Belfor Property Restoration Employee Reviews

Estimator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 January 2019
Typical work day is lots of work but thanks to the flexible hours I can get a lot done. This is the place I've learned everything about the restoration industry.
Pros
Working atmosphere
Cons
Large work load
Fun workplace
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 August 2018
Poor work manangement with front staff, back staff was great to work with on some days.
The hardest part of the job was having to deal with customers who werent satisfied.
Pros
Cons
sometimes worked over 16hours a day
Tough work/life balance, likes to hire outside, instead of promoting inside
Flood Technician (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 June 2018
Belfor, started off as a good company to work for, but after a while, they expect a lot out of their workers and give back very little to show for all the hours and hours of overtime and hard work you put in just to make the project managers look good.

Management is lacking structure, some upper management implement some rules, and others tell you the complete opposite,which leads to conflicting issues down the road due to this.
always something new
Project Manager Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 May 2018
Every day is like walking into a different job. You do the same work everyday but the situations are different. There are slow days but tht never lasts long.
productive and careing place
Labourer (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Gander, NL22 March 2018
management are easy people to get along with they will help you as much as they can they give you challanges to better yourself at your job you always working in different places all the time
Pros
free lunches and like the hours of work
Cons
got no cons about the company
Educational, Productive
Restoration Crew/Labor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 March 2018
I enjoy a typical days work there, days went by fast, always busy, well organized and managed well.

I really was pleased with the provided transportation at a remote meeting location.
Pros
Free Rides, Free Coffee
Cons
Dirty Work
Everyday was a new adventure
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS27 September 2017
I loved my time with this company.
I enjoyed the work which was for the most part the removal of Asbestos and Mould. I loved the fact that every job site was a new adventure.
General Labourer
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB14 September 2017
The amount of work was appropriate and all of the staff was very nice as well. They always helped us out when required. They were always good at explaining all of their expectations.
Great place to work with great people
Content Supervisor Assistant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 August 2017
Over the past two years that I have worked for this company I have learned a lot in a field I had never worked in before and made some advancement and gained certification.
Content Tech
Content Specialist (Former Employee) –  London, ON9 July 2017
The London warehouse is a joke. The employees are allowed to steal customer contents without any consequences. Employees have done drugs on jobs as well as at the warehouse. Safety isn't at all #1. Overall... this place is a joke. They are nothing but backstabbing, high school drop outs!
Pros
Experience
Cons
Everything you think is wrong... IS!!!
Biggest location in Canada
Mover/Driver (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC27 May 2017
I made good friends working the Warehouse. Moving is mostly unskilled labour but I learned a lot about fire and flood restoration strategy. I value the relationships I forged working at Belfor.
kitchenett and lunch room
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC28 April 2017
I loved working with people in time of need. fire ,flood smoke mold and remeadiation. the best part was the warm hugs that I received on the final day and content reset,and giving the insured there home back!
Pros
free lunches on nights
Cons
being on call for one week
Survival of the popular
General labor, electronic technician, demo tech (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB12 April 2017
I had dispatch make derogatory comments towards me, verbal assaults by other coworkers whom were deemed "superior" said dispatch, mistakes were made by the crew chief and leveled against whomever chosen, rampant nepotism, then it took almost a year to receive ROE and t4, the pros, like all organizations there are good people, but the environment is such that if you are on the wrong side of anyone in power, they will black ball you from the business the best they can.
Pros
Some friends in the trenches
Cons
Unsafe, unhealthy, unprofessional
It was good
Demolition Labourer (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS11 April 2017
It was good, it was a hard job also but it was worth, it payed very good. The supervisors where nice and respect full I got along good with the other employees.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Hard work
Good good
Flood Truck Tech, Property Restoration (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL27 March 2017
Good job, great people, good experience and learned a lot, was appreciated for my work by good people. Enjoy my job....................................
It was a very productive place with a good environment,
Staff member. (Former Employee) –  Trenton Ontario20 March 2017
A typical day at work would be cleaning, and stocking shelves. I would make sure everything is organized properly, labeled properly, cleaned properly, and in the right spots. I learned that everyone works at a different pace and learned differently. I also learned how to be more patient, understanding and learned that I love working midnight. The environment is great, the staff are great and working there was overall educational. The hardest part of the job was wearing work boots. The most enjoyable part of the job was everything to be honest, i loved working there, it was amazing.
Pros
Got to meet new people.
Cons
I don't have any cons about working there.
Awesome People
Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Prince George, BC24 February 2017
Relaxed work environment, friendly people.
They understand that life happens to everybody!
Customers First their absolute policy!
High quality service.
amazing experience
General labourer/ Custodian (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB18 January 2017
it was only a temporary position after the fort mac wild fires was defiantly a great learning experience and decent money and you defiantly get noticed for hard work
Pros
camp paid for tons of hours
Cons
working away (when i did it )
Good work environment, felt like family
Carpentry Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC11 January 2017
Large job spectrum: painted walls, ripped out damaged areas, installed cabinets, installed toilets, built stairs, packed items etc plenty of experience
Pros
Lots of experience in different areas of construction
Cons
Sewage jobs, being on call late at night
Horrible company to work for, if you like high school backstabbing then this place is for you. Management is very poor.
Estimator (Former Employee) –  London, ON10 January 2017
This office needs someone to come in and "clean house" , there is no respect between co-workers and management has created an environment where it is everyone for themselves! No teamwork in this place! The atmosphere is depressing and you dread going to work everyday!
Pros
None!
Cons
List is too long

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Belfor Property Restoration. Our community is ready to answer.