Bed Bath & Beyond Employee Reviews

Found 197 reviews matching the search See all 5,409 reviews
No seniority, no safety,
WeddingConsultant, Sales Associate (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK11 March 2019
In the beginning it was a wonderful job. Everyone would respect each other and we would all go about our days happy. Of course that only lasted 6 months. After working here for a entire year, constantly earning the most orders every week, personally earning that sest-pool thousands upon thousands of dollars. they currently have me at 4 hours a week after a full years of near full time hours. Completely without warning. So let me warn you ahead of time. Dont get comfortable if you do get hired and DO NOT think you're safe because the word "seniority" to them doesn't exist. Just one great example of this is New hires have complete seniority
if you are 2 weeks into the job and you decide to be late or abscent without letting anyone know, don't worry you wont get fired like at any other job in life. just stay home eat ice cream like jasmine and drew and you'll get more hours than someone whose never missed a day.
Pros
Great co workers and product knowledge
Cons
No seniority, managers are "Elusive and Unreliable", no sense of accomplishment.
Toxic and disrespectful Management
Sales Associate/Drapery Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON10 March 2019
BBB Richmond Hill's management is disrespectful and inconsiderate of all of their employees. They are quick to judge and talk trash about their employees in front of their customers. There is no room for growth or a reasonable pay raise for any deserved effort. They always mess up the schedule, every single week they are revising and revising until there is no one working on the floor... its a real mess. I honestly beg you to stay away from this place, and you will know why when you get the job and instantly see it for what it is.
Pros
learn how to stand up for yourself
Cons
everything
Would never recommend.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK1 March 2019
Terrible company to work for. Consistently receiving conflicting information on things. Seniority apparently means nothing to them; giving new hires more hours than employees that have been with them since store set up. Cut people’s hours to as low as 4 hours a week. Don’t give their cashiers return codes so you are always waiting for a manager which makes it look like you can’t do your job and leaves customers annoyed.
Cons
Cut hours relentlessly
The Beyond is online
Replenishment Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 February 2019
Good place to work if you like household items like linens and bathroom outfitting. Decent hours, good departments, great teams to work with. Awesome employee discounts.
Customer service
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON12 February 2019
Was a big focus on customer service. Always able to help a guest shopping. I started as a department manager, moved to an ASM role after 6 months. Worked soft side, hard side, operations. Traveled to Edmonton and Ottawa to do special projects for store. Became store manager 6 yrs ago opened a new store in Ottawa. Moved back home was store manager in newmarket. Then went back to operations for 2yrs in Barrie and now store manager of Vaughan Woodbridge location for 1yr and 1/2. Been with bed bath 10yrs now.
Cons
No work home life balance
Tolerable
Part-Time Associate (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON31 January 2019
It was fun at the beginning, then it all went downhill when 'The Main Office' started implementing pointless duties . Also, they expect 100% open availability yet only hand out a one or two 3.5hour shifts a week.
Pros
20% discount on everything
Cons
Shifts are few and hard to come by, Never enough staff scheduled to effectively run the store, Micromanaging
Fun, Liberal work environment!!
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK31 January 2019
The company takes very good care of its employees, great benefits package, lots of great training and committment to the well being of staff!! Love it!
Pros
sales events and incentives!
Cons
fast paced, high standard of excellence.
Productive and relaxed work place
Senior Receiver (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC16 January 2019
Received different vendors throughout the day and at scheduled times. Was left mostly alone to receive stock, price, put away and stock as necessary. Management was always available to answer questions and suggest other ways of doing things. The hardest part of the job was not having enough personnel at key periods to assist in other duties.
Pros
Great work place
Cons
Not enough staff at times
Productive work environment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON14 January 2019
I enjoyed working here as it built up my ability to work in the customer service/ retail industry. I mostly enjoyed my day to day activities but management was very hard to work with especially with a school schedule.
Pros
flexible
Cons
late shifts
Productive and fun work envirnoment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC8 January 2019
Organizing merchandise, operating cashier, positive environment for customers and coworkers, dusting and cleaning the store, customer assistance, completing online orders.
Pros
Team based
Friendly people, unbalanced workload
Inventory Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 January 2019
Lots of work to do in a single day, usually can't get every task completed due to lack of time, and expectations. Management can be friendly, but usually don't understand the workload. Co-workers are friendly and caring people, usually content to keep to their own departments.

