Bee-Clean Building Maintenance Employee Reviews

Ok place to work
Manager (Current Employee) –  BC8 November 2018
Days are long and clients are never happy. Promises of training but unless its free it never happens. I had looked at numerous courses that would have been beneficial but they were never approved.

Upper management is constantly only worried about the bottom line.
No real benefits to speak of, the company says it can't make it work although there are options out there. It all comes down to dollars an cents for the board of directors and owners. A well thought out retirement plan with a decent wage would create long term worthwhile employees.

Workplace culture is as expected in the local office, fun group to work with. The regional office expects you to do your job, but no one really appreciates the people below their level, and if something goes wrong they are quick to judge and to lay blame.

You are looked at as not really knowing anything if you don't have a university education or fit into their perception of what you be like, dress like or act like. If you question things, you are looked at as a trouble maker.

You are supposed to get yearly reviews for raises but these never happen due to they refuse to provide raises, they are always looking to replace you with new blood which is cheaper.
Constantly told to watch spending while upper management flies in and out on seaplanes instead of using a more affordable means like BC Ferries.

The hardest part is to continually show up for work and try to be happy to be there all the while wondering what is going to go wrong today. and the amount of paperwork that is required with limited staffing to achieve this is
  more... incredible.

You can feel work tension at other offices and levels, I used to believe that this would be a place you could actually build a future with, but that is not so or true anymore. If you are not under the eyes of the head office, little is known about you and you won't move up the ladder so to speak. Bee Clean has over the years achieved an "old boys club" feel to it.
Pros
Its a job and thankful to have one although constantly looking for something better.
Cons
Can be extremely demanding, frustrating and filled with last minute requests.
Beautiful Building...
Housekeeper/Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Hinton, AB19 October 2018
The forestry campus is cool inside some of the areas and it's neat to have a workplace surrounded by the woods.

BUT! I was let go without notice and I was told " you're detail is awesome, the best even, if I could clone you..you'd fit more independent work..etc"
I looked at my sheet and it said the opposite.. poor performance.
I knew I was let go because I clashed with someone that passed their probation. They cut a lot of corners, and tattled all the time over any petty thing they could think of. (You may even know them)

During that time, I picked up after them, and chose not to be petty/ stoop to their level ..aka stir up more drama in the workplace.

After I was let go, I was told there were cleaning options very close to where I lived, but later only got one really far away option that only paid $600. a month...and then never heard from them again

like really? some people are single parents that have no one, no support, no subsidy..etc
Pros
scenery
Cons
management, co-workers, high turn over, inconsistent training and hours, minimum wage, everything really.
bad supervisor
General Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 October 2018
the job was good decent pay a little more than minimum wage and benefits after 3 moths the only problem there was the supervisor and other employee who thought he was the owner of the company
benefits
Cons
bad management
Account Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC14 September 2018
During my typical workday, I am responsible for overseeing my teams as they progress on various assignments. I check in and help them with any issues they may be having and coaching. I keep in touch with clients, update them on our progress and make sure they are satisfied with the services.
cleaning with nice place to work as part time for a student
CLEANER (Former Employee) –  London, ON11 September 2018
cleaning for not more than 4 hours per shift with great management skills, with nice workplace culture everyone in team is ready to help the co worker, nothing much for the hardest part for this job
Excellent work environment
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 August 2018
Productive and fun work place. collaborative and professional team. good training process for new people and willing to help each other any time when needed. good benefits, also understand employees needs. good work place to improve in positions. in addition to that, it is a place where all the employees are treat as equal.
Toxic
Baggage Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON9 August 2018
The relationship between management and crew was toxic, to say the least.

Management would regularly lie to both the crew, and the higher ups about a given situation. Nor would management take responsibility for any mistakes they would make, and would do their best to scapegoat a member of the crew.

The union also did nothing for us. We had no steward for the majority of my time working there.
Great employment opportunities
Office cleaning and maintenance (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC8 August 2018
Cleaning floors and vacuuming carpets,,empty garbages in offices,clean and dust desks,clean washroom facilities and lunch rooms.clean windows. Clean and sterilize examination tables. Change fluorescent bulbs in offices.Overall cleaning of building.Have done the Completed WHMIS module. I love working evenings.
Pros
work independently
Cons
no cons
The best company I have ever worked for
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 July 2018
Gained good experience. Management is very good. Family oriented culture. The management and bosses are supportive. You have the freedom to be yourself. Everyone is treated with respect
Cleaning
Parking Lot Attendant (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB26 July 2018
The most enjoyable part is finishing my everyday work, my obligation and responsibilities. The hardest part of the job is the same with other jobs, nothing is easy but the important thing is working and finishing the job with a high quality work.
This company is the worst company ever.
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Nelson, BC12 July 2018
I worked for Bee Clean for 10 years, started off at 10 dollars an hour, ended at 15 dollars an hour, that's a 50 cent raise every year...only thing is sometimes I wouldn't receive a raise for 2 or more years without having to argue with my boss about it. They made us clean up used needles, blood, and other bodily fluids without proper training and safety supplies to the extent that I had to go to Worksafe BC on two occasions to report that I felt un-safe there. I was verbally assaulted and spit at from mental health people using the building and when I reported it was told that they were glad that it happened outside the building as opposed to inside as then they weren't liable. They do not care about their employees and will do anything to get out of paying you severance pay or having to pay overtime. I would go so fair as to say that it is better to be on Social Assistance then work for these people.
Cons
I have always enjoyed working for beeclean
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Quesnel, BC9 July 2018
My work experience with beeclean was very rewarding,I have learned a lot in the years I worked there.for example using my time in a productive way , making sure I paid attention to detail and having tool box meetings every day. Working as a team and making sure everything got accomplished.i woul not hesitate to go back to beeclean at all
Report this company to the Ministry of Labour
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 June 2018
At the site I use to work at employees were working with hazardous chemicals without proper training or a WHMIS certificate when requested multiple times they still wouldn't receive training
Site supervisor kept work place label's where employees couldn't access them if needed most employees did not know where the work place labels were kept as they were kept in a room only the site supervisor could access and due to this issue many bottles were unlabled yet had chemicals being used in them
Management is not qualified for there position they hold
I could go on, best part about this job was leaving it
Pros
Cons
Too many too list
simple job
Janitorial Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB14 June 2018
cleaned the administration offices and bathrooms. we learned how to work within the correctional institution. there was nothing hard about the positions. the enjoyable apart about the location is that you can work on your own and at your own pace.
Pros
short work days
Cons
no wage increases
PT/Supervisor/Office Cleaning (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 June 2018
I enjoyed checking on the quality of the work done by the other staff members. It taught me how to manage staff and is helping me to move forward with my career.
Friendly work environment
Assistant Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 June 2018
Management is nice and good. The workplace is safe for every one. The employees need some learned how to cooperate each other so that the work will be done at on time.
Pros
Sometimes they give us free lunch and very fun place to work
Cons
physically tired
Fun workplace
Cleaning Crew (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 May 2018
Learned New Skills With Working At Bee Clean Such As House Keeping, Fast Pace Cleaning. The Work Environment Was Enjoyable . CoWorkers Were Nice. Management Made Sure Job Was Done .
Pros
Awesome Management
Cons
Short Breaks
cleaning experience
Cleaning Contractor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 May 2018
i really enjoyed myself, i had a good time doing what i like to do, i was always on task, never need to redo my job, im good with other people i had to work with at the site.
Pros
1 hour breaks thought out our whole shift
Cons
on your feet for long period of time, bending over
fun
Janitor (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 May 2018
8am - 4pm Monday to Friday with the ability to work weekends. Perform cleaning duties such as disinfect and stock kitchens and washrooms. Sweep and mop floors. Wash walls and dust and wipe down counters. Management was pretty good , always felt appreciated and employees were rewarded monthly for attendance and going above and beyond in there cleaning duties. Hardest part of the job was it could be physically demanding at times and very repetitive. Most enjoyable part of the job was the staff parties ( potlucks, Christmas celebrations) as well as the clients.
fun workplace
Cleaner/Building Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK3 May 2018
fun and exciting people to work with every day, no one putting each other down. an overall great place to work for. management is nice and the tenants are even nicer,