Bell Media Inc. Employee Reviews

Mal gérée
Coordonnateur aux ventes web (Former Employee) –  montreal21 September 2016
C'est des petites groupe et si tu ne rentre pas dans leur moule tu n’évolueras jamais
Pros
rien
Cons
toute
Sièges éjectables
Animateur, Producteur Surnuméraire (Current Employee) –  Drummondville, QC13 September 2016
Malheureusement, les coupures et la nature subjective de l'emploi font qu'il n'y a peu de débouchés avec cet entreprise
Growth, Fun, Opportunities
NATIONAL SALES COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 September 2016
Great company to work for, lots of opportunities for growth, great people to learn from - lots of fun as well. Great mix of work/life balance and great vacation time.
Productive and fun place to volunteer
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON31 August 2016
It's fun place to volunteer. You get experience behind the scenes on set. It's easy to get along with the crew members (directors, etc...) The hours may be long but you get rewarded in experience. I wish there were more workshops to learn pre-production and production process.
Pros
Experience in behind the scenes, learn new things
Cons
Long hours, not enough workshops
Good management and decent teams
Technical QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 August 2016
- Good management
- Decent team dynamic
- Promotes ownership and individuality, as much as team work
- There is still room for growth and areas of improvement to be utilized overall
Good creative team
Designer/Illustrator (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON17 July 2016
Design work for CTV News is good on many levels, it allows for creativity, and pushes limits, and a very informative crew, and being informed about the various happenings all over the world from a journalistic point of view make it really interesting.
Pros
Good creative team
Cons
Lcation
Very stressfull environment.
Technical Director in Television (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 July 2016
- Barely any time to get ready to get on the air
- To many hours live on the air with no breaks
- Management not very well trained
- Good and very helpful co-workers
Pros
Good salary and benifits.
Cons
Long hours and barely any breaks.
Environnement Agréable
Producteur audio (Former Employee) –  Quebec City, QC28 June 2016
Équipe de travail dynamique et joyeuse
Les taches et les responsabilités sont claires
good employees
VTR Operator (Current Employee) –  toronto21 May 2016
hard working, competent workers. not a lot of room for advancement. Too many cut backs within the company leaves job security a worry for most
Bon employeur, peu de chance de grandir au sein de l'entreprise
ANIMATEUR DU MATIN WEEKEND, AGENT DE PROMOTION (Former Employee) –  Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, QC29 April 2016
Travail "sur un siège éjectable".
Beaucoup de compressions budgétaire, menant à la fatigue du personnel restant.
Soutiens continu pour le développement des employés.
Pros
Excellent programme pour les employés
Cons
Emplois précaires
Great team and fun environment
TSN Sales (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON11 April 2016
A typical day would include sending out of various couriers to several different agencies (tickets, document, merchandise), answering phones for the Sales Department for Sales Reps that had stepped away from their desk, arrange for meeting for several Reps, filing of contracts, order Grand and Toy supplies for Sales Department.
Bottom line, bottom line, bottom line.
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 March 2016
The people of the company don't mean much to the board as long as they hit EBITA.
Company doesn't look at individual success, they look at their staff as numbers and when numbers need to be removed, anyone's number can come up. Terrible environment to be apart of. Life draining.
Pros
Pay is reasonable
Cons
Poor culture, work life balance, poor upper management. No direction, lead by fear and favourtism.
Overall a fun and exciting experience
Promotional Street Team Member (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 February 2016
I worked for Bell Media for about a year and a half, I loved the diversity of the jobs and events I was sent to as it never got boring. I was able to meet lots of people and make connections career and personal life wise. Some shifts were extrememly long and others were sometimes lonely, but one thing I could never complain about is my coworkers and management. Everyone was friendly, positive and always eager to help out in any way possible.
Pros
Meeting bands before their shows, free access to venues and events (i.e. free Chasing Summer wrist bands for when we were off shift)
Cons
Some long and lonely shifts, having to deal with overly intoxicated people at some events (although I never felt unsafe)
Aspect agréable du poste
Agente de promotion (Current Employee) –  Sherbrooke, QC24 February 2016
Nous travaillons sans vraiment dire que c'est un travail, car nous travaillons à faire des activités et à amuser les gens, ce qui rend le poste un vrai plaisir.
Very enjoyable place to work with friendly staff
Social Media Coordinator and On-Air Talent (Former Employee) –  London, ON22 February 2016
I was learning something new everyday at the station. I would constantly be shown new ways to convey messages, and became more confident in my abilities. My co-workers always treated me well and made me feel part of a team. The long hours were tough some days, but I enjoyed every minute of it. Meeting so many new people and making them happy, whether it was handing out prizes or doing live events, it was a thrill to meet new people everyday.
Pros
Being on air and going to fun events
Radio/television company
Promotions Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON4 February 2016
Working for Bell Media is great. I got to learn a lot while being on the promotions team.

The management and the co-workers are great. They are there to help you grow as a person
Fun workplace with many great experiences
Board Operator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 January 2016
A typical day of work at NewsTalk involved board operating, which includes running on-air advertisements, operating microphones for on-air talent, and editing shows so they can be posted online as a podcast.

I learned a lot from NewsTalk, including how run and produce on-air content while the show was happening live as well as off-air, how to book guests through their publicists, and how to screen calls.

Management was great at NewsTalk! They were always respectful, professional, personable, and always willing to listen whenever I had ideas. Nothing but good things to say about them.

My co-workers were also great! Along with being respectful, professional, and personable, they were fun to be around because of their different personalities and excellent work-ethic.

The hardest part of my job was the constant high-volume of traffic. When working for a talk radio station much of the work you do involves organizing and preparation, whether that be preparing our studios for hosts/guests, or assuring that guests were properly booked and have arrived on time.

The most enjoyable part of my job at NewsTalk was that I was always meeting new people. There were always new guests on the many shows NewsTalk has, and the guests would range anywhere from politicians, musicians, and doctors, to business owners, sports athletes, and actors.
Pros
Great people, opportunities for advancement, constant opportunities to learn new things, free lunches, many free products.
Cons
Inconsistent work hours.
Lots to do, great people, good salary, no advancements
Director / Senior Manager, User Experience (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 January 2016
I worked in a very small team. There is not a lot of advancement but salary and benefits are good and I was surrounded by great people who cared about the company and the job they did. There is not a lot of mandatory learning, so you learn by doing new things and signing up for learning. There was a lot of opportunities to learn.
Avis
Manager Opérations Media, Inventaire Numérique (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC29 December 2015
C'est une bonne entreprise qui dispose d'un bon environnement de travail.
Good environment for self-starters.
Director of Digital Business and Partnerships (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 December 2015
As with any large media company, there is a significant level of disruption occurring in the industry, which impacts the work environment.

Depending on the department, there can be a variety of exciting brands, shows, sites and projects to work on.

For those prepared to work hard, work diplomatically with others, and take initiative, positive results can be experienced.