Bed Bath & Beyond Employee Reviews

Fun and Exciting
Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 May 2018
I found this position very interesting. We had to stock a store and prepare it for opening. There was very much to learn and a very upbeat environment.
Fun place to work
Sales Associate and Bridal Consultant (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC7 May 2018
Enjoy working there. Excellent customer service training! It is very busy during Christmas time and back to school season. It is really good experience.
Terrible management, terrible hours
Front End Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON3 May 2018
From the day I was hired I was lied to and lead to believe I would be full time. Scheduling is inconsistent (one week you get 32 hours, the next you get 10 hours) and not at all flexible to the employee's needs.

They don't value hardworking employees, just the ones who suck up to management. The store manager looks for reasons to put you down and never recognises your accomplishments.

Management will sit at their desks playing games on their phones while the few staff members working are trying to help multiple customers at once.

When minimum wage increased, all staff lost their hard earned raises and were only making 10 cents more than newly hired employees.
Pros
Good prices on staff incentive items
Cons
Shifts are either too long or too short and very inconsistent, favouritism is a problem, no benefits, full time, or chance for advancement
a typically day at work
Front Store Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON2 May 2018
Beginning my career at Bed bath and beyond was quite interesting, everything was quite interesting to learn. However, there were jobs i had to complete which i wasn't trained it.
Pros
nothing
Cons
long shifts no benefits
Stressful and extremely fast paced
Receiving associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON29 April 2018
Working far too many hours a week while full time student, even after speaking with manager. Stressful environment lead to a few mental breaks over the course of the month and a half I worked while also in school. I had maybe an hour or two to myself during a typical week - working afternoons/evenings and weekends, while at school the rest of the time.
Pros
Cons
Stressful
Awesome Retail Store, Bad Management
Associate (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON27 April 2018
BBB Is a breath of fresh air when it comes to retail stores. The company really values it's customer, safety and product training. There's a significant amount of training to insure you feel comfortable on the job. They are typically very flexible with days off. Great return policy for customers, but us as the associates we see some pretty gross stuff come back. My biggest thing I dislike about this job is the management, they like to power trip.
Productive workplace with opportunities to advance
Sales Associate and Bridal Consultant (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC26 April 2018
Great workplace, with many positions to work as. When you are assigned to one department or job, you can be trained for product knowledge of your own department and others, and you can try out different areas in the store to see which job you enjoy the most.
Fun place to work
Cashier & Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON10 April 2018
Amazing place to work, wonderful staff and products all around you. I can guarantee that you will gain a massive amount of experience that will benefit you in the future.
Pros
Amazing discounts.
Eh.
Front-End Lead (Current Employee) –  Rocky View, AB3 April 2018
To start off, don't apply here expecting full time work. I didn't even get full time hours after a promotion to front end lead. The staff is friendly for the most part, however you do get those divorced mom's as managers who think they're so much more important than you because they manage a Bed Bath and Beyond. Luckily in my experience I've only been lucky enough to be under one of these individuals. Decent in store discount of 20% and payed days off. All in all, not the worst place to work, but not the best either. Just try not be a cashier, you'll hate your life.
Pros
20% discount, some payed days off
Cons
Some managers can be annoying to deal with, no chance of full time work
Will never have a boring day at Bed Bath and Beyond
FRONT END LEAD (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC22 March 2018
Working at Bed Bath and Beyond has allowed me to move forward in the retail industry. I was given an opportunity to take charge of an umfamiliar role. Being a lead at Bed Bath and Beyond is rewarding and challenging. Like any store, leads, managers, and supervisors alike have different ways of doing their jobs. That allowed me to push myself to become a better person and leader. Anyone who works for Bed Bath and Beyond have equal opportunities to use their skills and gain new ones in a diverse environment.
Pros
Celebrations of birthdays, treat days
Cons
Late night shifts
Bad company culture
MANAGER, DEVELOPMENT TRAINER (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON20 March 2018
Very small payroll provided depending on the location. District level management is very 'bush league' to say the least. The company does not treat their Management well. Heavy focus on meeting sales plan however to payroll provided to support sales associates.
good Company
Expedia CruiseShipCenters Internship (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON3 March 2018
Nice people, well cultured. Work at the register, approach customes restock items. In this job team work is a must moring and evening meetings called huddles here establish the days work.
Okay company to work for - Opportunity
Customer Service / Sales / Cashier (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC20 February 2018
Nice store, good items to purchase, good return policy. Company will give opportunity to new comers to the sales business + cashiering- good training provided. Store mgmnt good + departmental mgmnt all right. Staff members helpful to each other. Hardest part of sales job was top stocking large items + positioning 12 foot ladders to shelving units so as not to move. Hardest part of cashiering was standing all times. Most enjoyable part of Sales job was helping customers get what they wanted + for cashiering was giving customers discounts with their presented coupons + seeing how happy they were with their purchases. All round, a nice place to work at - some very nice products - can use Canadian coupons in the U.S.A. and vice versa. Company will advance staff to supervisory position when required + well suited. An informal atmosphere.
Pros
Discounts for employee purchases / room for advancement
Cons
Too heavy lifting of some items + ladders / shift hours not consistent
An amazing place to work!
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 February 2018
I have loved every moment of working at Bed Bath and Beyond. Managers are great, they are very flexible, very professional, hours are okay, like every other retail.
I don't like working in retail, but I don't mind this place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC13 January 2018
Nothing more to say than title, sorry folks. Hope you have a wonderful day and I wish you the best of luck finding whatever you're looking for, whether it be long term or temporary, fulfilling or necessary.
Fun place to work as a start up for students to learn
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Kamloops, BC4 January 2018
As a cashier, good way to learn customer behavior and culture. Learn patience and tolerant levels of different customers. Hardest part is to cope with school and work balance.
Enjoyable part is fun environment and different people to work with.
Pros
Employee Discounts
Cons
No growth
Good people, Bad leadership
Front End Lead (Current Employee) –  Calgary, Ab4 January 2018
If you are looking for a place to work where you can do almost nothing all day and never get fired, this is the place for you. You need to actively try to get fired here, and even then, you may not be let go.

