Bed Bath & Beyond Management reviews

Found 87 reviews matching the search See all 5,410 reviews
Toxic and disrespectful Management
Sales Associate/Drapery Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON10 March 2019
BBB Richmond Hill's management is disrespectful and inconsiderate of all of their employees. They are quick to judge and talk trash about their employees in front of their customers. There is no room for growth or a reasonable pay raise for any deserved effort. They always mess up the schedule, every single week they are revising and revising until there is no one working on the floor... its a real mess. I honestly beg you to stay away from this place, and you will know why when you get the job and instantly see it for what it is.
Pros
learn how to stand up for yourself
Cons
everything
Would never recommend.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK1 March 2019
Terrible company to work for. Consistently receiving conflicting information on things. Seniority apparently means nothing to them; giving new hires more hours than employees that have been with them since store set up. Cut people’s hours to as low as 4 hours a week. Don’t give their cashiers return codes so you are always waiting for a manager which makes it look like you can’t do your job and leaves customers annoyed.
Cons
Cut hours relentlessly
Productive and relaxed work place
Senior Receiver (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC16 January 2019
Received different vendors throughout the day and at scheduled times. Was left mostly alone to receive stock, price, put away and stock as necessary. Management was always available to answer questions and suggest other ways of doing things. The hardest part of the job was not having enough personnel at key periods to assist in other duties.
Pros
Great work place
Cons
Not enough staff at times
Productive work environment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON14 January 2019
I enjoyed working here as it built up my ability to work in the customer service/ retail industry. I mostly enjoyed my day to day activities but management was very hard to work with especially with a school schedule.
Pros
flexible
Cons
late shifts
Friendly people, unbalanced workload
Inventory Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 January 2019
Lots of work to do in a single day, usually can't get every task completed due to lack of time, and expectations. Management can be friendly, but usually don't understand the workload. Co-workers are friendly and caring people, usually content to keep to their own departments.

