Bell Media Inc.

Bell Media Inc. Employee Reviews

Canada155 reviews
There are always people that will give you an ear allowing you to bounce an idea off of, or ask for assistance. The people there were the best. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the number of users that were streaming content with your software.
It's a great place to work. Nice manager and collegues. Parking is a bit far sometimes if you coming late but it's good for exercise sometimes isn't it?
Avantages
Équipe extraordinaire. Culture d'entraide. Moyenne d'âge relativement jeune

Inconvénients

La progression de carrière semble plus lente qu'ailleurs
Cutback throughout the company and overall micromanaging makes workplace culture lower than in the past.
Not paying a decent wage for skills required has caused many staff to purse opportunities elsewhere
Plenty of great people who work there. Enjoyed the collaborative nature of the job. Challenging work, but enjoyable at the same time. A fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
I learned a great deal during my time at Bell Media in Niagara. I was in the role of news anchor, learning and expanding my skill set. Many great radio professional work in this building, and I've been able to watch them work and learn a great deal about how to make good radio.
L'environnement de travail est très agréable et l'employeur offre beaucoup de flexibilité d'horaire lorsqu'on est aux études.
good people to work with. very stress-free job. involves answering phones and organizing prizing for several radio and tv stations. learned the job within two days.
They are struggling to meet the demands of a changing entertainment industry and are relying on regular lay offs to save money and make up for a lack of growth. The termination packages are decent though. There is a lack of decision making that is endemic of Bell in general. It is an easy work pace, but with the threat of constant layoffs looming it is hard to feel at ease and concentrate on work. If internal politics and meetings without end or effect are your dream job, go for it.
Pros
Bell discount, good benefits, stock option, good termination packages
Cons
unions, slow pace and lack of internal movement or promotion
Get to work on engaging projects with some great people, however the constant threat of layoffs makes it very tense and competitive. Need to be good at dealing with strong personalities and constant change to be successful in that environment.
Multiple lines of business to discover and always trying to stay ahead of the curve. With many locations and supporting all types of telecom, media, retail and more.
3 restructurations en 4 ans, niveau de burn-out et de dépression jamais vu
A typical day at work is meeting peers over a scrum in the morning to report status on tasks so that sprints boards are updated. The management is excellent in providing support to our needs so that we can do our jobs as required.The most enjoyable part of my job is I get to develop and contribute to the company.
work day varied depending on time of month. As month-end approached, deadlines needed to be met and expectations were high.

learned to work with a highly structured accounting environment and deal with multiple deadlines and expectations. New software was introduced and training was unfortunately limited.

Management was done remotely - email and written instructions.

Culture was highly structured also. Very formal and with high expectations from its employees. Work and little "play".

Hardest part of the job was to anticipate future expectations of management. We were also in a take-over position, with employee downsizing happening. Highly stressful.

Team work and team support helped to endure the long hours and stress of the workplace.
I loved my years working in the newsroom. It is highly demanding but highly rewarding. The hours are not for the faint of heart but the people I worked with made up for that.
Bell est une entreprise axé sur les résultats financiers.
De nombreuses coupures sont à venir chez Bell Média spécifiquement du à la nature de la business télévisuelle, ce qui amène un climat d'instabilité.
I managed ,made very good money ,but was not for me in what I was looking to do long term. Management was very good, alot of support and
pep rallies to build confidence and a game plan.
Creative is a great department to work with. Many of the past issues, regarding micro managing have been eliminated. Older, outdated positions have been eliminated, the union with CTV are questionable, and have a reduced influence now as well. In an industry that thrives on learning new ideas & concepts, the union promotes stagnation, eliminating the youngest & some of the best an brightest, in favor of job security. It's a great company to work for, it's not without it's challenges & it will be interesting to see where Bell Media / CTV proceed into the 21st century.
Great company to work for and to get used to the big company environment. Not as much opportunity for growth as you work think but it will allow you to have a stable career.
Earning potential with most jobs at Bell is very high. Often there is base salary and commissions. The unfortunate part of this is that there are always high sales targets to hit and management will continue to push those on you and others. If you're not suited to a high demand job then Bell is not the company for you.
Pros
Base pay plus commissions
Cons
Poor work life balance, Tough work hours
It was a good place to start when I was fresh out of college but if you want a challenge and advancement look elsewhere. There's executives and entry level not much in between
Pros
Easy work, no challenge, management is too focused on themselves to police the staff
Cons
Zero advancement - I was told directly it's a dead end job, Zero training, toxic environment