Bed Bath & Beyond Management reviews

Found 78 reviews matching the search See all 5,094 reviews
the stars say it all
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Balzac, AB9 November 2018
really it was all the managements fault for making it such a rigid environment where you feel like you could have your head bitten off at any moment. most managers were great but when the store head manager came in the mood changed in a second.
This company will suck the life out of you
Employee (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON7 November 2018
If you value your sanity, do not work at this company if your life depends on it. I say this with complete honesty, and having worked in retail for over 8 years, I’ve had my fair share of experience with a couple different companies. Bed Bath and Beyond has absolutely no regard for its employees well being in any way, shape, or form. The pay is minimum wage, which is normal for retail, there’s absolutely no benefits of any kind, because the company doesn’t care about their employees to that extent, and the management and HR is absolutely garbage. Their empathy towards employees, whether you’ve worked for this company for 9 months or 9 years, is pathetic. The management is run by Hitler-esque wannabes, at my location in particular, who try to get you fired for even the smallest of reasons. There’s an employee anonymous help line for any complaints, that does absolutely nothing to help it’s workers, no matter what the reason. The Brampton location is an absolute disgrace and I encourage anyone to stay far, far away from Bed Bath and Beyond. I wouldn’t come back to work here for triple the hourly pay I was being paid.
Pros
Working here makes you want to do better things in life
Cons
Absolutely everything
Manager
Operations Manager, Bed Bath & Beyond Newmarket (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 September 2018
Terrible work life balance. Good customer focus. Terrible people skills in head office leadership. Would not suggest working here if you want to see your family.
Terrible pay for hard work!!
Associate (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK11 September 2018
I was informed today that no employee is allowed to book off time during "Black-out dates", those being from mid-November until early January!!!! My anniversary and my grandmothers birthday is in December and the only time I am able to go home to spend time with my family is over the Christmas holidays, but apparently those don't exist at Bed Bath & Beyond. I am happy with my co-workers, not happy with my paycheck, not happy with the "black-out dates". If you don't mind working your butt off for less than $1 over minimum wage, then definitely come work here.
Pros
Employee discounts, coworkers
Cons
minimum pay, management
Okay place, no room for advancement
Cashier and Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK7 September 2018
The people that I work with are all generally really kind, and I've met some amazing friends here- the management is also good for the most part. However, there is no room to move up in the company at all, no raises other than a 25 cent yearly raise no matter how many departments you're trained in, and the Christmas hours are absolutely nuts. It is a very physically demanding job, and the pay doesn't equate to the amount of work employees do. I think a lot of the problems with this company start at the top of the management chain, and there are definitely things that need to be changed to make it better for their employees. Also, a lot of the customers are really rude and get mad at employees for things that they have no control over.
Pros
Good coworkers, discount
Cons
Minimum pay for maximum work, rude customers, no room for advancement
Clean working environment and helpful coworkers
Part-time Employee (Retail) (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON7 September 2018
-Day would always start with all clocking-in employees being huddled up and informed about the their daily tasks and what the daily budget, safety and customer standards were.
-Management is great as they would help us whenever we needed it.
-Cleaning up was the hardest part of the job.
Pros
free lunches on events
Cons
working by yourself in a lot of situations
4 Years of Work, No Advancement.
Inventory Control Clerk (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 September 2018
Low pay for the amount of work you're expected to complete.
Management is never on the same page.
Little to no job advancement, without kissing someone higher-ups butt.
Management was not understanding at all for personal struggles/time off.
Employees were wonderful.
Pros
Coworkers.
Cons
Everything else.
Unrealistic demands
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC26 July 2018
While striving to expand their online sales competitiveness as well as reduce their square footage and stoee staffing levels the company still expects lofty sales numbers from overworked underpaid employees who have inadequate knowledge.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Everything else
Wonderful co-workers, Not the best management.
Sales Associate and Cashier (Current Employee) –  East Gwillimbury, ON25 July 2018
Customers and guests are usually pleasant, co-workers and teamwork is amazing. So kind and all working together. Store management is less than desirable.
Pros
Wonderful co-workers and mangers, rewarding, teamwork.
Cons
Hard physical work, rude customers, management.
Best retail job
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE3 July 2018
I've been here for almost 2 years and I still enjoy it. The incentives program makes the job worth it. They feed us on large holidays and have cakes when someone is leaving or coming back. The management is amazing and I love my fellow staff. I've made great friends working there and I genuinely do love working there.
Pros
Free food, employee incentives, benefits, raises, flexible schedules
Cons
Angry customers about things beyond your control
Fun work and easy
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON19 June 2018
Workplace culture is fun ad fast paced while still not being too difficult. Management was nice and accommodating with hours. Co workers were very friendly as well.
No time to relax, Just work, projects, cash, Inventory, meetings... next day same routine
Lead Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 June 2018
Day start with freight forward to floor and top & back stocking
Hurdle time - 15 to 5 min. depends who's are attending it.
Management - great learning in terms of floor planning, profit, execution, review , Projects on your own, word of appreciation and celebration on hurdles.. Great Benefits.
Tiring part is you are on your own on doing projects, on your feet all the time.
Enjoyable part is - you come across good people in work and as customers.
would recommend if your are chosen - "Retail is career for you"
Pros
Benefits and Product Incentives
Cons
less staff leads to work burden
Friendly workplace with easy workload
Front End Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 June 2018
The management were all extremely friendly and understanding, along with everyone else working there. The hardest part of the job is dealing with sometimes unreasonable customers but, it is easily made up for by the friendly coworkers and considerably easily workload.
Pros
Understanding management, free food (sometimes), free cake on some birthdays
Cons
long hours, annoying customers
great atmosphere with pepole willing to help you, great displays
soft side lead (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB31 May 2018
a typical work day, managers do morning huddle and infuse some fun, next reports for down stock are printed and worked on as a team, list will be left to work on, i spend my shift helping customers, helping fellow staff members and completing tasks. it can be hard to complete everything in a shift, the managers are understanding and vary willing to help, having helpful management creates a relaxed and comfortable environment for all.
Busy and productive workplace
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON20 May 2018
Always had a task to complete as it was a very busy workplace. Helped me learn key skills like, time management, how to order products online and how to use a cash register.
Pros
20% discount off of merchandise
Cons
Long working hours
Terrible management, terrible hours
Front End Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON3 May 2018
From the day I was hired I was lied to and lead to believe I would be full time. Scheduling is inconsistent (one week you get 32 hours, the next you get 10 hours) and not at all flexible to the employee's needs.

