Bell Media Inc. Employee Reviews

Fun workplace with many great experiences
Board Operator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 January 2016
A typical day of work at NewsTalk involved board operating, which includes running on-air advertisements, operating microphones for on-air talent, and editing shows so they can be posted online as a podcast.

I learned a lot from NewsTalk, including how run and produce on-air content while the show was happening live as well as off-air, how to book guests through their publicists, and how to screen calls.

Management was great at NewsTalk! They were always respectful, professional, personable, and always willing to listen whenever I had ideas. Nothing but good things to say about them.

My co-workers were also great! Along with being respectful, professional, and personable, they were fun to be around because of their different personalities and excellent work-ethic.

The hardest part of my job was the constant high-volume of traffic. When working for a talk radio station much of the work you do involves organizing and preparation, whether that be preparing our studios for hosts/guests, or assuring that guests were properly booked and have arrived on time.

The most enjoyable part of my job at NewsTalk was that I was always meeting new people. There were always new guests on the many shows NewsTalk has, and the guests would range anywhere from politicians, musicians, and doctors, to business owners, sports athletes, and actors.
Pros
Great people, opportunities for advancement, constant opportunities to learn new things, free lunches, many free products.
Cons
Inconsistent work hours.
Lots to do, great people, good salary, no advancements
Director / Senior Manager, User Experience (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 January 2016
I worked in a very small team. There is not a lot of advancement but salary and benefits are good and I was surrounded by great people who cared about the company and the job they did. There is not a lot of mandatory learning, so you learn by doing new things and signing up for learning. There was a lot of opportunities to learn.
Avis
Manager Opérations Media, Inventaire Numérique (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC29 December 2015
C'est une bonne entreprise qui dispose d'un bon environnement de travail.
Good environment for self-starters.
Director of Digital Business and Partnerships (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 December 2015
As with any large media company, there is a significant level of disruption occurring in the industry, which impacts the work environment.

Depending on the department, there can be a variety of exciting brands, shows, sites and projects to work on.

For those prepared to work hard, work diplomatically with others, and take initiative, positive results can be experienced.
Productive, fun workplace. Colleagues are some of the best people I know.
Host (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 November 2015
Fun workplace with supportive management. From the very start, had a hands on approach to the creative process. Many opportunities to take risks and learn from failures. Always felt like management had my best interests in mind.
Pros
flexible work hours, many learning opportunities
Cons
job security
self managing position with a solid support team
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Prince Rupert, BC22 November 2015
The company had a wonderful staff that I connected with immediately, though they had gone through some major changes in Management they still were able to provide the right amount of support. I loved the challenges and creativity I was able to develop in the sales and marketing world and I thoroughly enjoyed networking.
Pros
meeting great clients
Cons
lack of creative freedom
Fast Paced and ever changing Industry
Account Manager/ Kiosk Sales (Current Employee) –  Ottawa/Gatineau20 November 2015
It's a fast paced industry. I love the fact that there's always a challenge! The telecommunications industry is rapidly evolving.
Pros
Good support team
Cons
Long Hours
Belle ambiance de travail
Conseiller Publicitaire (Current Employee) –  Rouyn-noranda, QC17 November 2015
J'adore travailler chez Bell média. Salaire compétitif et il y a plein d'opportunitées de faire évoluer sa carrière.
Large Company
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 October 2015
Large company that is always looking to cut costs. Little chance of advancement or salary recognition for performance. Continued staff cuts made for a very uncomfortable work place.
Pros
Strong benefits - eg pension and stock purchase plan
Cons
Big company - Employees become numbers
Bonne entreprise
Coordonnateur au support, opérations publicitaires (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC5 October 2015
Bonne ambiance de travail.

Les gens sont agréables.

Permet d'apprendre beaucoup de choses.
Great Workplace
Research Intern (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 September 2015
Very supportive and professional work environment. Fantastic work-life balance and benefits. Difficult to advance. Seniority is important and many managers have been with the company for a long time.
Best job so far!
Receptionist/Promotions Assistant (Former Employee) –  Penticton BC17 September 2015
Working for a radio station has been a lot of fun.
The people are great, the vibe is great, unfortunately the pay isn't great. Although, working for a radio station has provided me with a lot of perks. Like passes to go see a movie for free, or a concert for free or the occasional lunch for free. The only reason I chose to leave this job is because there isn't any room for advancement AND I would like to be closer to my family. Working at this radio station has been my favourite job thus far, in my life!
Pros
perks - free movies, concerts, lunches
Cons
no room for advancement
collaborateurs
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON4 August 2015
ambiance familiale,et propice a un travail d’équipe
entreprise fait de son mieux pour accommoder et a motiver ses employés.
great learning experience
Billing Administrator, Accounts Receivable (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 August 2015
Made sure the right commercials went to air. Learned different computer programs, learned a lot about the different channels in the network. Multi task and developed my time management skills
Pros
Always on the go
Cons
benefits not as expected
Used to be enjoyable
Digital Research Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 July 2015
There was a time when the company cared about its employees and made it pleasant to go to work. But once the company got too big, we all just became a number and slowly our 'perks' were taken away.
Pros
Met some really nice people
Cons
All about the mighty dollar
met new people and a fun and enjoyable place to work
Driver (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 June 2015
greet everyone
warm up truck
load truck/unload truck
get paper work ready
make sure gas tank filled
pick up or drop off goods
Pros
free pop by coke
Cons
only 3 month contract
Room for Advancement and Growth
Team oriented and courses offered to keep up with the latest developments within the industry. Management are strong. Co-workers are amazing again working together as a team for the best end result. The most enjoyable part of the job was the team environment and giving back to the community.
Pros
Community Oriented
Cons
Re-structuring
Good work-life balance, variety in my job.
DIGITAL SALES COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Toronto, Ontario14 April 2015
Good work-life balance, I wasn't expected to work late. My current position allows me to work on a variety of projects that are interesting.
Average workplace.
Senior Programmer Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto20 February 2015
Excellent co-workers.
Hard work not always acknowledged.
Less incentives more work.
Some of the managers, manage team in their 'own' way.
Sécurité
AGENTE PROMOTIONNELLE/ANIMATRICE (Former Employee) –  Quebec City, QC18 February 2015
Un milieu où c'est difficile de percer et de rester longtemps. Beaucoup de compétition. Pas de sécurité d'emploi.