They promise befits, and flexible hours, but its a lie. Don't get me wrong, you are given flexible hours. That one isn't too much of a problem, until people abuse the system. One key holder would only work Mon-Fri 9-5 and refused to work any other time. At a retail place. Only recently did they put their foot down.
And you are eligible for benefits, if you are full time. Good luck getting full time. Only management and some "replan" (the people that take care of stock) are actually full time. They also told us that if you are responsible for stopping a theft, we are eligible for a reward. The key word there is "Eligible" and that wasn't made clear. I stopped $800 of stuff from walking out the door. I got nothing. A co worker stopped $1,000 and she got a T-Shirt. And only because she asked.

I absolutely love the people I work with (Most of them at least) and I like my mangers. All these problems come from poor Regional and Corporate policies. And I know its easy to brush off a poor review, but I am a person that has worked there for many years, much like a lot of my co workers. Its not because they have great hiring structure, but because no one, no matter how incompetent, gets fired.
Pros
You can get Cheap Stuff
Cons
Little chance of getting full time, 0 reward for stopping theft, higher management is spineless.
Great Part-Time Job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB2 January 2018
If you are a student looking for a part-time jobs with good availability this is a great job! They fluctuate on hours but normally give you a much as you ask for. I work during the day and occasional evening and am normally happy with my paycheck in the end.

The BBB managers are very good and the atmosphere is very good as everyone is very friendly providing a fun place to work and feel more then comfortable in.
Great job but unfriendly management
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB30 December 2017
Management started friendly but under stress revealed unpleasant side. Time off is rarely approved as they are very short staffed however the job itself is pleasant.
Customer Service oriented and great team to work with.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC29 December 2017
A typical work day for a cashier is to make sure that the guests are leaving happy and with a good last impression.

For Floor associates, it is important to keep inventory sorted and looking presentable to guests and to answer any questions a customer may have. We aim to help guests find what best suites their needs, not just sell them the most expensive item.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the family Bed Bath & Beyond creates between the associates.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Gives few hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bed Bath & Beyond. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K