Beertown Public House

Beertown Public House Employee Reviews

Amazing people!

The staff here are amazing people! They are very close knit but once you’re part of the Beertown crew, you are family. Management wasn’t always the best but definitely not the worst. They could work on how they handle situations better. I would highly recommend working here!

Toxic environment

Working at Beertown was not a good experience for me… I was so excited to work there but that quickly changed to hated going to work everyday. There’s so much cattiness and people taking about you behind your back. NOT a good place to work!!!

Cons

Long shifts, not great tips

Zero family environment

This is not a world class kitchen team , they would like to make it seem that way and management will undervalue your work. At no time do you feel in a family work environment I highly suggest not to apply here or for this company based on other reviews from other locations as the problem seems to be on going for years

Managment are the problem

Many shifts you won't get a break even working full 8 hours. They will over work you even if you apply part time. Dish washing will be Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights when they are the most busy which means 8 hours without a break and constant work. Then closing which could lead to 3 am. The place was okay with the original restaurant manager but once he left everything got horrible. They will teach you minimal things and work you way to hard. The only good part was some co-workers but once they started leaving so did I. If you need the money I would go somewhere else and have this as the last choice. Its sad that the place became what it did but it was just the management not caring about anyone. Not all managers are bad but the ones that have superiority are the reason so many people quit.

Pros

Money and lots of hours

Cons

No breaks and bad Managment

Great place to work only for the employees you work with.

At first it seems like a fantastic place, they rope you in with their vision and message and make you feel like you want to be apart of it all, but in reality they don't follow through. I did have some good managers, but when moved to another location, head office management made life unbearable, thus making me make the decision to quit. No work life balance, you're just supposed to live there it seems. I made lifelong friends with the employees because we're all going through the same stuff really, but that's the only reason I stayed as long as I did. Would recommend if you're looking for anything but management as typically, you're undervalued, under appreciated and not trained well.

Pros

Discount on good, friendships you make with staff.

Cons

Head office management

Hands down, Charcoal Group of restaurants is the BEST company to work for in Hospitality!

I personally have over 20 years of experience working in the field of Hospitality. Beertown Public House London provided, by far, the most professional, inspirational, and influential working experience of my life. The CEO and upper management team are driven to encourage and advance all employees to their full potential.

Fun place to work

Beertown was a fun fast paced place to work. Team work is a must and so is a positive attitude. The hours are all over the place but that is the service industry. The money is good as long as you work hard and care about your customers.

Pros

good money

Poor Workplace

Poor management here at beertown allows for almost no workplace advancement. Told them i was part time, but gave me full time hours. Pay was decent but not great

Do not care about employees

You are to be available always . Families with needs do not matter to them . Your health and safety sure doesnt . Paid minimal for breaking your back . Even if you deserve to do more they keep putting it off. Do not reccomend.

It’s great

Working at BEERTOWN London was amazing experience it’s really hard to not feel at home in this environment. Highly recommend if in school or not apply

Jobs at Beertown Public House

See more jobs

not necessarily recommended

- job itself is fast paced and stressful at times but overall not bad - at busy times (typically weekends and weekday nights) can get very busy and stressful - management is poor and allowed for no advancement - no work life balance - did not provide any breaks - long nights and shifts, no scheduled end time, hard to plan for anything after work - food is great and the employees are fun to work with but also gossip alot - management would take out their stress on you

Very busy!

great place to work, with some great staff. Back of house is always crazy with lots to do. Pay could be better, but that's the kitchen life! ………………...

Combination of excitement and novelty with tap line up paired with great food and incredible service.

Working at Beertown was challenging yet fun. The company demanded excellence, which as a professional was easily met and exceeded by the staff members. Gaining knowledge about the beers was encouraged and expected in order to ensure maximum guest experience. Management was available for help whenever needed, and encouraged MOTs (Moments of Truth) which allowed us to excel beyond guest expectations and create memorable experiences.

Nice Place to work

No complaints, staff and management were nice. just know your beer and your menu and all will be okay, I enjoyed working here. Guest comment cards help too.

