Bell Media Inc.

Working at Bell Media Inc.: Latest Bell Media Inc. Reviews

Canada170 reviews

mediumradiobalancesalaryteamprojectdepartmentworkplace

Too Corporate

More concerned about shareholders then employees. Very cold atmosphere. Not rewarded for your hard work. There was no sense of appreciation. Not a fun place to work.

I have never worked in such a harsh and rude environment like this.

Maybe not at all the place but in the team where I was, my experience was not that great because people are un-civile, rude, harsh and were not ready to provide support and help. I quit after a month. Environment not healthy and can cause mental health problem.

Benefits

Cons

A lot

Insights into Bell Media Inc.

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction
  • General feeling of work happiness

Fast paced, stressful and toxic work environment

It was a highly stressful environment to work in with little work life balance and very low salaries. The management gaslight you into thinking the position is worth it and that you are making a difference. The management is wholly incompetent and google their way through the job. They set arbitrary goals that don’t make sense because it’s what they saw on a YouTube video. There are managers who don’t have a shred of digital experience but think it’s “fun” to work there. It’s so bizarre

Stressful, demanding, overworked, threats of job loss, a phone company with no idea how to run a media company

I would not recommend working for this company, no matter the job title or salary. BCE and their corporate ideals killed this division. Anyone starting a new position, best of luck, likely you will not be there long.

Management always stressed

Good benefits but management is always stressed. Often have staff turnover.My department did not have a very well-planned onboarding system. However, there is room for advancement if you can hang in.

Benefits

Cons

Profit over people or brand image

Ruthless share holder driven.Staff are means to end and then they toss people aside to increase profit margins.Big blue as its known has no invested loyalty in its staff

Plan for a quick visit only.

Wonderful women who got all joy and creativity sucked out of them on a regular daily basis. If you want to waste years of your life at a company hoping it will get better, to feel terrible about yourself - Bell Media in the Creative Agency is the place for you!Management who never cared about or fought for their people because they were so scared of higher management and loosing their jobs. No one could ever make a decision because they were terrified that it would come back to them. Keep your head down or you will be the next scapegoat....If you were a good employee who just wanted to work and be the best for a company - you got stuck with the jo-jobs so that the so called 'men' (who where a mess) could move up in the company, become senior and make more money than you. Only ever heard the negative without any encouragement what so ever. Made to feel terrible about themselves and just wait to be laid off in November....

No Job Security

Highly toxic work environment. Management played favorites and rules only apply to those not close to managers. They let people go without hesitation or reason. Stay away from this company. Employees are an afterthought.

Pros

Good pay and benefits

Cons

No job security, toxic work environment.

Worst company I have ever worked for in my career.

You are a number only.Every November (we called it layoff month) they fire more people and expect the remaining people to cover the additional work with additional pay. Every year, after bell Media took over, they reduced the commission structure and made it harder to make a decent living....Run away!!!

Pros

The people you work with are great

Cons

Terrible pay No work/life balance. November is Layoff month...every year. No Job security

Not great

Poor work life balance. Poor career advancement. Leader and Director both take advantage of WFH by not working and not being home most of the time during the day.

Pros

Zero oversight

Cons

Long hours with zero appreciation

Good job.

Not too bad for a contract position. It is a good experience and work environment. Nice people and workplace culture. Helpful for future jobs. Should have a better improvement on cash management.

Pros

Good location, nice co-workers

Cons

Boring

Amazing team, but uncreative work

I felt like my creativity was being sucked away, I barely used it at all during work. Upper management was impersonal and I felt like I was just a number there.

Pros

Good Team & Culture

Cons

Long hours, bad work like balance, uncreative work

Avoid Bell

The benefits were decent but the salary was mediocre. Growth opportunities are essentially non existent and Bell would rather hire externally, or they'll just lay you off. Either way, they don't provide much chance for career growth. Upper management have absolutely no vision of how to succeed in the industry, hence the constant layoffs and shutting down of stations.

Pros

Creative work

Cons

No job security, no opportunity for career development

Good Resume Booster

One of Canada’s top multimedia companies - with well-known subsidiary brands. The people were friendly but depending on your department, work may be more monotonous and not as collaborative!

Pros

Fairly relaxed pace, decent work-life balance

Cons

Lay-off threats, not very much room for growth, difficult to get foot in the door

Awesome company

The best company I’ve ever worked for with amazing benefits. They care about you here and you feel like you are part of something greater. I love the team first atmosphere.

Pros

Great pay and benefits

Cons

Backstabbing culture

Bellmedia has been an awesome place to work.

I feel fortunate to work at CTV for Bellmedia. I have had the opportunity to learn the latest technology and work with the best journalists in Vancouver. The television business is constantly going through changes and the job opportunities are not as many as in the past. If you chose television as a career be prepared to be laid off at some point in your career. I was laid off from Bellmedia in 2016 and rehired in 2017 as a freelancer.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Stressful at times.

Good people to work with

There are always people that will give you an ear allowing you to bounce an idea off of, or ask for assistance. The people there were the best. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the number of users that were streaming content with your software.

Great Place to work

It's a great place to work. Nice manager and collegues. Parking is a bit far sometimes if you coming late but it's good for exercise sometimes isn't it?

Excellente école

Avantages Équipe extraordinaire. Culture d'entraide. Moyenne d'âge relativement jeune Inconvénients La progression de carrière semble plus lente qu'ailleurs

A positive enjoyable workplace is overshadowed by higher up bean counters

Cutback throughout the company and overall micromanaging makes workplace culture lower than in the past. Not paying a decent wage for skills required has caused many staff to purse opportunities elsewhere

Fun environment with interesting perks

Plenty of great people who work there. Enjoyed the collaborative nature of the job. Challenging work, but enjoyable at the same time. A fast-paced, constantly changing environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bell Media Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement