Bee-Clean Building Maintenance Employee Reviews

Toxic
Baggage Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON9 August 2018
The relationship between management and crew was toxic, to say the least.

Management would regularly lie to both the crew, and the higher ups about a given situation. Nor would management take responsibility for any mistakes they would make, and would do their best to scapegoat a member of the crew.

The union also did nothing for us. We had no steward for the majority of my time working there.
Cons
The best company I have ever worked for
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 July 2018
Gained good experience. Management is very good. Family oriented culture. The management and bosses are supportive. You have the freedom to be yourself. Everyone is treated with respect
Cleaning
Parking Lot Attendant (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB26 July 2018
The most enjoyable part is finishing my everyday work, my obligation and responsibilities. The hardest part of the job is the same with other jobs, nothing is easy but the important thing is working and finishing the job with a high quality work.
This company is the worst company ever.
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Nelson, BC12 July 2018
I worked for Bee Clean for 10 years, started off at 10 dollars an hour, ended at 15 dollars an hour, that's a 50 cent raise every year...only thing is sometimes I wouldn't receive a raise for 2 or more years without having to argue with my boss about it. They made us clean up used needles, blood, and other bodily fluids without proper training and safety supplies to the extent that I had to go to Worksafe BC on two occasions to report that I felt un-safe there. I was verbally assaulted and spit at from mental health people using the building and when I reported it was told that they were glad that it happened outside the building as opposed to inside as then they weren't liable. They do not care about their employees and will do anything to get out of paying you severance pay or having to pay overtime. I would go so fair as to say that it is better to be on Social Assistance then work for these people.
Cons
I have always enjoyed working for beeclean
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Quesnel, BC9 July 2018
My work experience with beeclean was very rewarding,I have learned a lot in the years I worked there.for example using my time in a productive way , making sure I paid attention to detail and having tool box meetings every day. Working as a team and making sure everything got accomplished.i woul not hesitate to go back to beeclean at all
Report this company to the Ministry of Labour
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 June 2018
At the site I use to work at employees were working with hazardous chemicals without proper training or a WHMIS certificate when requested multiple times they still wouldn't receive training
Site supervisor kept work place label's where employees couldn't access them if needed most employees did not know where the work place labels were kept as they were kept in a room only the site supervisor could access and due to this issue many bottles were unlabled yet had chemicals being used in them
Management is not qualified for there position they hold
I could go on, best part about this job was leaving it
Pros
Cons
Too many too list
simple job
Janitorial Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB14 June 2018
cleaned the administration offices and bathrooms. we learned how to work within the correctional institution. there was nothing hard about the positions. the enjoyable apart about the location is that you can work on your own and at your own pace.
Pros
short work days
Cons
no wage increases
PT/Supervisor/Office Cleaning (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 June 2018
I enjoyed checking on the quality of the work done by the other staff members. It taught me how to manage staff and is helping me to move forward with my career.
Friendly work environment
Assistant Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 June 2018
Management is nice and good. The workplace is safe for every one. The employees need some learned how to cooperate each other so that the work will be done at on time.
Pros
Sometimes they give us free lunch and very fun place to work
Cons
physically tired
Fun workplace
Cleaning Crew (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 May 2018
Learned New Skills With Working At Bee Clean Such As House Keeping, Fast Pace Cleaning. The Work Environment Was Enjoyable . CoWorkers Were Nice. Management Made Sure Job Was Done .
Pros
Awesome Management
Cons
Short Breaks
cleaning experience
Cleaning Contractor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 May 2018
i really enjoyed myself, i had a good time doing what i like to do, i was always on task, never need to redo my job, im good with other people i had to work with at the site.
Pros
1 hour breaks thought out our whole shift
Cons
on your feet for long period of time, bending over
fun
Janitor (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 May 2018
8am - 4pm Monday to Friday with the ability to work weekends. Perform cleaning duties such as disinfect and stock kitchens and washrooms. Sweep and mop floors. Wash walls and dust and wipe down counters. Management was pretty good , always felt appreciated and employees were rewarded monthly for attendance and going above and beyond in there cleaning duties. Hardest part of the job was it could be physically demanding at times and very repetitive. Most enjoyable part of the job was the staff parties ( potlucks, Christmas celebrations) as well as the clients.
fun workplace
Cleaner/Building Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK3 May 2018
fun and exciting people to work with every day, no one putting each other down. an overall great place to work for. management is nice and the tenants are even nicer,
fast paced, place of work
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB28 April 2018
usually day of work includes vacuuming, mopping, cleaning washrooms, and cleaning windows. Refilling various necessities, such as paper towels, toilet paper, garbage bags.
Fun work place
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB8 April 2018
The worst company ever.
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Somewhere15 March 2018
Working for Bee-Clean was the worst experience ever. There as crooked as they come. The employees are over worked and under paid. They don’t follow union rules. They make up there own. They treat there employees like garbage if they don’t do the job properly due to an overload of work. They punish them by sending them letters and suspend them. They cut back on employees and stock. Management is unexperienced and unprofessional. I wouldn’t recommend anyone to this company.
Pros
The only good thing is the other employees are great
Cons
Unprofessional, unethical, crooked
positive
Sanitation Engineer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 March 2018
This is a good place to work, but there is no room for advancement. However, it is a full time, dependable job, I've merely outgrown it and am looking to advance my career.
Very hard work poor
Floor care (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB11 March 2018
I worked alone in a 2 person position for over a year? My health has suffered greatly due to this. I went from 170 lbs to 87lbs at my lowest I am back up to 120 and still don’t feel healthy...
Pros
You are alone
Cons
You are alonr
Great Leadership, Learned a lot
EH&S Advisor (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB25 February 2018
I was lucky to work with some great people, i really tried hard to do my best because I they cared about their jobs which made me care about mine and they cared about the people under them as well.
It is fun, clean and nice workplace. Friendly co-workers, supervisors, manager and also the tenants working im the building. Always greet you with smi
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  First canadian place, Toronto Ontario17 February 2018
It is fun, clean and nice workplace. Friendly co-workers, supervisors, manager and also the tenants working in the building. Always greet you with smile.
Pros
Free snacks
Cons
Short hours