Bed Bath & Beyond Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Found 37 reviews matching the search See all 5,811 reviews
Fun workplace
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  140-600 Empress St E2 July 2019
Good place to work at, the staff become your friends. They're very helpful and they train you well so you know what you're doing. They're pretty good when it comes to hours and understanding if you're a student which is a plus.
Customer Service
Customer Service Lead (Former Employee) –  London, ON24 May 2019
Passionate about customer service. You never say no to a customer, you learn how to think on your feet and enjoy working in the retail environment. Here I started putting the store together, once opened I started at front end, became a bridal consultant lead, doing administration and going to all the bridal shows in the area. I then had the opportunity to go to a brand new store and train cashiers and became a front end lead. Only hard part was this position was also only part time.
Good people to work with, but the management is messed up
Customer Service & Front End (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON18 March 2019
There is so much I have to say, but in summary the people are really good to work with, but the management is very poor. Don't expect too much from them because they don't care about you...they only use you when they need you.
Productive work environment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON14 January 2019
I enjoyed working here as it built up my ability to work in the customer service/ retail industry. I mostly enjoyed my day to day activities but management was very hard to work with especially with a school schedule.
Pros
flexible
Cons
late shifts
Bad place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON18 December 2018
Bad place to work nothing more to say. Very bad place to work. At first it was okay but after some months you will see there true color. The manager will treat you like you are nothing and go from working full time hours to working twice a week to only 4 hour shift which was only 8 hour shift for every week
the stars say it all
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Balzac, AB9 November 2018
really it was all the managements fault for making it such a rigid environment where you feel like you could have your head bitten off at any moment. most managers were great but when the store head manager came in the mood changed in a second.
Fun place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 October 2018
I had fun working here. The managers and my coworkers were all amazing. The hours were good too. The pay was also pretty decent as well. I miss working there.
lots of learning
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC16 October 2018
Being my first job, I got to learn lots from my then manager whom I wish all the managers would be like him. He was the best and made the place fun and entertaining.
Chill and easy to learn job duties
customer service (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 September 2018
Overall the atmosphere working at BBB for me was an overall positive experience, managers are understanding and willing to help you adapt in new positions. Everyone is pretty nice and its a chill place to work
Pros
You can buy nice things for cheaper for your house
Cons
sometimes slow and boring
Definitely the most professional and loving place
Temporary Customer service associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 June 2018
Overall Bed bath and beyond exceeded from all areas where there was full professionalism while dealing with customers and also the mangers seems to care about their employees and customers
Great job but unfriendly management
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB30 December 2017
Management started friendly but under stress revealed unpleasant side. Time off is rarely approved as they are very short staffed however the job itself is pleasant.
Very Amazing
Cash register and Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC28 September 2017
I enjoy working at BBBY.

Very nice and bright environment.

Fellow associates are fun and kind.

We are taught to provide the best customer service.

Good workplace
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC8 August 2017
I would go to work and know it was a good environment. The employees working alongside me had great energy and we all got along. It was a safe and happy workplace.
Pros
Good work place
Cons
Not a lot of benefits
Safe, clean and respectful workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 July 2017
Managers are very nice and understanding when having conversations with their employees. Safety is very important in the workplace for both customers and employees. Always clean and tidy
Interview your interviewer.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC2 June 2017
Ask your interviewer questions. Like what is the turnover in the store. What do you do to motivate your employees. Ask if you make a mistake, how is it handled. If you are a student, ask manager how easy will it be to change your availability. How many shifts a week are you required to do for this position. ASK QUESTIONS!! Stressed out managers = unhappy associates and high turnover.
Pros
Good company overall, Great monthly vendor discounts, First class training program when properly implemented.
Cons
Low wages, schedules have zero stability. Very physically demanding, high staff turnover, high management turnover. Too stressful for such a low paying job.
workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON12 March 2017
i like working at bed bath and beyond because everyday you get to learn something new. We learn to respect others and help others. Everyone works as a team to provide good customer service. I work at the brampton location and i love the staff there.
fun workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 February 2017
A typical day would be working in the customer service station, as a cashier handling all customers sales but also handling exchanges,returns and angry customers. The management was great and very understanding when i had to leave due to living situations and the fact that i was moving back home. One of the best parts about the job for me was the people i got to work with, they were all wonderful people and so fun to work with.
I learned alot.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON2 December 2016
I learned a lot although, hours were cut drastically and there was no room for advancement within the company unfortunately. Management was not the greatest at times, but the staff were friendly and most relatively helpful.
A very gratifying and hardworking surrounding
Customer Service / Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON4 November 2016
A typical day at work was walking around and checking if any customers needed help, if so I'd walk with them to the item(s) they were looking for and explain the background of it to them if necessary. I usually had a closing shift so recovery was a big part of my job, organizing the shelves, sweeping and mopping the floors, cleaning the bathrooms etc. I learned how to quickly adjust to any situation, how to be responsible, how working with others can teach you how to communicate effectively, to keep cool in tough situations and to always do more than what's asked of you. Overall management was good, sometimes tricky because each manager was different and they all wanted things done differently. My co-workers were all lovely and I made friends really easily. I'm a very confident person and I love to talk, only when it's the right time though. The hardest part of my job was having to be on my feet for all of my shift which a lot of the times were 8 to 9 hours.The most enjoyable part of the job was definitely working with the people, the good and the bad because the bad just made you appreciate the good.
Pros
Positive environment
Cons
Long hours in which you're always on your feet
Great and enjoyable workplace with free k-cup coffee
Customer Service Representative/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON26 September 2016
- Enjoyed coming into work and facing new challenges
- Management is very understanding
- Co-workers were a blast to be around
- hardest part of the job was leaving Bed Bath & Beyond

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bed Bath & Beyond. Our community is ready to answer.

51.4K