There is no backup coverage for time-off, so work usually builds up.
Bad place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON18 December 2018
Bad place to work nothing more to say. Very bad place to work. At first it was okay but after some months you will see there true color. The manager will treat you like you are nothing and go from working full time hours to working twice a week to only 4 hour shift which was only 8 hour shift for every week
Fun work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Rocky View, AB16 December 2018
All co workers were great, most management was as well but certain managers made work stressful. The minute you arrived at work you felt welcome, especially as someone new.
Pros
paid 15 min breaks
Cons
manager was very immature
Great for Part time job
Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 December 2018
Good if you need interim work while you're attending school. Good if you get bored easily. Not good if you get tired easily. Workplace environment depends on the store you work in.
Productive and easy going
Front end associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 December 2018
There is always work to do. Process returns, Sorting the hard side and soft side carts. sweeping the cue, Fixing the welcome mats or towels at the front entrance.
They don't give much shifts or hours...I once worked a 3 hour shift...
The management is very friendly, open and welcoming but also very serious when need be.
This job is not hard at all it's just a bit busy at times but nothing too crazy. This job is perfect for a student but you need to let them know and be firm about what your availability is. A lot of my coworkers would complain about being scheduled when they weren't available.
The job itself is really good, It would be amazing if we could choose our shifts or at least be able to work extra hours
Pros
major discounted items to order + free snacks sometimes
Cons
not many hours
Working at Bed Bath and Beyond
Hardside, softside, and cashier (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC9 November 2018
Working at Bed Bath and Beyond was such a great experience in the beginning until everyone started quitting. I enjoyed coming into work but after when all the load was put on the part-time workers such as myself I started to enjoy it less. Now I'm trying to find another job where I would be appreciated.
the stars say it all
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Balzac, AB9 November 2018
really it was all the managements fault for making it such a rigid environment where you feel like you could have your head bitten off at any moment. most managers were great but when the store head manager came in the mood changed in a second.
This company will suck the life out of you
Employee (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON7 November 2018
If you value your sanity, do not work at this company if your life depends on it. I say this with complete honesty, and having worked in retail for over 8 years, I’ve had my fair share of experience with a couple different companies. Bed Bath and Beyond has absolutely no regard for its employees well being in any way, shape, or form. The pay is minimum wage, which is normal for retail, there’s absolutely no benefits of any kind, because the company doesn’t care about their employees to that extent, and the management and HR is absolutely garbage. Their empathy towards employees, whether you’ve worked for this company for 9 months or 9 years, is pathetic. The management is run by Hitler-esque wannabes, at my location in particular, who try to get you fired for even the smallest of reasons. There’s an employee anonymous help line for any complaints, that does absolutely nothing to help it’s workers, no matter what the reason. The Brampton location is an absolute disgrace and I encourage anyone to stay far, far away from Bed Bath and Beyond. I wouldn’t come back to work here for triple the hourly pay I was being paid.
Pros
Working here makes you want to do better things in life
Cons
Absolutely everything
was good working there
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC3 November 2018
typical day at work was dealing with costumers and cash and cleaning and taking orders. i liked working at bed bath and beyond because the training was great they didnt just throw you on the floor after two days of training like other jobs i had.
Pros
discount
Cons
some of the customer were very rude
Working at Bed bath and beyond
Cashier Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC1 November 2018
Bed bath and beyond is friendly environment . Every one work as team and helping each other. We have hard and soft side and the employees are experts on the floor and can help you order item online if its available.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bed Bath & Beyond. Our community is ready to answer.

51.3K