Bed Bath & Beyond Employee Reviews

Found 189 reviews matching the search See all 5,232 reviews
Productive work environment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON14 January 2019
I enjoyed working here as it built up my ability to work in the customer service/ retail industry. I mostly enjoyed my day to day activities but management was very hard to work with especially with a school schedule.
Pros
flexible
Cons
late shifts
Productive and fun work envirnoment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC8 January 2019
Organizing merchandise, operating cashier, positive environment for customers and coworkers, dusting and cleaning the store, customer assistance, completing online orders.
Pros
Team based
Friendly people, unbalanced workload
Inventory Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 January 2019
Lots of work to do in a single day, usually can't get every task completed due to lack of time, and expectations. Management can be friendly, but usually don't understand the workload. Co-workers are friendly and caring people, usually content to keep to their own departments.

There is no backup coverage for time-off, so work usually builds up.
Bad place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON18 December 2018
Bad place to work nothing more to say. Very bad place to work. At first it was okay but after some months you will see there true color. The manager will treat you like you are nothing and go from working full time hours to working twice a week to only 4 hour shift which was only 8 hour shift for every week
Fun work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Rocky View, AB16 December 2018
All co workers were great, most management was as well but certain managers made work stressful. The minute you arrived at work you felt welcome, especially as someone new.
Pros
paid 15 min breaks
Cons
manager was very immature
Great for Part time job
Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 December 2018
Good if you need interim work while you're attending school. Good if you get bored easily. Not good if you get tired easily. Workplace environment depends on the store you work in.
Productive and easy going
Front end associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 December 2018
There is always work to do. Process returns, Sorting the hard side and soft side carts. sweeping the cue, Fixing the welcome mats or towels at the front entrance.
They don't give much shifts or hours...I once worked a 3 hour shift...
The management is very friendly, open and welcoming but also very serious when need be.
This job is not hard at all it's just a bit busy at times but nothing too crazy. This job is perfect for a student but you need to let them know and be firm about what your availability is. A lot of my coworkers would complain about being scheduled when they weren't available.
The job itself is really good, It would be amazing if we could choose our shifts or at least be able to work extra hours
Pros
major discounted items to order + free snacks sometimes
Cons
not many hours
Working at Bed Bath and Beyond
Hardside, softside, and cashier (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC9 November 2018
Working at Bed Bath and Beyond was such a great experience in the beginning until everyone started quitting. I enjoyed coming into work but after when all the load was put on the part-time workers such as myself I started to enjoy it less. Now I'm trying to find another job where I would be appreciated.
the stars say it all
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Balzac, AB9 November 2018
really it was all the managements fault for making it such a rigid environment where you feel like you could have your head bitten off at any moment. most managers were great but when the store head manager came in the mood changed in a second.
This company will suck the life out of you
Employee (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON7 November 2018
If you value your sanity, do not work at this company if your life depends on it. I say this with complete honesty, and having worked in retail for over 8 years, I’ve had my fair share of experience with a couple different companies. Bed Bath and Beyond has absolutely no regard for its employees well being in any way, shape, or form. The pay is minimum wage, which is normal for retail, there’s absolutely no benefits of any kind, because the company doesn’t care about their employees to that extent, and the management and HR is absolutely garbage. Their empathy towards employees, whether you’ve worked for this company for 9 months or 9 years, is pathetic. The management is run by Hitler-esque wannabes, at my location in particular, who try to get you fired for even the smallest of reasons. There’s an employee anonymous help line for any complaints, that does absolutely nothing to help it’s workers, no matter what the reason. The Brampton location is an absolute disgrace and I encourage anyone to stay far, far away from Bed Bath and Beyond. I wouldn’t come back to work here for triple the hourly pay I was being paid.
Pros
Working here makes you want to do better things in life
Cons
Absolutely everything
was good working there
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC3 November 2018
typical day at work was dealing with costumers and cash and cleaning and taking orders. i liked working at bed bath and beyond because the training was great they didnt just throw you on the floor after two days of training like other jobs i had.
Pros
discount
Cons
some of the customer were very rude
Working at Bed bath and beyond
Cashier Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC1 November 2018
Bed bath and beyond is friendly environment . Every one work as team and helping each other. We have hard and soft side and the employees are experts on the floor and can help you order item online if its available.
Fun place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 October 2018
I had fun working here. The managers and my coworkers were all amazing. The hours were good too. The pay was also pretty decent as well. I miss working there.
Productive and learn lots of new products
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON30 October 2018
Overall the atmosphere working at BBB for me was an overall positive experience, managers are understanding and willing to help you adapt in new positions. Everyone is pretty nice and its a chill place to work
lots of learning
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC16 October 2018
Being my first job, I got to learn lots from my then manager whom I wish all the managers would be like him. He was the best and made the place fun and entertaining.
Not bad place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK2 October 2018
The managers play favorites. They don't work around your schedule either and rather cut people's hours and higher new people. Those who need the hours wont get them and those who ask for smaller amount of hours will get lots.
Pros
Learn lots of new products
Cons
Not much pay and little hours.
Manager
Operations Manager, Bed Bath & Beyond Newmarket (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 September 2018
Terrible work life balance. Good customer focus. Terrible people skills in head office leadership. Would not suggest working here if you want to see your family.
Chill and easy to learn job duties
customer service (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 September 2018
Pros
You can buy nice things for cheaper for your house
Cons
sometimes slow and boring
Terrible pay for hard work!!
Associate (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK11 September 2018
I was informed today that no employee is allowed to book off time during "Black-out dates", those being from mid-November until early January!!!! My anniversary and my grandmothers birthday is in December and the only time I am able to go home to spend time with my family is over the Christmas holidays, but apparently those don't exist at Bed Bath & Beyond. I am happy with my co-workers, not happy with my paycheck, not happy with the "black-out dates". If you don't mind working your butt off for less than $1 over minimum wage, then definitely come work here.
Pros
Employee discounts, coworkers
Cons
minimum pay, management
Okay place, no room for advancement
Cashier and Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK7 September 2018
The people that I work with are all generally really kind, and I've met some amazing friends here- the management is also good for the most part. However, there is no room to move up in the company at all, no raises other than a 25 cent yearly raise no matter how many departments you're trained in, and the Christmas hours are absolutely nuts. It is a very physically demanding job, and the pay doesn't equate to the amount of work employees do. I think a lot of the problems with this company start at the top of the management chain, and there are definitely things that need to be changed to make it better for their employees. Also, a lot of the customers are really rude and get mad at employees for things that they have no control over.
Pros
Good coworkers, discount
Cons
Minimum pay for maximum work, rude customers, no room for advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bed Bath & Beyond. Our community is ready to answer.

51.3K