Bell Media Inc. Employee Reviews in Scarborough, ON

Technical support
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON30 August 2019
I gained Excellent experience and overall good environment and great learning experience. All team members were quite good and supportive also helpful.
Employee Wellbeing is not taken in consideration
Contract Administrator (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON22 November 2017
After many complains from different employees the manager of our department not only was not sanctioned for her unprofessional behaviour, but she was advanced in the Director position.
Pros
good location
Cons
bad managers
Looking forward to starting a your day with such wonderful people.
Payroll Administrator - Specialist (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON28 May 2017
When entering the building I was greeted with welcoming salutations. Began to work the moment we arrived to our desk. Since we were very busy had little communication unless work related. Meaning, head down to complete tasks at hand. Loved my job, loved the people I worked with. Job was insecure because company was bought and corporate office at another location and did not offer to transfer instead restructured out. This seem to be the best decision for all parties involved. I was honored to be part of this organization. Giving employees and upper management time to mingle is an asset as well when working I feel the best approach was an open concept. Nice to know you can feel confident to approach your executive level of manager.
Pros
Able to spend time with each other within social gathering to lighten the atomsphere.
Cons
Not having the tools or support to do the job adequately can be frustrating.
My co-workers
Content and Rights Management Operator (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON3 October 2016
While working at Bell Media the people that I worked with were very nice and open to teaching me different aspects of the job. They were willing to give me training in a wide variety of department.
Pros
Free Lunches
Good creative team
Designer/Illustrator (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON17 July 2016
Design work for CTV News is good on many levels, it allows for creativity, and pushes limits, and a very informative crew, and being informed about the various happenings all over the world from a journalistic point of view make it really interesting.
Pros
Good creative team
Cons
Lcation
Great team and fun environment
TSN Sales (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON11 April 2016
A typical day would include sending out of various couriers to several different agencies (tickets, document, merchandise), answering phones for the Sales Department for Sales Reps that had stepped away from their desk, arrange for meeting for several Reps, filing of contracts, order Grand and Toy supplies for Sales Department.
Good, helpful employees
Contract Administrator (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON24 September 2014
Preparing contracts and sending them for signature, introducing the information in the database. Had great co-workers, relationship based on mutual respect, unfortunately, like everywhere, there are a few negative people also.
Pros
free coffee and tea
Cons
very strict rules
Productive and enjoyable department to work in
Log Co-ordinator (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, Ontario19 August 2014
Responsible for placing commercials and promos throughout the day for the Specialty stations MuchMusic and MTV2.
Great place to gain experience but may not be a long term play
Digital Manager (Former Employee) –  Scarborough5 November 2013
Fun place to work. Get to see behind the scenes of some of Canada's top TV brands. Very laid back but everyone is worked hard. More of a start up feel legacy from CTV days than the corporate giant that is Bell but that may be starting to change.

Very social bunch of people - lots of bonding. You run into the odd celeb but policy prevents you from engaging them (you could be fired if Bieber complains about you). Downtown location is great - right in the heart of the action on Queen West.

Downsides - No centralization of resources. Each brand does their own thing and probably could save the company money by centralizing some duties especially on the digital side - lots of politics. No direction from senior leadership.
Pros
cool atmosphere
Cons
lacks process, little engagement or insights from SLT on company direction