Bed Bath & Beyond
Here to help: Coronavirus update
Updates from Bed Bath & Beyond:

Bed Bath & Beyond Employee Reviews

Canada260 reviews
Fun staff, terrible management.
A typical day at work would mostly consist of being a floor sales associate, often asked being to jump on cash for backup. I learned how to work with people of all ages, how to deal with bad management, how to deal with impolite customers, and how to manage my emotions better. Management was terrible. In the course of working there, we went though several managers. The managers were often unkind, inconsiderate of sickness, passive aggressive, and rude. There would be times when they were nice, but it often didn't last too long. The hardest part of the job was the management and the lack of stimulation. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with my coworkers, whom i'm still friends with to this day.
fun easy going company
I enjoyed my time at BB&B, all the staff is incredible and the company makes it easy for everyone to succeed at their positions.
Extensive & ongoing training on new & existing products

Collaberative environment

Terrific variety of amazing products both in store & on line.
Well I worked for a short period of time but it was really good. Especially for students.
Good management, helpful co-workers, excellent cross functional environment. Great opportunity for young students to add various skills to their resume.
Comfortable workplace that could iron out some issues
While I loved my responsibilities, and primarily left to focus on schooling, I did find that certain areas of the store seemed to act almost like a clique in school. Different supervisors are designated for each section of the store, and most treated all employees well, one supervisor was actively rude to those who didn't work in his section specifically. As well, more could have been done to resolve issues between coworkers. Certain employees made me very uncomfortable during my time there. I was not the only person who had mentioned these concerns to HR, and these people were given warning after warning, with no real actual handling of the situation.
Apart from those concerns, it is a fantastic place to work. Employee safety is always a priority, and I received, by far, the most thorough training I have ever experienced at any job. Daily meetings (once at opening and once at closing) to check in with employees. Customer service is accommodating without making the workday more difficult for the employees.Obviously a big store, with a large team of staff, but still able to have a strong sense of community. Management is knowledgeable and actively works to ensure the happiness of both customers and employees. Focus on get the customer what they need, rather than just getting them to spend, spend, spend. Enough pressure to sell that the store does well, but not so much that you feel stressed by the need to force customers to buy.
Pros
Employee safety is a priority, good communication between management and staff
Cons
Can be long hours, lack of action taken on HR complaints.
Not a good place to make enough wage
They don’t pay well. Manager wants you to do everything. From cleaning floor and wash room to sell an item and cash operation. The payment is so less that you won’t be able to afford your living expenses. No commission
Pros
Learning
Cons
Get less paid and work more
nice place to work
Duties and pace of work away's changes monthly,
learning is constant with online training

nice to deal with customers and staff work well as a team. always a safe place to work.
productive and fun
top stocking and back stocking products before opening. Receiving daily skids of shipment to process tag and price and place on either U-boat or cage cart. back stocking with rtv scanner for daily replen.
Very great place to work, and great environmen.
I really enjoyed working at Bed bath beyond,
everyone there is friendly and gets along. its not stressful for the most part, (besides Christmas) lol
Very Boring Environment to Work in
Very unpleasant and boring environment to work in. Lots of pressure to reach and maintain goals. It was also hard at time to fit my work schedule with my school schedule and the benefits were not that great.
Bad Management
Management was extremely demanding, often asking team to complete tasks without sufficient amount of time to complete them.
Sales associates often work alone, not allowed much contact with other workers.
The best part of the job is working with the customers.
i have been working for Bed Bath and Beyond for almost a year now. I met some great people to work with but there are also manager not qualify to be in management position. The company wants you to be flexible with your hours but they are not flexible to accommodate your hours. if for some reason you are not able to work the hour they want to you to work,you get punished and your hours gets cut drastically. After working there a year, new hires will get more hours than the people who are there long time.The company don't respect loyalty. people who have been there a long time, will get replaced with someone new.Too much work for a very little money and pay is very low.
Amazing company
I worked her for almost 3 years. Great culture and work environment. I would work their again if given the chance. Great work ethic and customer service.
productive
the team is nice and its a very relaxed place to work it can go from slow paced to fast paced in a second so you have to be ready for that. they pay well, they treat you like you belong there and ya they are a pretty great team overall.
Pros
50% discount
Cons
Better than average for retail
Decent place to work where you'll be treated fairly most of the time and advancement comes to those who put in an honest effort each day. The pay is ok for retail but don't expect a lot of other benefits. Management can vary with some being great to work with and others a nightmare.
Bright
I enjoyed working around the store and keeping things organized. Most of the management was amazing. Enjoyable people to work with. Liked folding towels.
Do not invest your time here
I have worked here for 3 1/2 years and have never worked in such a toxic environment. Managers are rude and the other associates just dont care. Staff does not keep up to task with yearly reviews nor well being of any associate.
Educational and enjoyable work environment
Bed Bath and Beyond is a very enjoyable place to work, and I genuinely enjoy going in to work every day. It is a very positive and supportive environment with lots of opportunity for growth.
Outdated & Boring
Not the best place to work if you want to have a fun and exciting job. Not much training provided and technology/systems are so outdated. Staff isn’t that friendly and they treat you like an outsider when you first start. Wasn’t properly trained which was very confusing at times. Staff discount isn’t much of a benefit either.
Good company to work for
Good company to work for; Friendly work environment, permanent and direct interaction with customers; great management; flexible work schedule and rotating tasks in the company's departments.
Good environment, very inclusive, understanding, and good if you would like more hours whether part time or full time. This also comes with good training as well.
productive and fun workplace
i knew many of the employees there and i was close with them outside of work. Because of that, it really helped my work experience fun and enjoyable. There were multiple times it'd feel like i wasn't even working because i enjoyed what i did.