Bed Bath & Beyond Employee Reviews for Cashier/Sales

Found 15 reviews matching the search See all 5,794 reviews
Okay place, no room for advancement
Cashier and Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK7 September 2018
The people that I work with are all generally really kind, and I've met some amazing friends here- the management is also good for the most part. However, there is no room to move up in the company at all, no raises other than a 25 cent yearly raise no matter how many departments you're trained in, and the Christmas hours are absolutely nuts. It is a very physically demanding job, and the pay doesn't equate to the amount of work employees do. I think a lot of the problems with this company start at the top of the management chain, and there are definitely things that need to be changed to make it better for their employees. Also, a lot of the customers are really rude and get mad at employees for things that they have no control over.
Pros
Good coworkers, discount
Cons
Minimum pay for maximum work, rude customers, no room for advancement
Wonderful co-workers, Not the best management.
Sales Associate and Cashier (Current Employee) –  East Gwillimbury, ON25 July 2018
Customers and guests are usually pleasant, co-workers and teamwork is amazing. So kind and all working together. Store management is less than desirable.
Pros
Wonderful co-workers and mangers, rewarding, teamwork.
Cons
Hard physical work, rude customers, management.
Best retail job
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE3 July 2018
I've been here for almost 2 years and I still enjoy it. The incentives program makes the job worth it. They feed us on large holidays and have cakes when someone is leaving or coming back. The management is amazing and I love my fellow staff. I've made great friends working there and I genuinely do love working there.
Pros
Free food, employee incentives, benefits, raises, flexible schedules
Cons
Angry customers about things beyond your control
Busy and productive workplace
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON20 May 2018
Always had a task to complete as it was a very busy workplace. Helped me learn key skills like, time management, how to order products online and how to use a cash register.
Pros
20% discount off of merchandise
Cons
Long working hours
Customer Service oriented and great team to work with.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC29 December 2017
A typical work day for a cashier is to make sure that the guests are leaving happy and with a good last impression.

For Floor associates, it is important to keep inventory sorted and looking presentable to guests and to answer any questions a customer may have. We aim to help guests find what best suites their needs, not just sell them the most expensive item.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the family Bed Bath & Beyond creates between the associates.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Gives few hours
Productive and an easy learning enivironment
Sales Associate and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC10 October 2017
Its a great place to start off with , I enjoy working there because the staff there is very friendly and inviting , and also lots of things to do to keep yourself busy . Overall I like working there and I have learned many new things from there.
Pros
good employee discount
Customer Service, management and training
Sales Associate / Cashier (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 August 2017
As a part-time sales associate, my hours during the week varied from 5,7 to 9 hours.
Customer Service is very important to the company, as well as knowledge on all the products in your department.
They constantly train you on safety and security of the store.
A considerable amount of training for the actual products they are selling.
Management could use some work... although everyone is nice, there are managers who i favor more than others. Based on the emotional relationship they try to build with you.
Overall the hardest part of the job is dealing with customers who really challenge your patience and product knowledge.
A very good place to work and learn.
Sales Associate/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC2 April 2017
I started there from new store setting up to run the store. Setting the new store and organizing the store was my new experience. I leaned a lot from that store. Customers dealing, cash register, return, receive phone calls, labelling, pricing and more. Relationship between management and coworkers was excellent. Problem solving was never a problem because of te culture developed there. I always enjoyed since starting to finish the shift with customers dealing. A very good place to work.
Great team atmosphere
Sales consultant - cashier (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC26 January 2017
very friendly team.
really great team atmosphere.
easily adjusted working hours.
not hard and interesting work.
tidy and pleasant workplace.
your opinion matters
productive and big on customer service
Cashier and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC30 December 2016
Management is easy to deal with and quite friendly. Most of the staff are friendly and is a good environment to work in. The company is big on knowing about the details of each product and there are multiple systems that are used.
Cons
no set hours
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 August 2016
Bed Bath and Beyond was an amazing place work. The management, the fellow employees, just everything is enjoyable. They taught me everything i need to know to be in retail, including cash handling
Pros
Get great discounts
Cons
Rude customers
Productive and lots of work to be done
Full-time Sales associate and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC5 August 2016
Very busy and lots of Managers on duty , lots of different projects that need to be completed everyday and new freight that needs to be back stocked or put away every morning. We completed online orders and over the phone orders
fun place to work at
Sales Associate & Cashier (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB8 May 2014
i like my work team they are fun to be around and when its time to tackle work and get moving everyone knows where their place is ....
Pros
great team
Cons
hard to get you ideas passed accross the higher management
hard labour for not enough pay, management was not professional, tense work environment
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON3 April 2014
a typical day at work would be making sales of many different household products, working at the cash register or stocking new merchandise. i learned a lot about how the retail industry works and how to manage a cash register, as well as customer service and how to help customers get exactly what they came in to purchase. Although i did gain great experience in the retail field, management and co workers were not cooperative and were continuously subjected to drama in the work place, no one worked cooperatively also if there was ever any issues management did not seek to resolve them. The work environment was very tense, there were long hours, and not many with scheduled hours leaving one person or two doing a lot of work themselves.
Pros
good for attaining retail experience
Cons
choice of management and co workers