Bell Media Inc. Employee Reviews

Technical support
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON30 August 2019
I gained Excellent experience and overall good environment and great learning experience. All team members were quite good and supportive also helpful.
Great work-life balance, not great room for growth
Account Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 August 2019
While there are significant benefits to working at Bell (competitive benefits package and vacation time), Bell often pays their employees in experience instead of legitimate compensation.
Pros
"Work Perks" (tickets to concerts, sports events etc.)
Cons
Lack of morale (at least on my team), too many contract positions, general instability/lack of bettering opportunities
Great management team
Senior DBA (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 August 2019
Very interesting work, see back end of TV and online shows.Lots of turnover in my time there but new management team was able to integrate and guide ITteam.
Do not work for bell
Subject Matter Expert (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON15 July 2019
Worst job of my life. Lazy stupid people as team leads and all they care about is their own bonuses. You are taught to lie to cutomers and sell sell sell even if the product doesn't fit the customer. The morale and mental health of the entire staff was abysmally low. DO NOT WORK HERE
To much turnaround...
Digital Content Producer - Radio (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON9 July 2019
Bell is notorious for random and severe cuts to their staff. In my first week of being hired, not only did they eliminate an entire radio station, but some staff, including my hiring manager.

The HR manager in the building was also relatively new (within a week or so of my hiring) and there was a 6 month probation period (instead of most 3 month standards) in which she was let go at the end of, followed shortly by myself just shy of 6 months.
Pros
Moderate benefits and some nice people
Cons
Massive turnover rates.
Depends on your team leader
Writer/Producer (Former Employee) –  Toronto21 June 2019
This was a great place to work, except for the days when it wasn't. I think everything depends on your specific manager. If you like the person, respect them, then that is always what helps get the most of the time there.
Good People
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 May 2019
The people make coming to work really enjoyable. No advancement within the company, lots of politics, pay could be better. A very solid line between managers and support staff which is off putting
Awesome Place to work! Fun, Productive, Managable
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON15 April 2019
Brand Ambassador / Create social media content to drive brand awareness and attract new listeners / Implement marketing goals / Conceptualize Bell Media’s mission, vision and marketing strategies.

Help Raise Brand Awareness and Increase Sales via increasing Company Marketing to promote listnership.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Tough Place to Move Up
Promotion Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON12 April 2019
At Bell Media, I was responsible for the technical production of on-location live broadcasts and remotes. During these
events, I enthusiastically met and greeted people talking about the event. I also managed the social media accounts
and occasionally made announcements as needed (e.g. introductory remarks at the premiere of a movie).
Driven by share price
Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 March 2019
All business strategies and decisions are made on the basis of how they will affect the share price.
Execs are compensated with shares and that is clearly reflected in the short term thinking.
good
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON16 March 2019
I have been working at Bell Media full-time more than a year.

Everyone is really kind and hardworking here, lots of benefits and perks. I really enjoy the office space and work.
Terrible company to work for
System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 March 2019
Bottom dollar is all they care about. If you want to be a number then go work there. Absolutely no benefit to working here, dead end jobs. The 35% discount they give you is a joke considering you have to put up with their terrible customer service.
Pros
location is great only if you work downtown
Cons
Too many managers, they dont care about their employees
Great Environment
Technical Solutions Architect (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 March 2019
Bell Media is a great company to work for. The employee benefits are amazing and I love the work life balance. I get to work on cutting edge technology and that is what i love the most about my job here.
Great Company lack employee development
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 February 2019
Bell Media is a great company however they lack employee development, most internal jobs are given to people they know rather than look for ideal candidates who posses the required skill set.
Assembly line
Creative Writer (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC3 February 2019
Bell has no consideration for their employees. They are only concerned about their bottom line, it creates high stress, low morale and a lower quality product. Who wants to work hard when you're just a number? You do just enough.
The previous companies provided a far superior work environment
Not a bad company but depends on what position
Web Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON21 January 2019
Not a bad company and kind of fun. Yes, technology wise it is not bad that they will have agile and scrum tool like Jira to track the stuffs, but there are still a lot of legacy old stuff there that is a mess. For my position, it is stuck and hard to move anyway and learn anything.

But overall, for new tech and web and mobile development position like me, it is good. Salary wise it is not that high but ok. Flexible environment and allow WFH sometime. Benefit for employee not bad. Team is good, but seems there is not much to move on for new development in this team and this role. So, I resign and move on because nothing to learn and do with the legacy code with lots of bugs. Anyway, a lot of us in there resign and move on to another jobs.
Pros
Flexible environment, good tools and nice teams
Cons
Not good Job advancement, and poor coding development
Declining business model means constant downsizing
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Toronto11 January 2019
Challenging business as viewership is on a constant decline and Bell is very focussed on delivering shareholder value on a quarterly basis. With no real company growth, In order to make the numbers there is constant downsizing; there were three major series of lay-offs in 2018. Everyone is doing the job of three people, and there is almost no room for advancement. When a position becomes available, that job is eliminated and work divided up. Pay and benefits are very good, and there is decent work life balance outside of production. Zero job security.
Pros
Salary, work life balance
Cons
Career Advancement
A unique and diverse company
Sales Operations Instructor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 December 2018
Bell media is extremely diverse and has a wide range of talent. Tons of room to grow, and excel, if you're willing to work for it. I've met some great leaders and co workers in my time at Bell Media.
Productive and Fun workplace
Marketing & Community Relations Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 December 2018
Good workplace but very bad management . Not very good leadership in the department that I work in.
The people that work there are very nice, great environment in that regard.
Radio Producer/Host
Producer/Host (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 December 2018
In coordinating with multiple people to produce a daily sports talk show, I was able to problem solve, work under a deadline, and communicate with others to ensure we were making the best possible content, every single day.