Bee-Clean Building Maintenance

Bee-Clean Building Maintenance Employee Reviews in Ottawa, ON

Ottawa, ON20 reviews
Working in this company really depends on the location that you work at. If your lucky to have a competent supervisor, your overall work experience will be fine. If your not, you may be regretting taking the position.
Pros:
- Pay was OK

- Schedule was regular-ish

- Sometimes really slow, so it was easy to relax at times

Cons:

- Worst communication I've ever had a job

- Rules needed to be standardized, but people only found out through being yelled at by the management

- Big talk of safety, but actual safety leaves something to be desired (i.e. not communicating properly, not training properly, not disclosing all important info like getting fined if something was input improperly)

- Manager and supervisors would harass and bully people but never take any blame, especially if the person was POC or had difficulty communicating in English

- Union did jack all to protect its members

- No possibility of advancement, and doubly so if you're not in the favoured circle of employees. Management played favourites a lot.

- Management bragged about eavesdropping and spying on people through cameras.

This job is good while you're in between jobs, but staying here and hoping for any kind of advancement or respect is a waste of time. Management needs to learn soft skills to better manage employees. There is no reason a job as relaxed, easy and stable as this has a high turnover rate.
Worked as night shift supervisor
At the Ottawa Airport in the cleaning department

Which Bee Clean was a contractor to the airport cleaning service's

Had a great boss for the most part of my stay

At the airport you have the opportunity in meeting people all around the world.
Pros
Great people to work with bonus you meet lot's of different people all the time
Cons
Great hour's 7 am to 330 pm
Harassing people, very discriminative.
No teamwork at all.

No support, you are on your own.

No possibilities of advancement.

Useless management and coworkers
Cons
Bee clean was very relaxing environment in a very chaotic workplace. They are supportive, informative and have a coaching attitude. Most days are just slow paced and just monitoring a baggage system and moving bags when needed at a slow airport.
The relationship between management and crew was toxic, to say the least.

Management would regularly lie to both the crew, and the higher ups about a given situation. Nor would management take responsibility for any mistakes they would make, and would do their best to scapegoat a member of the crew.

The union also did nothing for us. We had no steward for the majority of my time working there.
Cons
For me I would say that training wasn't really a part of their "corporate program", mind you I knew what I was doing so that could have made them think that I didn't need training.
Pros
There's always a bit of work here and there
Cons
Work is short and the pay is not that great
Opportunities to work at multiple locations.
Always something to do, even when finished main duties.

Friendly, helpful, encouraging company & management staff.
Good company. Managers are kind and understanding. They ensure that you have a good life balance and ensure that fair and caring employment environment.
Bee clean has no advancement besides a shift lead position. Best as a stop gap job while looking for better employment. Job is very easy but leaves you feeling like you've wasted your time.
I think the company is a good place to work. The manager and my supervisor are very friendly and they both gave me lots of help which I do appreciate.
Bee-Clean Baggage service is a great company to work for. They offer a lot of advancement in their company however it is to long of a commute for me to continue.
Pros
great management and environment
Cons
too far from home
I have been at Bee Clean for almost 8 months. My boss and supervisor are very good people and are very supportive and understanding.
I work from 10:30pm-6:00am at the Westin hotel in Ottawa. My normal routine is cleaning the gyms in the pool area from 10:30pm-12:30am. Then from 12:45am-2:30am we clean all the washrooms and vacuum the hallways. Then from 3:00-4:30am Im either cleaning the employee washrooms in the basement or I am in the lobby cleaning all tables and furniture including the executive conference rooms.

The hardest part of the job is when you start to crash around 3:30 or 4am because working overnights is tough. My body has never gotten used to it even after 7 months.

The most enjoyable part is that my boss and supervisor are always there if you need help and they will always be supportive and stand up for their staff. I also get along with my co-workers. They are all good, hardworking people.
Pros
Good boss and good supervisor
Cons
Overnights, no health benefits
I was working for the cleaning company at the Ottawa airport, and my job was to basically clean the arrivals area, departures, customs, even cleaned the bathrooms for a couple months. Got to see airplanes take off and land which was pretty cool.
Pros
was pretty awesome
Cons
hours were pretty long
They promote men then beat women in the work place and blame the women when they come forward. They hide behind HR when it goes over their head and the hire on managers that don't know a single thing about the job they are doing.

You WILL hate your life if you work for this company.

Where I was working, the company was being paid upwards of 18$/h to have employees on site for each employee. However, the employees only got paid Min. Wage.

They were making money off of each one of us.

Not only that, but the working conditions were dangerous. It took over a month to fix a huge problem. While employees were getting injured.

The union is just there to take the employees money as well. They never showed up on site and never solved a single problem. If anything they were more buddy buddy with the management then anything else.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
the Ottawa airport is very safe and secure to work into., the Supervisor and my coworkers helps each other when some is need for a help.
I have learn , how to clean everything in house , the management was perfect, co-worker are friendly, the hardest part of job is , when the supervisor had a favor within the workers. the most enjoyable part of job is working together.
Pros
vacation, day off on holiday
A typical day at work is pretty busy depending on if your cleaning a bank of a government building, theres is always something to do.
The management is wonderful, they try their best to give you tasks that you are confident you can do a better job at.

The co-workers are always warm and friendly, i loved that i was able to get to know them and call many of them my friends.

The hardest part of the job is that there is almost always someone who will dirty something after its been cleaned but it is part of the job.

The most enjoyable part of the job is definitely getting to meet new people, making new friends and being able to take pride in your work at the end of the day.
Pros
free coffee, longer breaks, fun lunch hours, group activities and ideas
Cons
not a lot of pay, a lot of work, very long hours, schedule is hard to be flexible around.
I do like my job because I work there for more than 4yrs. I do like my bonding with my co-workers too but I voluntary resign due to the treatment of their employee.
This was my first job, I worked under one of my best friends at the time which was nice.
I worked 9-12 hours almost every day.

Cleaning the Corel center (Scotia bank place) now.

The employees were nice friendly and helpful.

The job was very strenuous on the body. Lots of walking, heavy lifting and manual labor.
Pros
free concerts and hockey game viewings
Cons
long long hours.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bee-Clean Building Maintenance. Our community is ready to answer.