Bell Media Inc.

Bell Media Inc. Employee Reviews

Good Resume Booster

One of Canada’s top multimedia companies - with well-known subsidiary brands. The people were friendly but depending on your department, work may be more monotonous and not as collaborative!

Pros

Fairly relaxed pace, decent work-life balance

Cons

Lay-off threats, not very much room for growth, difficult to get foot in the door

Amazing team, but uncreative work

I felt like my creativity was being sucked away, I barely used it at all during work. Upper management was impersonal and I felt like I was just a number there.

Pros

Good Team & Culture

Cons

Long hours, bad work like balance, uncreative work

Avoid Bell

The benefits were decent but the salary was mediocre. Growth opportunities are essentially non existent and Bell would rather hire externally, or they'll just lay you off. Either way, they don't provide much chance for career growth. Upper management have absolutely no vision of how to succeed in the industry, hence the constant layoffs and shutting down of stations.

Pros

Creative work

Cons

No job security, no opportunity for career development

Awesome company

The best company I’ve ever worked for with amazing benefits. They care about you here and you feel like you are part of something greater. I love the team first atmosphere.

Pros

Great pay and benefits

Cons

Backstabbing culture

Bellmedia has been an awesome place to work.

I feel fortunate to work at CTV for Bellmedia. I have had the opportunity to learn the latest technology and work with the best journalists in Vancouver. The television business is constantly going through changes and the job opportunities are not as many as in the past. If you chose television as a career be prepared to be laid off at some point in your career. I was laid off from Bellmedia in 2016 and rehired in 2017 as a freelancer.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Stressful at times.

Good people to work with

There are always people that will give you an ear allowing you to bounce an idea off of, or ask for assistance. The people there were the best. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the number of users that were streaming content with your software.

Great Place to work

It's a great place to work. Nice manager and collegues. Parking is a bit far sometimes if you coming late but it's good for exercise sometimes isn't it?

Excellente école

Avantages Équipe extraordinaire. Culture d'entraide. Moyenne d'âge relativement jeune Inconvénients La progression de carrière semble plus lente qu'ailleurs

A positive enjoyable workplace is overshadowed by higher up bean counters

Cutback throughout the company and overall micromanaging makes workplace culture lower than in the past. Not paying a decent wage for skills required has caused many staff to purse opportunities elsewhere

Fun environment with interesting perks

Plenty of great people who work there. Enjoyed the collaborative nature of the job. Challenging work, but enjoyable at the same time. A fast-paced, constantly changing environment.

Great first job for me out of college

I learned a great deal during my time at Bell Media in Niagara. I was in the role of news anchor, learning and expanding my skill set. Many great radio professional work in this building, and I've been able to watch them work and learn a great deal about how to make good radio.

Belle ambiance et flexible.

L'environnement de travail est très agréable et l'employeur offre beaucoup de flexibilité d'horaire lorsqu'on est aux études.

good people

good people to work with. very stress-free job. involves answering phones and organizing prizing for several radio and tv stations. learned the job within two days.

Bell Media is top heavy

They are struggling to meet the demands of a changing entertainment industry and are relying on regular lay offs to save money and make up for a lack of growth. The termination packages are decent though. There is a lack of decision making that is endemic of Bell in general. It is an easy work pace, but with the threat of constant layoffs looming it is hard to feel at ease and concentrate on work. If internal politics and meetings without end or effect are your dream job, go for it.

Pros

Bell discount, good benefits, stock option, good termination packages

Cons

unions, slow pace and lack of internal movement or promotion

Tough environment

Get to work on engaging projects with some great people, however the constant threat of layoffs makes it very tense and competitive. Need to be good at dealing with strong personalities and constant change to be successful in that environment.

innovative

Multiple lines of business to discover and always trying to stay ahead of the curve. With many locations and supporting all types of telecom, media, retail and more.

Pire culture d’entreprise

3 restructurations en 4 ans, niveau de burn-out et de dépression jamais vu

Work–life balance

A typical day at work is meeting peers over a scrum in the morning to report status on tasks so that sprints boards are updated. The management is excellent in providing support to our needs so that we can do our jobs as required.The most enjoyable part of my job is I get to develop and contribute to the company.

highly structured, competitive and stressful environment. strong team spirit.

work day varied depending on time of month. As month-end approached, deadlines needed to be met and expectations were high. learned to work with a highly structured accounting environment and deal with multiple deadlines and expectations. New software was introduced and training was unfortunately limited. Management was done remotely - email and written instructions. Culture was highly structured also. Very formal and with high expectations from its employees. Work and little "play". Hardest part of the job was to anticipate future expectations of management. We were also in a take-over position, with employee downsizing happening. Highly stressful. Team work and team support helped to endure the long hours and stress of the workplace.

I loved my years working in the newsroom. It is highly demanding but highly rewarding. The hours are not for the faint of heart but the people I worked with made up for that.

environnement de travail instable vu les restructurations fréquentes

Bell est une entreprise axé sur les résultats financiers. De nombreuses coupures sont à venir chez Bell Média spécifiquement du à la nature de la business télévisuelle, ce qui amène un climat d'instabilité.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bell Media Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8Job security/advancement