Belfor Property Restoration Employee Reviews

Educational, Productive
Restoration Crew/Labor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 March 2018
I enjoy a typical days work there, days went by fast, always busy, well organized and managed well.

I really was pleased with the provided transportation at a remote meeting location.
Pros
Free Rides, Free Coffee
Cons
Dirty Work
Everyday was a new adventure
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS27 September 2017
I loved my time with this company.
I enjoyed the work which was for the most part the removal of Asbestos and Mould. I loved the fact that every job site was a new adventure.
General Labourer
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB14 September 2017
The amount of work was appropriate and all of the staff was very nice as well. They always helped us out when required. They were always good at explaining all of their expectations.
Great place to work with great people
Content Supervisor Assistant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 August 2017
Over the past two years that I have worked for this company I have learned a lot in a field I had never worked in before and made some advancement and gained certification.
Content Tech
Content Specialist (Former Employee) –  London, ON9 July 2017
The London warehouse is a joke. The employees are allowed to steal customer contents without any consequences. Employees have done drugs on jobs as well as at the warehouse. Safety isn't at all #1. Overall... this place is a joke. They are nothing but backstabbing, high school drop outs!
Pros
Experience
Cons
Everything you think is wrong... IS!!!
Biggest location in Canada
Mover/Driver (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC27 May 2017
I made good friends working the Warehouse. Moving is mostly unskilled labour but I learned a lot about fire and flood restoration strategy. I value the relationships I forged working at Belfor.
kitchenett and lunch room
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC28 April 2017
I loved working with people in time of need. fire ,flood smoke mold and remeadiation. the best part was the warm hugs that I received on the final day and content reset,and giving the insured there home back!
Pros
free lunches on nights
Cons
being on call for one week
Survival of the popular
General labor, electronic technician, demo tech (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB12 April 2017
I had dispatch make derogatory comments towards me, verbal assaults by other coworkers whom were deemed "superior" said dispatch, mistakes were made by the crew chief and leveled against whomever chosen, rampant nepotism, then it took almost a year to receive ROE and t4, the pros, like all organizations there are good people, but the environment is such that if you are on the wrong side of anyone in power, they will black ball you from the business the best they can.
Pros
Some friends in the trenches
Cons
Unsafe, unhealthy, unprofessional
Good good
Flood Truck Tech, Property Restoration (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL27 March 2017
Good job, great people, good experience and learned a lot, was appreciated for my work by good people. Enjoy my job....................................
It was a very productive place with a good environment,
Staff member. (Former Employee) –  Trenton Ontario20 March 2017
A typical day at work would be cleaning, and stocking shelves. I would make sure everything is organized properly, labeled properly, cleaned properly, and in the right spots. I learned that everyone works at a different pace and learned differently. I also learned how to be more patient, understanding and learned that I love working midnight. The environment is great, the staff are great and working there was overall educational. The hardest part of the job was wearing work boots. The most enjoyable part of the job was everything to be honest, i loved working there, it was amazing.
Pros
Got to meet new people.
Cons
I don't have any cons about working there.

Want to know more about Belfor Property Restoration?

Ask a question
Awesome People
Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Prince George, BC24 February 2017
Relaxed work environment, friendly people.
They understand that life happens to everybody!
Customers First their absolute policy!
High quality service.
amazing experience
General labourer/ Custodian (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB18 January 2017
it was only a temporary position after the fort mac wild fires was defiantly a great learning experience and decent money and you defiantly get noticed for hard work
Pros
camp paid for tons of hours
Cons
working away (when i did it )
Good work environment, felt like family
Carpentry Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC11 January 2017
Large job spectrum: painted walls, ripped out damaged areas, installed cabinets, installed toilets, built stairs, packed items etc plenty of experience
Pros
Lots of experience in different areas of construction
Cons
Sewage jobs, being on call late at night
Horrible company to work for, if you like high school backstabbing then this place is for you. Management is very poor.
Estimator (Former Employee) –  London, ON10 January 2017
This office needs someone to come in and "clean house" , there is no respect between co-workers and management has created an environment where it is everyone for themselves! No teamwork in this place! The atmosphere is depressing and you dread going to work everyday!
Pros
None!
Cons
List is too long
Great learning environment
Cleaner/Labourer (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON15 December 2016
A typical day at work varies. I can be doing anything from, packing out a house, to listing damaged contents, to cleaning a house after the rebuild is complete.
I've learned an incredible amount in my time here. Everything from how long it takes mould to grow after something gets wet; to the names for the types of screw drivers.
Management works very hard to schedule all the crews, on all the ongoing jobs and my co-workers are all good at working as a team to complete the given tasks.
The hardest part of my job can be the pressure of completing a certain task, in the required period of time. Often times my job requires me to finish packing, cleaning or listing, in a certain number of days, which can prove to be a challenge.
The most enjoyable part of my job is working with a great team of people to achieve a productive work environment.
Great people
Abatement specialist (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS30 November 2016
Good money and good people lots of different work and they pay for certifications they provide all the equipment and they are very safe and get huge contracts.
Pros
Hour lunch
Cons
No breaks
Worked with these guys during the summer
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB28 November 2016
Good work and good hours i learnt alot working with these guys during yhe summer time in fort macmurray with lgs staffing and the fire crew clean upp
Pros
Good camps
Cons
Awsome hours
great company
Tool Crib Attendant (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB19 November 2016
it was a great company to work for I enjoyed my time with them I worked as a temp but they treated me as one of there own. made it very easy to do a great job
Pros
great
Cons
Fast paced and consuming place to work
Water Technician (Former Employee) –  London, ON7 November 2016
BELFOR is one of the most renowned property restoration company's in the world, I think the integrity from management to worker is lost due to its vast size
Appreciate the steady hours, but overall I'm frustrated.
Duct Cleaning Technician (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS26 October 2016
Not entirely pleased with my time at Belfor. Awful day to day organization. A constant fight to get working equipment to do my job. An opportunity to "move up" and supervise, no incentive whatsoever to do so, more responsibility with nothing in return is no way to get qualified competent employees.
Pros
Good hours.
Cons
poor organization, no incentive.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Belfor Property Restoration. Our community is ready to answer.