Chaotic kitchen, lots of talk about standards but don't have any.

Worked there almost a year, and in that time I watched over 8 people leave some of which were there for 5 years. They switch kitchen managers every year and half or so and are NOT willing to work with you on hours they show favoritism for hours to certain people very bluntly and when presented them with the problems there was talk of action to be taken but never was. Overall learned to keep good time management the people are awesome just management is not. And the guy who does the tipouts is a regular staff member who will add your money into other people's if he doesn't like you.if you want to be a "chef" do not work here it's a line cook job. Merry chefs don't get cleaned properly either.

Pros

Half hour break every 5 hours, Tipout

Cons

No steady hours, favoritism. High turnover.

Great place to work if you like to work HARD

Beertown is in full expansion mode and is pushing employees harder than ever to excel and provide exceptional service. I loved my time spent with the company, however this is NOT the place for passive or lazy employees.

Pros

Great income potential

Productive and educating place to work for anyone in culinary industry

Beertown is an active and lively restaurant where staff are driven and committed to success. Each employee is encouraged to do their best and are effectively trained on how to efficiently and effectively do their jobs.

Fun Workplace, With need of new management

My experience working for Beertown was a busy one. The food is good and the Line cooks are all talented individuals, but the sous chef, and Head chefs always failed to keep them focused and working together as a team. Each day went by quickly, with lots to do, and Guests to serve. A lot of days woud be understaffed. The hardest part of my job would have been having to go back and forth between the Dish pit, and Prep to prepare desserts during the dinner rush. Every staff member was great, and were all good friends with each other, and getting to get to know them was the best part. However, tensions were always high during rushes due to most staff feeling their way was better. I learned about speed in the restaurant here. It's all about finding the most safe and efficient way. Most people taking classes in college and university, aren't taught this to its full extent.

Pros

Decent hourly wage

Cons

Long hours, unorganized managment

Amazing place to work!!

I worked in a number of different food & beverage companies and Beertown has been by far my favourite. At the end of the day, it’s not all about your tips or having those 40 full time hours. Don’t get me wrong, if you have the availability for it they WILL give it to you. But it’s more than just money. The training, the management, the staff, the guests and how they run their business all counts when employees choose to stay. Most servers have been there for 1+ years which is hard to find in serving industry as there is usually lots of turnover. The staff is on their game, and if you’re slacking it will be known. At Beertown Cambridge it is always known that we are a team and we work together. It’s not a hard job unless you make it into one. It’s very fun but LOTS to learn. The training is absolutely fantastic as they train servers in each of the FOH areas which helps so much as a server when you know expo, running, drinks, hosting, taking phone calls etc. And lastly, the management. Amazing. Constantly encouraging staff when they do good work, always on the floor helping when needed, delegates tasks and cuts people at appropriate times. I’m a very outgoing and strong person/server and was very intimidated by management during my 3 interviews as they have lots of standards that need to be met as they are part of The Charcoal Group. However, after working at BT Cambridge for a few months now, I’ve grown to realize that these are some of the most supportive and nicest managers I have worked with to date. I really have nothing bad to say about the people, company or work itself. -

Great staff, high sales.

Good food done fast. The management and staff have such an eager to please guests and the overall vibe was awesome. Hours can be unpredictable but shifts are usually on the longer side so there is a lot of potential to work 40-50 hour weeks if that is what you're looking for. The tips in the kitchen ($2-$5 an hour) can offset a lower starting wage which has really helped work around the wage freeze most companies have implemented since the minimum wage increase. One of the better corporate restaurants I've ever worked for.

Pros

Tips, hours, management.

Cons

Sometimes disorganized.

Easily disposable

Super busy and stressful. The employees make the job, the management breaks it. Unorganized and easy to turn their back on you. Not the place to work if you're looking for long term or advancement.

Pros

FOH staff, lots of hours

Cons

unpredictable hours, management is garbage

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Beertown Public House. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9Job security/advancement

Compare Beertown Public House with

• Beertown Public House
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?