Belfor Property Restoration

Belfor Property Restoration Employee Reviews

Canada89 reviews
Overal Great company to work for.
The only downside is if you work your hardest and take on alot more respobablitliys it's hard to get properly compsitated for how much extras work and responsibility you have taken on. Its hard to get a raise. This is very unfortainate because eventuallt ppl start to care less when the realize there are no perks or raises for stepping up and taking on more leadership responsibility mresponsibility.rouutredresresopnarespinsabilitlsre. taking more responsibility when they realize it doesn't really get acomplished with regular
Read below
Garbage company garbage employees wouldn’t recommend this company if they were the last company on earth company needs to be stripped down and start again
Go work somewhere else!!!
For a company that brags about setting the pace within the restoration industry, they don’t seem to practice what they preach!! Management is questionable at best! This place will devour your personal life and that it exactly what they expect from you and nothing less
The worst company I have ever worked for!
The position I had while working at Belfor was great and loved what I did however, there is little to no support and that is the general consensus from all staff!
The pay is an absolute joke! They will continue to have a high turnover if things don't change here.

I would never recommend this company to any of my friends for employment or services-Terrible!
Manages with fear not fairness
Upper management seems to not live up to the company values and standard. MANAGES WITH FEAR, NOT FAIRNESS Unable to respond or listen to feedback from employees.
LACK of communication between in-field workers and management leads to a rather stressful and toxic environment for workers resulting I'm UNFAIR & Unjust treatment of an employee.
Belfor was a great company to work for.
I loved working for belfor everyday was different and thats why i think i liked it so much. One day you could be doing a final clean after a major fire or setting up equipment after a major flood. One thing i can say was they always kept me busy and i learned many new skills.
Team environment
Face paced, team based environment. Normal daily activities. Treated equally. Great management, breaks provided. Training provided. Must have great customer service skills to work here.
Not as good as it used to be to work for.
Has become a poor place to work with a lack of respect from Management, no raises in 5 years and poor upgrade of working conditions. Stressful to make even a reasonable living.
very disorganized
Never have a real plan on how the day will go.
Jobs take too long to complete.

Have to be on call.

Very disorganized.

Take on too many jobs for the amount of staff working.
Productive and positive
Wonderful workplace culture; great people; fast-paced.
Management is focused on growing its people and working to create opportunity for well-rounded, diverse workforce.
Very competitive and Fast-paced
The job is very fast-paced since it focuses on property restoration across all properties in Ontario. There are some periods where work can be slow depending on the season. However, work shortage is not an issue and there are "on-call" work opportunities for all technicians.
Productive, fast paced
good co -workers, fast paced , outside activities, BBq's, working out of town, sometimes physically demanding. listing on I pad...moving and packing content. Cleaning home or Commercial buildings after fire or flood damage.
excersice and learn
nice people lots of work keep busy ..nice and safe line of work jobs of task nice source
runs goood

fix stuff

good size

good co work

up team leads good
Pros
learn restoraration
Cons
structure
I didn't like it.
The only way to get a job there is through a temp agency. Not worth it. If they only need you for a month then they will let you go. I was hired for in the shop and they wanted me to do other stuff that I wasn't hired for.
Good environment
Seasonal spikes of work allow for plenty of hours at times perhaps too many but otherwise easy work. Lot's of traveling if that's something that interests people.
Productive and friendly staff with terrible upper management
Your co-workers are lovely welcoming people and your immediately welcomed into the family. The staff is mostly related to each other already. With husbands, wifes, daughters all working together. It was a great experience until the day I was walked out of the office. You are called into an office and told simply "it's not working out" my management and escorted out. No notice, no explanation nothing. I checked in weekly to see my progress and was told I was doing well. Upper management are the issue, they are keyboard warriors however can't even look you in the eye in the corridor. I would strongly avoid working here as they throw you out into the wilderness with not a second thought. I wouldn't do that to a dog, never mind a human being 2 weeks before Christmas!!
not a professional group
not set up well, lack of experience in upper management, pay is not competitive to other construction companies. Training was the best part of working with Belfor. Workers were not appreciated for the work that was being completed and labours pay was not enough for what work they had to do.
Belfor
It was a really good
Place to work. You work as a team and there are a lot of hours. It isn’t a straight shift so there can be some long and hard nights.
Productive workplace.
Had the pleasure to work with wonderful people.
At times, it can be a fast paced, stressful job.

We were offered and put through courses to make sure we were prepared for just about anything.

The best part of the job was to see the satisfaction and happiness restored to the clients after we were done.
Can't at this time.
It started out well but things changed over the course of my employment. Because of being bought out by another American company its changed. Restructuring is needed. I do enjoy working with the people in our department section. There is to much conflict with management and project managers. Communication is lacking in the worst way. This was at one time a great company to work for
Horrible place as a worker
Pays minimum wage. Management makes great money and goes to a lot of parties. Workers get paid minimum, forced to work long hours and weekends without notice. Work is hard and often involves working in sweat backups, mould infested homes and ripping out asbestos all without being given and kind of protection.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Belfor Property Restoration. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9