Bell Media Inc. Employee Reviews

Great company to work for
Senior System Administrator -Infrastructure (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 June 2013
Great company to work for .
Freindly Management and co workers
Very knowledgeable
Good salaries - bad management
Deployment Analyst (Contract) (Current Employee) –  Agincourt20 May 2013
While I enjoy my co-workers, management has no desire to bring anyone on full-time, and chooses to keep people on continually renewed 6month contracts.

Certain employees are prized while others are ignored or shunned by management. They prefer that you work extensive overtime and spread you too thin over work.

Pros
Salary
Cons
Poor Management, Disposable philosophy on employees, no real shot at Full-Time Status - only contractors
When it was ratings time, management informed us of how the station performed and based on that, we would get a bonus sometimes or have a party
Credit Manager, Accounts Receivable (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 January 2013
When I first started working at CHUM, I did not know anything about Accounts Receivables because I had always worked in the Payables Department and that was the most important thing I learned while I was there and they took a chance with me, which I really appreciate.
Working with Sales People every day was really good as these people were really nice and helpful
Sending our emails for collections. Checking credit for new clients, entering cash to the system on a daily basis.
Preparing deposits and taking it to the bank.
Working with management on a daily basis
There was nothing that was difficult because I always worked ahead of time to meet my month-end deadlines
The most enjoyable part of my job was interacting with the staff.
I actually enjoyed working at Bell Media (formerly CHUM Radio) because of the good people who cared a lot about me as a person
Pros
working with really good people
Cons
traveling to downtown every day
Pretty fun internship
Intern (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 December 2012
- come to work and go through a series of daily tasks
- learned how to work in a company
- management was great
- co-workers made the job welcoming
- hardest part of the job was getting work done by a deadline
- most enjoyable part of the job was being creative and working with a great staff and manager
Pros
able to be creative and have fun
Cons
deadlines for work
good group of team members, easy going, fun
National Sales Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, Ontario28 February 2012
Overall, interesting to sell ad space. I enjoy the client relationships. Working in TV can be stressful but also very exciting. Morale is a bit low at the moment and salary not at industry standard is a bit of a downer.
Pros
participation in media events
Cons
salary lower than industry standard for job title, glass ceiling