Bee-Clean Building Maintenance

Bee-Clean Building Maintenance Employee Reviews for Janitor

Janitor57 reviews
Canada57 reviews
This is a position not meant for everyone. If strangers' bodily fluids make you squirm, stay away.
The workers are laid back and yet very professional, although the sites are typically done solo. Management is a bit thinly stretched over the Vancouver island so things can get a little backed up, but they have very dedicated employees that keep it functioning.

Is not a day job, and can be difficult to live off of for only income households. Probably best for students attending school during the day or parents looking to supplement their income at night.
The company is not run properly. Pay is not compatable with living. Not properly paid. Some staff that has been hired can be questionable. Theres no room for growth.
Great place to work hours are flexible to help with school and work balance,relaxing to work and employees and employers are easy to get along with making going to work fun .Ive learned good life skills working with other's time management and the ability to focus on task at hand.
Pros
Very flexible hours
Cons
The staff is very respectful and super flexible with your schedule. They have monthly safety meetings to keep you up to date with what is expected of you!
I only had to clean a small town bank so it was quite easy. I could get done in an hour. Usually cleaned alone but with someone else it took less time.
Most equipment is broken or has been taped back together so they dont have to buy a new one. Most of the buildings complained about things we are not entitled to fix nor touch. Bosses are easy to talk to but dont do anything if you ask them for different or new equipment.
It a good company to work for they r equal opportunity employer Wich is nice and very polite employees good lunch breaks and fun event sometimes some time u get tips
They are somewhat fair to the employees but they are terrible to the supervisors.
Dont expect a raise

No nenifits

No perks

Just your pay check
Pros
Its a job
Cons
There cheap
No raises ... minimum wage ..minimal hours offered . Must use your own vehicle to get to sites With no gas allowance ..managers will not step up to help with staff shortages or sick leave ...
The hours are good, the sites are in town, Bee-Clean staff are nice and friendly, in a work environment we are in different situations and stress levels. Security can be stressed as well.
Extremely poor management, the supervisor never helped out when short staffed or if someone got sick, the hourly wage sucks and you can never get a raise unless you complain, they say you get benefits after your 3 months, but never see it,
enjoyed working with bee clean , had my older sister working with me at all gtimes was good adn fun got to learn how to do comerical cleaning and how to use a wash back adn we would carpet clean all the rugs and carpets and offices in banks and other businesses and wipe and dust down and clean all the walk ways and out of town comerical cleaning and get paid for the travel and hotel rooms and food.
I would love to come back and work for these guys they are very great company to work with awesome staff and very friendly very relaxed and enjoy the wonderful staff I would recommend anyone to work for this company
This is definitely a fast paced place to work! Time management is key!! Be sure to dress appropriately, industrial chemicals are used and will burn so long sleeves and fully covered midriff are requirements.
Show up, work your building, trailer, washcars, etc and you and your supervisor will get along great.

It's not brain surgery but it's hard work and very satisfying.
This is an awesome company to work for ,I work by my self ,i really enjoy the job.when i go to work ,i check everything first ,then i start my cleaning .
It's a great place to work on. I just didn't have enough hours. Their manager was friendly but I didn't like it. I hope they changed their weakest spots.
Been working for this company for almost 2 years. Great that you get to work on our own in the evenings but in the almost 2 years i have been there they have given me more hours and then take hours away without notice after hiring new people. There is no room for advancement or no raises. They expect the buildings to be perfectly cleaned in a very short amount of time. and when they take the hours away they still expect the same amount work in less time.
Pros
work on your own
Cons
being rushed and not enough time to properly clean.
Bee clean maybe a good company but management not good in orillia manager plays favorites always worried about the smallest thing instead of big picture doesn't matter if your on time all the time or late. They have people being played to talk most of the day. Manger doctors pay cheques. Worst place to work people in build are nothing but nasty.
Pros
15 mins payed
Cons
Lunch not payed NO BENIFITS
A typical day includes driving 50 km to and from work. The company does not pay your gas and they do not pay overtime. The work hours start in the evening and usually the hours are 4-6 max hours aloud to work, anything over that is usually questioned and rearranged without your consent and if there is ever a time where over time has to be paid the supervisor will remove those hours from your time sheet without consent from the employee. This has happened to me twice while working for this company. There is no room for growth in this company. They also throw new jobs at you such as washing windows out side and inside the building you are assigned but they do not supply the proper window cleaning equipment and so you end up washing the windows anyway which can take quite a few hours to do but they dont give you an estimated time and that is when the over time is put down on the time sheet and then questioned and rearranged. You start to feel taken advantage of and all your hard work goes unnoticed all because they simply refuse to pay overtime. It is what it is.There is no stability.
Pros
I work alone
Cons
To many to list
it was my first real job my first shift was hard and a race
i had so much to do by the time i was done i was hungry,

being a janitor was no cake walk,

first time i was mad and tired, till they put me on the caff shift i loved it
Pros
great pay friendly co workers christmas party
Cons
homeless will steal cleaning supplies
I worked for Bee Clean for 10 years, started off at 10 dollars an hour, ended at 15 dollars an hour, that's a 50 cent raise every year...only thing is sometimes I wouldn't receive a raise for 2 or more years without having to argue with my boss about it. They made us clean up used needles, blood, and other bodily fluids without proper training and safety supplies to the extent that I had to go to Worksafe BC on two occasions to report that I felt un-safe there. I was verbally assaulted and spit at from mental health people using the building and when I reported it was told that they were glad that it happened outside the building as opposed to inside as then they weren't liable. They do not care about their employees and will do anything to get out of paying you severance pay or having to pay overtime. I would go so fair as to say that it is better to be on Social Assistance then work for these people.
Cons
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bee-Clean Building Maintenance. Our community is ready to answer.