They don't value hardworking employees, just the ones who suck up to management. The store manager looks for reasons to put you down and never recognises your accomplishments.

Management will sit at their desks playing games on their phones while the few staff members working are trying to help multiple customers at once.

When minimum wage increased, all staff lost their hard earned raises and were only making 10 cents more than newly hired employees.
Pros
Good prices on staff incentive items
Cons
Shifts are either too long or too short and very inconsistent, favouritism is a problem, no benefits, full time, or chance for advancement
Awesome Retail Store, Bad Management
Associate (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON27 April 2018
BBB Is a breath of fresh air when it comes to retail stores. The company really values it's customer, safety and product training. There's a significant amount of training to insure you feel comfortable on the job. They are typically very flexible with days off. Great return policy for customers, but us as the associates we see some pretty gross stuff come back. My biggest thing I dislike about this job is the management, they like to power trip.
Bad company culture
MANAGER, DEVELOPMENT TRAINER (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON20 March 2018
Very small payroll provided depending on the location. District level management is very 'bush league' to say the least. The company does not treat their Management well. Heavy focus on meeting sales plan however to payroll provided to support sales associates.
Good people, Bad leadership
Front End Lead (Current Employee) –  Calgary, Ab4 January 2018
If you are looking for a place to work where you can do almost nothing all day and never get fired, this is the place for you. You need to actively try to get fired here, and even then, you may not be let go.

They promise befits, and flexible hours, but its a lie. Don't get me wrong, you are given flexible hours. That one isn't too much of a problem, until people abuse the system. One key holder would only work Mon-Fri 9-5 and refused to work any other time. At a retail place. Only recently did they put their foot down.
And you are eligible for benefits, if you are full time. Good luck getting full time. Only management and some "replan" (the people that take care of stock) are actually full time. They also told us that if you are responsible for stopping a theft, we are eligible for a reward. The key word there is "Eligible" and that wasn't made clear. I stopped $800 of stuff from walking out the door. I got nothing. A co worker stopped $1,000 and she got a T-Shirt. And only because she asked.

I absolutely love the people I work with (Most of them at least) and I like my mangers. All these problems come from poor Regional and Corporate policies. And I know its easy to brush off a poor review, but I am a person that has worked there for many years, much like a lot of my co workers. Its not because they have great hiring structure, but because no one, no matter how incompetent, gets fired.
Pros
You can get Cheap Stuff
Cons
Little chance of getting full time, 0 reward for stopping theft, higher management is spineless.
Great job but unfriendly management
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB30 December 2017
Management started friendly but under stress revealed unpleasant side. Time off is rarely approved as they are very short staffed however the job itself is pleasant.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bed Bath & Beyond. Our community is ready to answer.

51.3K