged from staff
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON7 December 2018
Management were disengaged, had little understanding of what staff actually did during the day, and asked staff to perform tasks above their knowledge level, with little direction or tutelage. Bell's policy is seemingly to keep staff on rolling temporary contracts until they find someone cheaper.

The work is uncomplicated and repetitive, but that is the nature of it. The hardest part of the job was being asked to do things above my training when necessary, with no alternative except that they get done.
Cons
Scarborough campus far from downtown core

Want to know more about BELL MEDIA?

Ask a question
Staff were great
Director National Sales (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 November 2018
- Management is unengaged with day to day
- Long hours with little reconizition from upper management
- Broadcast medium is suffering due to the changing landscape
Pros
People
Entreprise solide
Directeur - opérations techniques (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC25 September 2018
Un entreprise bien connue, offrant une large gamme de produits de pointes, offrant plusieurs opportunités d'emploi.
A typical Canadian Enterprise
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 August 2018
People are extremely nice. However, there is not much willingness to improve. If you are into developing your career, this is not a place to work. But if you are generally happy with the status quo, this place can be great.
Teamwork makes the dream work!
Wellness Expert - CTV's "The Social" (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 August 2018
In the 3 years I have been an expert on CTV's The Social, I have had not a one complaint. The team of incredible women and men are a well oiled machine, thoughtful, professional and a dream to work with!
Good work environment
Law Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 May 2018
A great place to work. They try to retain their own talent. Lots of different activities are always going on that you can participate in. But there is a lot bureaucracy.
Amazing company with diverse and friendly staff
Production Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 May 2018
Amazing company with diverse and friendly staff. I have only worked for them freelance as a production assistant on film sets so I don't get to spend a lot of time in the office.
Nice place to work
Monteur vidéo (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC27 April 2018
Have worked 3 and a half years. Good place. Get reasonable pay. Good benefits. They don't ask you to trade your outside life to work with them which is very good. They care about your improvement. You have quarterly and yearly reviews so there's definitely possibilities for advancement.
Pros
Good benefits and they care to help you improve
Cons
Big companies sometimes restructures and your job get shaved - sadly
Good people
Project Consultant (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 February 2018
The staff are knowledgeable and work hard. They are in a shrinking business environment as streaming services start to take over. many people worried about stability
Too bad my career ended
Producer (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC6 February 2018
Loved my job and was dedicated to it with over 30 years of experience. Once you reach a certain age in my division, you are dismissed. After excellent performance appraisals, I feel I was dismissed because of my age, my salary, and the benefits I received. My direct boss "abolished" my position but I was immediately replaced within a few weeks with a younger colleague. This is happening more and more in many companies. It is all about bottom line and the employee it disregarded. It has become a challenge to find work at my age and with the specific set skills I acquired over my career.
Pros
Lifestyle, colleagues, the job
Cons
management!!! Good with the medium, but terrible at managing people.
Proactive and fun workplace
Promo Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON11 January 2018
it was an honor to work with Bell Media especially that it was my first job i Canada i loved t everyone was welcoming and nice people if i had the chance i'll defiantly work with them again. my manger was really awesome and easy going all my cow-workers were amazing can't say more i loved it .
Pros
Free Lunch

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BELL MEDIA. Our community is ready to answer.