Bell Media Inc. Employee Reviews

great place to work
Account Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fort St. John, BC31 May 2017
great place to work, must be able too sell, sell,sell
you must also be able too handle rejection. if not than this is not the position you should be applying for.
Looking forward to starting a your day with such wonderful people.
Payroll Administrator - Specialist (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON28 May 2017
When entering the building I was greeted with welcoming salutations. Began to work the moment we arrived to our desk. Since we were very busy had little communication unless work related. Meaning, head down to complete tasks at hand. Loved my job, loved the people I worked with. Job was insecure because company was bought and corporate office at another location and did not offer to transfer instead restructured out. This seem to be the best decision for all parties involved. I was honored to be part of this organization. Giving employees and upper management time to mingle is an asset as well when working I feel the best approach was an open concept. Nice to know you can feel confident to approach your executive level of manager.
Pros
Able to spend time with each other within social gathering to lighten the atomsphere.
Cons
Not having the tools or support to do the job adequately can be frustrating.
Cold and Corporate Environment.
Morning Show Co-Host-CHOM FM (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC23 May 2017
I was laid off from a successful Morning Show due to budget cuts. We went 2 years without a PD or a leader of any kind. We were not given the tools to succeed but our team found a way despite that. My Morning Show Team were like family and I was grateful to be part of it.
Pros
The CHOM staff
Good work environment
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 May 2017
Good work environment, hard to move up in the organization. Culture is good but can be cliquey and old school mentality. Perks can be good but pay isn't industry standard.
Pros
Good work life balance
Cons
Can't move up
Business oriented
Live Event/Reconciliaton Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 April 2017
Business oriented.
Friendly people to work with in company.
Buildings have places inside to grab a lunch from.
Opportunity to take courses related to field of work.
The Best Media Team in Vancouver
ENG Video Editor (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC14 March 2017
I absolutely loved working for CTV Bell Media in Vancouver BC.
The team there is excellent and very professional. Everyone works very efficiently to ensure the highest quality broadcast.
Pros
Location, Team, Benefits
CTV Vancouver was a fun place to work with many great passionate people.
Ingest/Master Control/tape/playback operator (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC19 February 2017
It seemed as though there was often new things to learn at CTV with all of the technology advancements. There was a genuine team atmosphere with all people striving to be the best.
Pros
Lots of down time between newscasts.
Cons
Very early start times when working the morning show.
It is a productive and a fun place to work.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB11 February 2017
I had a great time working with Bell Media. Everybody was so nice, my team was awesome. Working for Bell Media taught me so much that I use in my everyday life.
Pros
Cheaper Phone Bills
Cons
Bell is an innovative and competitive telecommunications company.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 February 2017
Working in the laid back Engineering department, was fun. Had a great manager, who communicated the business and departments expectation in order to be a successful support system to the campus.
Responsibility for project forecasting and completion of purchase order and order logistics.
Being the go-to person for all administrative tasks, made me feel part of the team.
The company provided access to software that allowed career development and provided great benefits to ensure work/home balance.
Pros
Great manager, laid back work environment, Team environment with self-directed tasks.
Cons
Promotion within the Department were not position
Engaging and fast-paced
CJAD INTERN (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC8 February 2017
This internship provided me with a lot of opportunity to learn and grow in the world of radio. I met and worked with incredible people and the internship provided me with the full experience of radio.
Pros
Great experience and networking opportunities
Cons
Early hours
Long hours with unpaid overtime
CTV National News Staff (Current Employee) –  Agincourt, ON22 January 2017
CTV doesn't pay their national news reporters or producers overtime. They instituted a "Double Day" or "Sixteen Hour Rule" that requires us to work 16 hours in one day (yes you read that right, in one day!) before receiving ANY OT. Management don't seem to think they are doing something illegal by violating the Canada Labour Code.

The company doesn't care about work-life balance. Expects staff to work long hours without pay and be on call 24 hours a day.
Pros
Rewarding Journalism, Good audience reach, Flexible vacation days, Bell savings plan
Cons
Long unpaid hours, No overtime, Poor management, Managers scream and yell
Independent Contractor
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 January 2017
As and independent contractor at Bell Media you can pitch projects to the producers, and if they approve they will provide you with equipment and personnel in order to fulfil the project. Pay depends on the length of your project. Pay is generally low and it takes a while to be processed.
Pros
Creativity, Emerging Artist Experience
Cons
Low, unreliable pay
Work hard - play hardworking environment
Director National Sales (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 January 2017
Work hard play hard working environment. Great team with plenty of room for juniors to grow their careers. Team focus environment.
Pros
Career growth for juniors
Cons
Bonus structure / compensation needs to be reevaluated
Brand Ambassador
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC4 January 2017
Grabbing necessary equipment to load into brand vehicle. Setting up at the event and promoting contests and engaging with people once you are set up. Towards the end of the shift you create a social media album on Facebook and pack up equipment, head back to the office and write an evaluation about the shift.
on a micro level it is great but on a giant corporate level Bell Media is cold and heartless
Videographer/editor/ENG technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 December 2016
I worked for them for a few years. I moved cities for a better position and was let go in layoffs 4 months later. They did not inform me layoffs would happen prior to my move. heartless
Great environment, nice rounded people, results driven.
Content Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 November 2016
If you can keep the pace BellMedia is a good company.
They payed well and benefits were great for the family.
Nice people and I made quite a few friends within the company.
Low on the "Work/Life" balance because at least for me wasn't a fair split as more time was spent in the commute and being at the office so be prepared to be very dedicated to the job. If you find a good position within the company and are happy to find something you like doing the projects you will manage will be exciting and changing.
Might still be there if I didn't want more time with my family.
Pros
exciting challange and you get to work with smart people
Cons
More work than life balance
Chaotic, Understaffed, Lack of Vision

-Lack of recognition
-Little mobility
-Competitive
-Yearly reorganizations
-Unrealistic deadlines in understaffed departments
-Digital department struggling to be recognized in TV company
Pros
Coworkers, Employee Savings program, Bell Stock Purchasing Program
Cons
Lack of leadership, Constant Reorganization, Overworked employees
Wonderful coworkers... zero job security
Worker (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON16 October 2016
-No job security
-Management has gone from great, to good, to mediocre.
-Dying market
-Communication between management and staff on the decline
-Co-workers are wonderful
-Learn a lot from the people you work with
-Very accommodating hours
Stable but low paying.
Creative Writer (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON11 October 2016
Bell Media is a stable, corporate workplace. Great team atmosphere, great co-workers and a fun environment. That said, Bell Media is very reluctant to offer raises. And yearly raises are minimal.
Pros
Fun/dynamic work environment.
Cons
Low pay.
My co-workers
Content and Rights Management Operator (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON3 October 2016
While working at Bell Media the people that I worked with were very nice and open to teaching me different aspects of the job. They were willing to give me training in a wide variety of department.
Pros
Free Lunches