Bell Media Inc. Employee Reviews in Toronto, ON

Easy place to work but no advancement
Production Coordinator / Producer / Editor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 September 2019
It was a good place to start when I was fresh out of college but if you want a challenge and advancement look elsewhere. There's executives and entry level not much in between
Pros
Easy work, no challenge, management is too focused on themselves to police the staff
Cons
Zero advancement - I was told directly it's a dead end job, Zero training, toxic environment
Great work-life balance, not great room for growth
Account Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 August 2019
While there are significant benefits to working at Bell (competitive benefits package and vacation time), Bell often pays their employees in experience instead of legitimate compensation.
Pros
"Work Perks" (tickets to concerts, sports events etc.)
Cons
Lack of morale (at least on my team), too many contract positions, general instability/lack of bettering opportunities
Great management team
Senior DBA (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 August 2019
Very interesting work, see back end of TV and online shows.Lots of turnover in my time there but new management team was able to integrate and guide ITteam.
Depends on your team leader
Writer/Producer (Former Employee) –  Toronto21 June 2019
This was a great place to work, except for the days when it wasn't. I think everything depends on your specific manager. If you like the person, respect them, then that is always what helps get the most of the time there.
Good People
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 May 2019
The people make coming to work really enjoyable. No advancement within the company, lots of politics, pay could be better. A very solid line between managers and support staff which is off putting
Driven by share price
Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 March 2019
All business strategies and decisions are made on the basis of how they will affect the share price.
Execs are compensated with shares and that is clearly reflected in the short term thinking.
Terrible company to work for
System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 March 2019
Bottom dollar is all they care about. If you want to be a number then go work there. Absolutely no benefit to working here, dead end jobs. The 35% discount they give you is a joke considering you have to put up with their terrible customer service.
Pros
location is great only if you work downtown
Cons
Too many managers, they dont care about their employees
Great Environment
Technical Solutions Architect (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 March 2019
Bell Media is a great company to work for. The employee benefits are amazing and I love the work life balance. I get to work on cutting edge technology and that is what i love the most about my job here.
Great Company lack employee development
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 February 2019
Bell Media is a great company however they lack employee development, most internal jobs are given to people they know rather than look for ideal candidates who posses the required skill set.
Declining business model means constant downsizing
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Toronto11 January 2019
Challenging business as viewership is on a constant decline and Bell is very focussed on delivering shareholder value on a quarterly basis. With no real company growth, In order to make the numbers there is constant downsizing; there were three major series of lay-offs in 2018. Everyone is doing the job of three people, and there is almost no room for advancement. When a position becomes available, that job is eliminated and work divided up. Pay and benefits are very good, and there is decent work life balance outside of production. Zero job security.
Pros
Salary, work life balance
Cons
Career Advancement
A unique and diverse company
Sales Operations Instructor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 December 2018
Bell media is extremely diverse and has a wide range of talent. Tons of room to grow, and excel, if you're willing to work for it. I've met some great leaders and co workers in my time at Bell Media.
Productive and Fun workplace
Marketing & Community Relations Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 December 2018
Good workplace but very bad management . Not very good leadership in the department that I work in.
The people that work there are very nice, great environment in that regard.
Staff were great
Director National Sales (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 November 2018
- Management is unengaged with day to day
- Long hours with little reconizition from upper management
- Broadcast medium is suffering due to the changing landscape
Pros
People
Productive supportive workplace
Field Director/Segment Producer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 October 2018
I was given a lot of autonomy to pursue stories that mattered to me, and supported to go and produce those stories in the field. Good management, and good workplace culture.
A typical Canadian Enterprise
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 August 2018
People are extremely nice. However, there is not much willingness to improve. If you are into developing your career, this is not a place to work. But if you are generally happy with the status quo, this place can be great.
Gret Job
Freelance Master Control Operator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 August 2018
Probably my favourite job I've had, they were a great company to work for, and had great staff working around you, so you felt comfortable working there.
Teamwork makes the dream work!
Wellness Expert - CTV's "The Social" (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 August 2018
In the 3 years I have been an expert on CTV's The Social, I have had not a one complaint. The team of incredible women and men are a well oiled machine, thoughtful, professional and a dream to work with!
Good work environment
Law Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 May 2018
A great place to work. They try to retain their own talent. Lots of different activities are always going on that you can participate in. But there is a lot bureaucracy.
Amazing company with diverse and friendly staff
Production Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 May 2018
Amazing company with diverse and friendly staff. I have only worked for them freelance as a production assistant on film sets so I don't get to spend a lot of time in the office.
Good people
Project Consultant (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 February 2018
The staff are knowledgeable and work hard. They are in a shrinking business environment as streaming services start to take over. many people worried about stability