Bell Media Inc. Employee Reviews

Bonnes conditions de travail
Chargée de comptes clients ventes nationales (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC7 May 2018
Bons avantages sociaux
Bon salaire
près des transports en commun
Amazing company with diverse and friendly staff
Production Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 May 2018
Amazing company with diverse and friendly staff. I have only worked for them freelance as a production assistant on film sets so I don't get to spend a lot of time in the office.
Nice place to work
Monteur vidéo (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC27 April 2018
Have worked 3 and a half years. Good place. Get reasonable pay. Good benefits. They don't ask you to trade your outside life to work with them which is very good. They care about your improvement. You have quarterly and yearly reviews so there's definitely possibilities for advancement.
Pros
Good benefits and they care to help you improve
Cons
Big companies sometimes restructures and your job get shaved - sadly
Good people
Project Consultant (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 February 2018
The staff are knowledgeable and work hard. They are in a shrinking business environment as streaming services start to take over. many people worried about stability
Too bad my career ended
Producer (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC6 February 2018
Loved my job and was dedicated to it with over 30 years of experience. Once you reach a certain age in my division, you are dismissed. After excellent performance appraisals, I feel I was dismissed because of my age, my salary, and the benefits I received. My direct boss "abolished" my position but I was immediately replaced within a few weeks with a younger colleague. This is happening more and more in many companies. It is all about bottom line and the employee it disregarded. It has become a challenge to find work at my age and with the specific set skills I acquired over my career.
Pros
Lifestyle, colleagues, the job
Cons
management!!! Good with the medium, but terrible at managing people.
Proactive and fun workplace
Promo Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON11 January 2018
it was an honor to work with Bell Media especially that it was my first job i Canada i loved t everyone was welcoming and nice people if i had the chance i'll defiantly work with them again. my manger was really awesome and easy going all my cow-workers were amazing can't say more i loved it .
Pros
Free Lunch
Ok place to work for a while
Promotions supervisor, creative producer (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON7 January 2018
No raise in 5 years, no stability and a lack of direction with where to progress. There were a lot of cutbacks and firings before I ultimately left. People who'd been there for 25+ years were let go and on their last day all they got were some pizzas for lunch, no drinks, the bosses weren't even there to say thanks and goodbye. They also got new carpeting installed as workers were clearing out their personal items due to "the company cutting costs". I'm sure new carpets are more important than their personnel.
Cool company, great people
Marketing Intern- TSN (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 January 2018
nicest people ever. Opportunity to work with various departments. Relaxed environment, with no one micromanaging. A little hard to get to without a car, but it's not that big of a deal. Still ttc accessible
Pros
friendly culture, meaningful work
Best Employer
Consultant/ Sr. Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 December 2017
Extremely good employer. Takes care of the employee morale, has a professional work atmosphere, allows and appreciates creativity. A wonderful place to work at.
Outdated management
Marketing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 December 2017
Very old processes. The management does not want to move ahead with the new systems in the market.
Company fires every now and then and there is no job security
Was a good contract job
Promotions Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON4 December 2017
It was a good contract job. I really don't have much more to say. I wish i was back working in radio media, but sometimes things don't work out. Other than that no complaints.
Pros
good job
Cons
hours were ok
Employee Wellbeing is not taken in consideration
Contract Administrator (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON22 November 2017
After many complains from different employees the manager of our department not only was not sanctioned for her unprofessional behaviour, but she was advanced in the Director position.
Pros
good location
Cons
bad managers
Excellent Employer
SR. REGIONAL HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  London14 November 2017
The workplace culture was excellent really cared about employees and worked on developing excellent staff. Managers were very collaborative and encouraging. Great place to work.
Great Culture, no advancement
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 September 2017
No advancement, no succession plans. There is no recognition given to employees that work really hard,. Culture can be great, somewhat flexible working hours.
TMN review
Senior Broadcast Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 August 2017
shift work, on-call duties, varying tasks and assignments, daily interaction with supported departments, high-paced working environment, close access to Go Train and transit
a good team with great people and great working envrionment
Software QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 July 2017
morning stand-up meeting, testing, communication with people for helping solving the problems, discussing about project such as new coming TV programs, games,or movies ...

great management, lovely workplace culture
Pros
Free coffee, 2 times sport wears purchases with employee discount per year
Cons
each contract can only last maxim 2 years
nice job good variety of media tasks
Creative Producer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 July 2017
Very creative, lots of variety of projects and tasks to do, i.e. shooting, editing, directing and writing. Great for someone with a lot of skills and who likes a lot of change in the media field. You are always doing something different, e.g. selecting music, working in various motion graphics programs and editing a lot of the time.
Convivial et gratifiant
Agente promotionnelle (Former Employee) –  Rougé (44)12 June 2017
Belle expérience pour ma part. Rejoins tous les ages et intérets.
Amazing
Promotion Street Team Member (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON10 June 2017
The staff is wonderful. Always willing to help when you need it and thanks to Bell Media I have learned a lot in the few months I have been working here.
if you have ambition, go elsewhere
Designer/Lead (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 June 2017
If you're looking to punch a clock, disengage from your work, and count the days until you're packaged out from a large institution, this is where you'll want to go.

No growth potential, poor management, and detrimental work practises.

If you're under the age of 30 - stay at max a year, then leave. You will never be promoted or grow within the company.
Pros
Most positions can be done by shutting off your brain entirely
Cons
Its a boys club. If you're a female, chances are you'll be used in a coordinators role, because only men are allowed to have ideas