Bee-Clean Building Maintenance

Bee-Clean Building Maintenance Employee Reviews

Canada344 reviews

beewashroomcleancleaningsupervisorgarbagebuildingsite

Seasonal Job

Decent minimum wage seasonal job. Best suited for students or people who are retired. Lovely staff to work with. Easy job and lots of time to study on the job.

Unproductive company

I worked for this company. I left because they do not give raises I fought for 6 months to get a raise, they gave me .10 after 3 yrs not going anywhere in the company I left. If you just want a job and don’t care about going up in the company or raises, this job is for you.

Pros

Hours are decent

Cons

Company does not care about their employees.

Insights into Bee-Clean Building Maintenance

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging

Very supportive management

Excellent management who appreciate me both as a person and an employee.They have been more than fair when I needed to take time off due to an ocular problem, as well as when I needed to go to UK earlier this year for an extended stay.

Pros

Flexible work schedule

Cons

No cons

A enjoyable place to work. Poor supervisor guidance

Staff at OCC were excellent. Great atmospher. You were always greeted with respect. Bee Clean maintenance very unorganized, poor supervisor and very unformative as to the maintenance of such a substantial building as well as not abiding or knowing the facilities regulation. Clueless and very unperfecinal. All communications is done by cellphone. No assistance when injuries occur by the maintenance company or by the supervisor of the company. You need to fend for yourself. Lack or no communication, you have no rights nor can you speach the truth. There are no benefits, it is spoken lies that you will receive benefits.

Great Company to work with!

Been in the company for almost a year now and my experience has been great! Everyone is friendly, approachable and welcoming! I have a very supportive manager and team in our department.

Really loved those I worked with, the job was straight to the point and busy in a good way.

I'm really gonna miss this job, even if it was "just janitorial." It was the best experience I had so far. The people I worked with were brilliant. I sincerely came to care about them, and I just hope that they're all doing well. The work itself was not difficult and you learned quickly. You always knew what was expected of you and you were given the means to ensure you could complete it. If you had a problem, you could always talk to the supervisor. He is a great person.A typical day included making your rounds; you ensured all the entrances were clear of debris, windows/handles/frames/sills were sanitized and wiped clear, benches and walls were cleaned up, the floors were swept and the bathrooms were squeaky clean. I'm sure theres some odds and ends I'm missing. You did extra duties and covered people as necessary. I did food court as well, and I'm gonna miss some of the customers...Overall... If I could have more experiences like this, I would be happy.Bee Clean is a good company. They hire good people. Wish I could still work there, to be honest.-S

Just sad on how they do lay-offs

They only gave us 1 week of notice before we were laid off... I wish if they laying us off there should be at least 2 weeks notice. Bee-Clean is unionize but the union does nothing regarding on layoffs

The people are nice

People are nice but upper management is useless. Big lack of support and leadership. They are unwilling to invest any money into people. Witnessed some unethical shady stuff.

Pros

Nice coworkers

Cons

Productive ? depends on the season , Easy job ? yes, Easy to pick up on and get on routine

On a positive note , time schedules are flexible and I'm able to have a work/life balance that works for my time & work itself isn't much of a stress or physical pain.

Simple work, relaxed environment, hours vary depending on season

Working at the Budweiser Gardens location.Managers and co-workers are easy to get along with, environment is fairly casual and the work is simple. If you're part time you'll likely be cleaning after events, which means your hours are entirely dependent on the number of events going on each month. This means there are very few shifts in the hockey/basketball off seasons.Easiest way to get in is by referral through a family member or friend. First day you'll be paired with somebody who knows what they're doing to guide you. You'll only need a day of training as the job mainly consists of picking up trash, sweeping, and mopping your assigned sections.Overall, I'm pleased with my experience with Bee-Clean so far.

Awful

Terrible place to work, wouldn’t work here for a million dollars. Management is terrible and rude when asked a question. They don’t pay you fairly. Zero benefits

Stressful and frustrating

Little to no communication from upper management to supervisors. No proper pay scale (new supervisors get signed for same pay or more than supervisors who have been there 5+ years. Little support, large resources (huge company). Large turn around rate which makes for new inexperienced cleaners.

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

Disorganized

Horrible place.

I worked at this place for the winter season. The management was uncaring of the employees. Only micro managers. Workplace culture was non-existent, the typical day consisted of cleaning dirty toilets or being bossed around by a "manager" most enjoyable part of job was leaving it.

Pros

Free Time

Friendly working enviroment

Friendly working environment, supervisors are nice. I have obtained good training. They pay on time. It's stressful but still acceptable. The salary range depends on your position.

fun coworkers

There is no appreciation in this company. You will need to work over time but never get compensated for it. Management has no respect for workers. Favouritism is key in this company. HR is on the companies side and not the workers. Office is not clean. Your hard work will go unnoticed and will be taken for granted.

Treat u like a number !!!

Good place if u like working alone as I have been doin , the pay could be better but it’s ok have to do five places tho to make a decent paycheque, other then that it’s a job that’s pays the bills The work is easy not very stressful but the person. Has to be dependable are you won’t last long

No stress job

Very flexible with schedules. I have a great and understanding supervisor and coworkers. Also just mostly clean by myself which is perfect. Didn't give me benefits for the past year. Salary stayed the same as well even with recent increases of minimum wage so now my salary technically went back to minimum.

Pros

Flexible hours, great coworkers and supervisor

Cons

No benefits. Poor job security. Nearly impossible advancement salary.

Absolutely terrible job

Please don't work for this company. They don't treat you fairly, they refuse doctor notes, and the management is terrible. take your services elsewhere that treat their staff fairly.

Pros

Cons

Tons, read above

Good

Medium to handle tasks, have to push a cart throughout the shift, which is typical for some jobs, but you have to push around something heavy all around the place in a day. Overall a good job.

Not a great place to work

Bee Clean takes advantage of immigrant workers, doesn't pay anyone fairly, and expects employees to fill shifts with no notice. If you value your time, do not work here. OT isn't paid correctly.

Unorganized lack of communication

Depressing, not a lot to do, lack of communication. You have to constantly hound the office staff to get things done. The courthouse where I cleaned is not a safe environment. There were hardly any trials going on so you cleaned stuff that never got touched ever over and over and over all day. You were looked down on by courthouse staff.It was nice if someone from the public was in and said thank you for keeping us safe. It was rare though.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bee-Clean Building Maintenance. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement