Beddington Trail Animal Hospital

Beddington Trail Animal Hospital Employee Reviews

Canada12 reviews

clean professional establishment

loved the people I worked with and the animals. Hardest part was dealing with families that had to put their animal down :(

Pros

The Animals

Cons

not enough hours

Can be fun but demoralizing, undervalued and under appreciated

There are times when this place can be fun. But it's greatly overshadowed by the fact that everyone is overworked, VERY underpaid and VERY under appreciated by the owner and manager. Nothing the staff does is ever good enough for either of them and staff ALWAYS get the brunt of the manager's bad day. The owner will also make excuses if something goes wrong during surgery and not be forward about the causes to clients, then make other staff tell the clients about it. He and the manager also give laughable raises ($0.50 per raise) then make excuses as to why they cannot give anything reasonable no matter how long you've worked there. Staff are also expected to work overtime when asked-for very little appreciation, much like when they are on regular scheduling. They have ZERO consideration for mental health, but also talk bad about you to the other staff if taking a physical or mental health break. Nothing is kept in private; the whole clinic will know if there's any issues with the manager whether personal or professional. It doesn't help that clients will verbally abuse the staff and the management and owner seem to not have as much concern as they should. There is also NO consideration for when you're snowed in and have tried EVERYTHING to get there and can't, or when you're sick and have to call in-they get mad for lack of work ethic and complain about being short-staffed.

Poorly Managed Veterinary Clinic

Basically operates like a chop shop—constantly over-booking surgeries cheap for minimum care. Has illegal expectations of staff to take part in handling drugs and assisting during surgeries without proper training or qualifications. Vets are overworked and management was absent.

Pros

Decent Hours

Cons

Poor management, illegal practices, unprofessional and no scheduled breaks.

First job

With this being my first job in the veterinary industry i have nothing but positive things to say. This definitely isn't an easy job or industry to work in but it is always very rewarding. This was one of my favorite places to work at because of the great team i was surrounded with and i got to play with a lot of puppies. I definitely would recommend working here!

Terrible - Avoid at all costs

I was hired on as a tech assistant/receptionist, and after 8 hours, I left crying and knew I would never be back. The girls are very two faced with a superiority complex, and the doctors never talk or address you often. The hiring manager left me to my own devices after the first hour or so, so I was left scrambling trying to follow the other girls around. There were no introductions, and no tour or the establishment, basically just left to figure things out on your own time. It’s a terribly run clinic, and I’ve heard secondhand from many people that they’re just in it for the money. Proper protocols are not followed (tech assistants are made to do tech jobs) and nobody seems happy to be working there. In only a short amount of time, I witnessed racism towards a patron, someone yelling at a scared puppy who had just woken from surgery, eye rolls and complaints over customer questions, and fake/non cancelled appointments so the front end girls could have more time to sit around. 100% recommend staying away from this place if you have any sense of morals.

Pros

Clinic cats

Cons

Everything else

Unless it's life or death....

I would 100% never recommend this place to anyone unless it was a dire situation. The management/ tech is a joke who makes the schedual and does the paychecks (in which hrs are missing for some people) and that is the extent of her capabilities. The owner/ head vet undermines and yells at his staff in front of clients and only cares about his sales totals at the end of the day. There is 0 training when you first start. Just a day or two of following someone around then they throw you in the deep end and expect you to know how to swim and get mad if you don't. If you have no experience in the veterinary field this is not the place to start. Proper protocols and procedure are not followed, you are never made aware of changes. Used needles get thrown in the garbage instead of properly and safely disposed of. No benefits for full time people. Ridiculously sad min. Wage pay for all the work, knowledge and skill you have to have to do this job. I would definitely look at working for a VCA hospital before considering working here. Culture with co workers was good and I liked most of the ladies I worked with. Clinic cats are the cutest and will miss them.

Avoid Employment Here If You Can

I accepted my position at Beddington Trail Animal Hospital with a lot of excitement and hope. Unfortunately, everything went downhill from there. If you are looking to earn minimum wage for a maximum workload plus some, this is the place. Employees are treated poorly, barely trained, and left to solve managerial level problems by themselves. The manager/technician is unapproachable, leaves for hours at a time in the day, (or simply leaves early and never returns) leaving the assistants to fend for themselves during the work day. The clinic is disorganized and consistently overbooked so you always feel like you are trying to catch up and cannot properly attend to clients as well as you’d like. The only nice thing was the animals :)

Dictatorship

Incompetent management and techs ... Unfortunately this place will drag you down into a hopeless pit of despair. Also not a good practice at all this is not a good place to learn as they do not follow proper protocol. Maybe good for high school students as they seem to have a very immature way of handling employees and clients .. No stability and no compensation. Not a good place to work if your looking to get into the animal medicine industry.

Pros

Clinic cats

Cons

Inadequate management

A great place to get exploited

get exploited by getting overbooked ,no lunch time and have to eat your lunch between appointments, No paid CE. No culture of working environment. The technician does not know how to use oral radiograph machine and take oral radiographs, the dental x ray machine is decorative. In the end, you have to make a complaint to the government to get your overtime working hours and vacations after 5 months waiting. If you get employed, ask for a written contract with all the details mentioned in the ad. Think twice before applying for this place.

Avoid employment there as a vet

You will get No written contract, no benefits, at all, as the O wants to take the advance of you in his benefit.On the ads, it says, generous CE and benefits. Not true. No vet there has paid CE. The O only pays the AbVMA fee. No lunch time. You have to rush from one room to the other room to do the appointments. In the end, you have to complain to the AES to get your vacations. It’s reputation negatively affect your resume. There are fur better palaces to work for , in Calgary.

Pros

Good Colleagues

Cons

No benefit, No lunch time, overbooking

Jobs at Beddington Trail Animal Hospital