There is no backup coverage for time-off, so work usually builds up.
Bad place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON18 December 2018
Bad place to work nothing more to say. Very bad place to work. At first it was okay but after some months you will see there true color. The manager will treat you like you are nothing and go from working full time hours to working twice a week to only 4 hour shift which was only 8 hour shift for every week
Fun work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Rocky View, AB16 December 2018
All co workers were great, most management was as well but certain managers made work stressful. The minute you arrived at work you felt welcome, especially as someone new.
Pros
paid 15 min breaks
Cons
manager was very immature
Productive and easy going
Front end associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 December 2018
There is always work to do. Process returns, Sorting the hard side and soft side carts. sweeping the cue, Fixing the welcome mats or towels at the front entrance.
They don't give much shifts or hours...I once worked a 3 hour shift...
The management is very friendly, open and welcoming but also very serious when need be.
This job is not hard at all it's just a bit busy at times but nothing too crazy. This job is perfect for a student but you need to let them know and be firm about what your availability is. A lot of my coworkers would complain about being scheduled when they weren't available.
The job itself is really good, It would be amazing if we could choose our shifts or at least be able to work extra hours
Pros
major discounted items to order + free snacks sometimes
Cons
not many hours
the stars say it all
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Balzac, AB9 November 2018
really it was all the managements fault for making it such a rigid environment where you feel like you could have your head bitten off at any moment. most managers were great but when the store head manager came in the mood changed in a second.
This company will suck the life out of you
Employee (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON7 November 2018
If you value your sanity, do not work at this company if your life depends on it. I say this with complete honesty, and having worked in retail for over 8 years, I’ve had my fair share of experience with a couple different companies. Bed Bath and Beyond has absolutely no regard for its employees well being in any way, shape, or form. The pay is minimum wage, which is normal for retail, there’s absolutely no benefits of any kind, because the company doesn’t care about their employees to that extent, and the management and HR is absolutely garbage. Their empathy towards employees, whether you’ve worked for this company for 9 months or 9 years, is pathetic. The management is run by Hitler-esque wannabes, at my location in particular, who try to get you fired for even the smallest of reasons. There’s an employee anonymous help line for any complaints, that does absolutely nothing to help it’s workers, no matter what the reason. The Brampton location is an absolute disgrace and I encourage anyone to stay far, far away from Bed Bath and Beyond. I wouldn’t come back to work here for triple the hourly pay I was being paid.
Pros
Working here makes you want to do better things in life
Cons
Absolutely everything
Terrible pay for hard work!!
Associate (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK11 September 2018
I was informed today that no employee is allowed to book off time during "Black-out dates", those being from mid-November until early January!!!! My anniversary and my grandmothers birthday is in December and the only time I am able to go home to spend time with my family is over the Christmas holidays, but apparently those don't exist at Bed Bath & Beyond. I am happy with my co-workers, not happy with my paycheck, not happy with the "black-out dates". If you don't mind working your butt off for less than $1 over minimum wage, then definitely come work here.
Pros
Employee discounts, coworkers
Cons
minimum pay, management
Okay place, no room for advancement
Cashier and Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK7 September 2018
The people that I work with are all generally really kind, and I've met some amazing friends here- the management is also good for the most part. However, there is no room to move up in the company at all, no raises other than a 25 cent yearly raise no matter how many departments you're trained in, and the Christmas hours are absolutely nuts. It is a very physically demanding job, and the pay doesn't equate to the amount of work employees do. I think a lot of the problems with this company start at the top of the management chain, and there are definitely things that need to be changed to make it better for their employees. Also, a lot of the customers are really rude and get mad at employees for things that they have no control over.
Pros
Good coworkers, discount
Cons
Minimum pay for maximum work, rude customers, no room for advancement
Clean working environment and helpful coworkers
Part-time Employee (Retail) (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON7 September 2018
-Day would always start with all clocking-in employees being huddled up and informed about the their daily tasks and what the daily budget, safety and customer standards were.
-Management is great as they would help us whenever we needed it.
-Cleaning up was the hardest part of the job.
Pros
free lunches on events
Cons
working by yourself in a lot of situations
4 Years of Work, No Advancement.
Inventory Control Clerk (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 September 2018
Low pay for the amount of work you're expected to complete.
Management is never on the same page.
Little to no job advancement, without kissing someone higher-ups butt.
Management was not understanding at all for personal struggles/time off.
Employees were wonderful.
Pros
Coworkers.
Cons
Everything else.
ok job for students
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL8 August 2018
Good people to work with on the floor.
Management sometimes hard to work with, even hired on as a part time student they were unwilling to adjust scheduling based on school, often scheduled more hours than available and outside of availability without first seeing if you could work.
Pros
good people on the floor
Cons
difficult management
Unrealistic demands
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC26 July 2018
While striving to expand their online sales competitiveness as well as reduce their square footage and stoee staffing levels the company still expects lofty sales numbers from overworked underpaid employees who have inadequate knowledge.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Everything else
Wonderful co-workers, Not the best management.
Sales Associate and Cashier (Current Employee) –  East Gwillimbury, ON25 July 2018
Customers and guests are usually pleasant, co-workers and teamwork is amazing. So kind and all working together. Store management is less than desirable.
Pros
Wonderful co-workers and mangers, rewarding, teamwork.
Cons
Hard physical work, rude customers, management.
Best retail job
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE3 July 2018
I've been here for almost 2 years and I still enjoy it. The incentives program makes the job worth it. They feed us on large holidays and have cakes when someone is leaving or coming back. The management is amazing and I love my fellow staff. I've made great friends working there and I genuinely do love working there.
Pros
Free food, employee incentives, benefits, raises, flexible schedules
Cons
Angry customers about things beyond your control
Fun work and easy
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON19 June 2018
Workplace culture is fun ad fast paced while still not being too difficult. Management was nice and accommodating with hours. Co workers were very friendly as well.
No time to relax, Just work, projects, cash, Inventory, meetings... next day same routine
Lead Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 June 2018
Day start with freight forward to floor and top & back stocking
Hurdle time - 15 to 5 min. depends who's are attending it.
Management - great learning in terms of floor planning, profit, execution, review , Projects on your own, word of appreciation and celebration on hurdles.. Great Benefits.
Tiring part is you are on your own on doing projects, on your feet all the time.
Enjoyable part is - you come across good people in work and as customers.
would recommend if your are chosen - "Retail is career for you"
Pros
Benefits and Product Incentives
Cons
less staff leads to work burden

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bed Bath & Beyond. Our community is ready to answer.

51.3K