Beedie

Beedie Employee Reviews

Canada15 reviews
it is a great company to work for. it is very organized company. they treat people respectfully. it is a good place to grow. polite people and good communication between employers and employees.
Great job good benefits appreciated ,respected and valued as an amployee and member of their team a great safety culture which in construction is always there if you've been around construction awhile you know what I mean
Family and friends and the rest are disposable. High turnover and everyone is a president or Vice President as they love titles and hand them out like candy. It’s a thing.
I have worked for many construction companies in the past and Beedie was head and shoulders above the rest. The wages seemed fair, employees were great, and the company offered perks I have never seen before. The only reason I didn't rate all 5 stars is that my experience could've been a little better and there is usually room for improvement, even given non-perfection. Overall, very happy with the company.
We built huge warehouses using tilt-up construction, plenty of experience in excavating, grading, forming and framing. Good people, the CEO recently passed away but was a good man as is his son whose taken over the business. Very good experience working here.
This review is based on my experience on 3 separate sites around the lower mainland working under multiple supervisors, over a period of 6 months.
I found the management to be severely lacking in knowledge and ability to lead effectively. Management seems to be faking it to make it as they are not knowledgeable in basic construction or leadership skills. There seems to be no interest in improving efficiency or quality (Or anything for that matter. The saying, "That's how we've always done it." runs rampant in this company.) I have the suspicion that they are operating on cost-plus contracts as it seems they try to waste time and materials on purpose. The guys/girls in leadership roles are most concerned with just keeping their position which equates to them leaving those below them high and dry and without proper support. (Wouldn't want anyone to perform too well and replace them.) Any questions asked are taken as insulting and frowned upon. The lack of organization, communication and support makes for some very frustrating work days. The book Extreme Ownership would be helpful reading for their management team.

Very clicky environment, reminded me very much of high school. If your not prepared to drop to your knees you will get the worst jobs. Work performance is not a factor that is considered. More important is your ability to smile, nod and not ask questions. Carpenters, apprentices, skilled laborers and laborers are all treated as equals. Often, laborers will be doing carpentry jobs while red seals pick up garbage. Most carpenters are sub-par as far as skill and
 - more...
The people there are friendly and all willing to help.
Found the site to be disorganized and off schedule. Pay was alright and the offer benefits, but those things were promised early than delivered. It was a job.
I was told by my coworkers, leadman, superintendant, that I was doing great at some times, or nothing.. Nothing specific, nothing to indicate what they wanted me to improe upon. Then I was fired. People are great, work is extremely repetitive and boring. Management is very uncommunicative.
Excellent place to work and great people team to be working with. Learned to build panels for each wall and how you lift each wall up with a crane. In the end one of the best companies in construction.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Beedie?
Willing to teach and give responsibility to anyone willing. Great crew and everyone becomes close friends. Safety is truly a number one concern. Multiple safety meetings every week. Many activities planned by the company throughout the year for employees and their families, really makes you feel cared for. The sense of accomplishment at the end of each building or project was one of the most enjoyable parts of the job. Hands down, the hardest part of the job was leaving. Beedie is a Grade A+ company and I give the utmost praise to who they are and how they run their company. A flawless example of what a company should be.
Pros
Excellent Safety and good wages and benefits.
Cons
Too patient with bad employees.
Great place to work! Good people. Management is Fair and Proactive. Listen to suggestions. Extra cirricular activities are outstanding ( ie lunches,xmas partys,picnics) I would still work there if not for no Pension
Pros
Pay, treatment, special events(xmas party)
Cons
no pension
Beedie was an excellent company to work for. They tried very hard to keep my job with the company, because of economic times in Alberta it was not possible.
Very successfully family owned business with excellent product and reputation. Good staff and team committed to delivering results.
The company is extremely professional and revolves around a lot of safety and proper treatment of its employees, especially women in the industry. It is hard work at times, but very rewarding.
Pros
Free lunches after job completed or company award run, great hours, great foremen
Cons
Some staff are difficult
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Beedie. Our community is ready to answer.
4.4