BELL MEDIA Employee Reviews

Amazing company with diverse and friendly staff
Production Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 May 2018
Amazing company with diverse and friendly staff. I have only worked for them freelance as a production assistant on film sets so I don't get to spend a lot of time in the office.
Good people
Project Consultant (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 February 2018
The staff are knowledgeable and work hard. They are in a shrinking business environment as streaming services start to take over. many people worried about stability
Too bad my career ended
Producer (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC6 February 2018
Loved my job and was dedicated to it with over 30 years of experience. Once you reach a certain age in my division, you are dismissed. After excellent performance appraisals, I feel I was dismissed because of my age, my salary, and the benefits I received. My direct boss "abolished" my position but I was immediately replaced within a few weeks with a younger colleague. This is happening more and more in many companies. It is all about bottom line and the employee it disregarded. It has become a challenge to find work at my age and with the specific set skills I acquired over my career.
Pros
Lifestyle, colleagues, the job
Cons
management!!! Good with the medium, but terrible at managing people.
Proactive and fun workplace
Promo Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON11 January 2018
it was an honor to work with Bell Media especially that it was my first job i Canada i loved t everyone was welcoming and nice people if i had the chance i'll defiantly work with them again. my manger was really awesome and easy going all my cow-workers were amazing can't say more i loved it .
Pros
Free Lunch
Cool company, great people
Marketing Intern- TSN (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 January 2018
nicest people ever. Opportunity to work with various departments. Relaxed environment, with no one micromanaging. A little hard to get to without a car, but it's not that big of a deal. Still ttc accessible
Pros
friendly culture, meaningful work
Best Employer
Consultant/ Sr. Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 December 2017
Extremely good employer. Takes care of the employee morale, has a professional work atmosphere, allows and appreciates creativity. A wonderful place to work at.
TMN review
Senior Broadcast Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 August 2017
shift work, on-call duties, varying tasks and assignments, daily interaction with supported departments, high-paced working environment, close access to Go Train and transit
nice job good variety of media tasks
Creative Producer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 July 2017
Very creative, lots of variety of projects and tasks to do, i.e. shooting, editing, directing and writing. Great for someone with a lot of skills and who likes a lot of change in the media field. You are always doing something different, e.g. selecting music, working in various motion graphics programs and editing a lot of the time.
Amazing
Promotion Street Team Member (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON10 June 2017
The staff is wonderful. Always willing to help when you need it and thanks to Bell Media I have learned a lot in the few months I have been working here.
if you have ambition, go elsewhere
Designer/Lead (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 June 2017
If you're looking to punch a clock, disengage from your work, and count the days until you're packaged out from a large institution, this is where you'll want to go.

No growth potential, poor management, and detrimental work practises.

If you're under the age of 30 - stay at max a year, then leave. You will never be promoted or grow within the company.
Pros
Most positions can be done by shutting off your brain entirely
Cons
Its a boys club. If you're a female, chances are you'll be used in a coordinators role, because only men are allowed to have ideas
Laid back environment; not much meddling from upper managment
Traffic (Former Employee) –  London, ON1 June 2017
Relaxed work environment, allowed to work at our own pace. Due to the nature of television, some days offered more downtime than others, some days busy and stressful. Time management was very important, as well as a great attention to detail. Mental health maintenance was very important.
Cold and Corporate Environment.
Morning Show Co-Host-CHOM FM (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC23 May 2017
I was laid off from a successful Morning Show due to budget cuts. We went 2 years without a PD or a leader of any kind. We were not given the tools to succeed but our team found a way despite that. My Morning Show Team were like family and I was grateful to be part of it.
Pros
The CHOM staff
Cons
It is a productive and a fun place to work.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB11 February 2017
I had a great time working with Bell Media. Everybody was so nice, my team was awesome. Working for Bell Media taught me so much that I use in my everyday life.
Pros
Cheaper Phone Bills
Engaging and fast-paced
CJAD INTERN (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC8 February 2017
This internship provided me with a lot of opportunity to learn and grow in the world of radio. I met and worked with incredible people and the internship provided me with the full experience of radio.
Pros
Great experience and networking opportunities
Cons
Early hours
Long hours with unpaid overtime
CTV National News Staff (Current Employee) –  Agincourt, ON22 January 2017
CTV doesn't pay their national news reporters or producers overtime. They instituted a "Double Day" or "Sixteen Hour Rule" that requires us to work 16 hours in one day (yes you read that right, in one day!) before receiving ANY OT. Management don't seem to think they are doing something illegal by violating the Canada Labour Code.

The company doesn't care about work-life balance. Expects staff to work long hours without pay and be on call 24 hours a day.
Pros
Rewarding Journalism, Good audience reach, Flexible vacation days, Bell savings plan
Cons
Long unpaid hours, No overtime, Poor management, Managers scream and yell
Brand Ambassador
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC4 January 2017
Grabbing necessary equipment to load into brand vehicle. Setting up at the event and promoting contests and engaging with people once you are set up. Towards the end of the shift you create a social media album on Facebook and pack up equipment, head back to the office and write an evaluation about the shift.
on a micro level it is great but on a giant corporate level Bell Media is cold and heartless
Videographer/editor/ENG technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 December 2016
I worked for them for a few years. I moved cities for a better position and was let go in layoffs 4 months later. They did not inform me layoffs would happen prior to my move. heartless
Chaotic, Understaffed, Lack of Vision

-Lack of recognition
-Little mobility
-Competitive
-Yearly reorganizations
-Unrealistic deadlines in understaffed departments
-Digital department struggling to be recognized in TV company
Pros
Coworkers, Employee Savings program, Bell Stock Purchasing Program
Cons
Lack of leadership, Constant Reorganization, Overworked employees
Wonderful coworkers... zero job security
Worker (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON16 October 2016
-No job security
-Management has gone from great, to good, to mediocre.
-Dying market
-Communication between management and staff on the decline
-Co-workers are wonderful
-Learn a lot from the people you work with
-Very accommodating hours
Stable but low paying.
Creative Writer (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON11 October 2016
Bell Media is a stable, corporate workplace. Great team atmosphere, great co-workers and a fun environment. That said, Bell Media is very reluctant to offer raises. And yearly raises are minimal.
Pros
Fun/dynamic work environment.
Cons
Low pay.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BELL MEDIA. Our community is ready to answer.