Bell Flight Management reviews

Exciting and challenging work environment
Project manager (Training & Communication for IT) (Former Employee) –  Mirabel, QC17 February 2016
Working at Bell Helicopter was a great experience. I had the opportunity to evolve and acquire new skills and experiences with each of my new assignments.

One of the highlights was the opportunity to work with a few departments other than engineering during my employment. For example, working with the shop floor to solve a flight clearance problem, collaborate with manufacturing to find the issues with the new software being deployed.

I learned how to delegate and to provide status updates on projects to management. I really enjoyed the camaraderie with my colleagues and the opportunities that management gave me to further my career.

Looking to challenge myself further, I left my engineering metrics coordinator job to work in the mass properties group. This transition was one of the hardest part of my work experience at Bell Helicopter. It was a very technical job with coordination with the shop floor but it was very fulfilling and I learned a lot. Even though I had left the mass properties position, I was called upon as an ad hoc replacement after my departure.
Pros
Flextime
Cons
Enjoyed the people and all the work I performed over the years.
Material Support Administrator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, Alberta24 September 2015
I loved all the positions I held at Bell Helicopter. Supportive management allowed me to enjoyed all the courses for continuous improvement and training throughout my time there. A lot of people came to me for help when needed and I volunteered to hold flu clinics, sign people up for Costco, and attended all company functions over the years.
Pros
Good people, Costco Cards
Excellent Training Ground for Young Engineers
Technical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mirabel, QC29 June 2015
Bell Helicopter was a great place to start a career! A great work environment, receptive management, and great diversity in the day-to-day work tasks. The salary was competitive and the benefits are definitely at the top of the list for aerospace companies. Despite being a large company with a lot of red tape, things moved quickly and tasks were accomplished efficiently.

I am definitely sad to leave Bell Helicopter but am looking forward to new challenges ahead.
Pros
Great Work Environment, Job Diversity
Cons
Headquarter in the US
Challenging, full of action and fun
Planner-Buyer (Former Employee) –  Mirabel, QC29 June 2015
Reports review and taking actions (purchasing-planning, acceleration, deceleration and cancellation), reviewing of ROP and blanket orders.Production expedites, providing tracking numbers and delivery dates.Return to vendors. Other plants management of demand. Reception problems to solve DRIP. Accounts payable differences. Helping and trainning other buyers with MIN-MAX planning. Updating all information on the system from Accel, deccel and cancel actions. Helping Bell Chihuahua, Mexico with their MIN-Max planning.
I learn to use the system to make the planning of the MIN-MAX and to use all the systems, Legacy, SAP, Enovia.
The co-workers were all the time wealling to help if I need and I was also wealling to help if they need me.
The most enjoyable part was working there, I love to work.
Pros
Very nice people, enjoyable work environment
Cons
Company is lower sizing
Good benefits
Contracts Execution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mirabel22 October 2014
- to much time spent in Meetings and Conference calls
- Contracts, deal with International Customers
- Management was somehow knowledgeable, not all of them
- My colleague doing the same job was very professional and hard working, not all my co-workers
- The hardest part of the job was Internal politics
- The most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with International Customers, solving problems
Pros
Teleworking when Customers were not visiting the Facility
Cons
Poor communication at all levels
Good company to work at. A continuous learning experience.
Technical Analyst (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC2 September 2014
* A typical day at work:
Facing airframe conditions that need some stress analysis.
Interacting with people to better understand the condition, to request some additional information, to give some service.
* What you learned:
Airframe Stress Analysis.
Manufacturing considerations to be taken into account.
How and helicopter works.
* Management:
Talented people mainly with strong technical background.
* Co-workers:
Very competent experienced people mixed with talented young professionals.
* The hardest part of the job:
To be challenged by people who really know about their fields under an atmosphere of urgency.
* The most enjoyable part of the job:
To see how my much I have grown as a professional.
Pros
An opportunity to learn.
Cons
Distance to work.
Productive and place to learn
Technical Staff Specialist (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC11 March 2014
-Good place to work
-Learned in different positions
-Management is average
-Good co-workers
-Sometimes dealing with someone not cooperative
-Working in a team
Great place to work. Great popular product.
Responsable d'obtenir les pièces requises (Former Employee) –  St. Janvier, QC24 July 2012
Good and proud place to work with all the opportunities to learn and advance your career. Earned a great deal of experiences in workmanship and people values. It had its weaknesses such as spotty management with overloaded business politics. Unbalanced evaluation application from department to department, with higher standards than others. Designed to demotivate and discourage and or De-hire the less desired. Would still go back now that it has changed.
Pros
very interesting products, fair to employess, all the benefits of good job
Cons
had to play office politics against my will.