Beckman Coulter, Inc.

Beckman Coulter, Inc. Employee Reviews

It was very interesting to learn about how medical instruments are manufactured, set up in the hospital environment with creating contracts and overseeing the clients account. What is not so cool is that your job description changes every 6 months with no support from management in regards of training to keep up with the changes. The environment becomes highly stressed causing unfortunate blow outs for everyone to hear. There is no support whatsoever to help you get ahead ( or keep up).
Pros
Good salary, bonus, free lunches
Cons
Everything but the salary
La direction et employés sont excellent la coopération est naturel et bilingue ce fut le meilleure environnement De travail que j’ai expérimentée à vie
I gave everything to this company but in returned I was just a number. The higher management cater desire people in the team and not interested to know problems of others. The company is a mess specially life sciences division. No clear path, they are charging customers over priced I would say this (back door robbery) for each $1 they make $1000 but pay bad compensation. No work life balance
Fulfilling experience. Great place to learn and develop. Smartest people. Fun group. Everybody working really hard. Rewarded for good work. Disorganized sometime though.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Difficult sometimes to get things done, lack of support.
A world leader in Diagnostic and Life Science instrumentation. Pay is good as well as medical, dental, life insurance, pension plan, company car. As a service rep, you will receive training in the US as this is a US owned company so you must have a valid passport and be able to travel. You will then be mentored by your peers before going out on your own where you will work independently at various hospital and private laboratories, etc. but you will have access to telephone support from senior reps in Canada as well as the US.
Pros
Good pay and benefits, able to work independently
Cons
long hours and often overnight travel required, can be stressful at times as you respond to emergency calls on medical equipment
Had a Great Boss Lots of support Was a very negative and toxic environment Great learning experience Miss my old Job - I truly loved the actual workload
Going onsite to service customers, Enjoy servicing customers. Hardest part of the job is not having parts to get customer up and running. Also managing inventory can be challenging. Travelling to remote areas can be difficult to service customers because you may not have the right parts to fix instrument. Our tech support group is very good in assisting service engineers.
The benefits are good, and opportunities are good. You have to be able to manage the heavy workload. Requires travel across the country at short notice.
Beckman Coulter has great culture lot of work still required to make the Canadian office to be independent Learned day to day office work co-workers are greate
Pros
Nice place to work
Cons
Too much reliance on US office
This company is a very good company to work for. I was very proud to say I was an employee of Beckman Coulter. The are really good for training new employees and I felt I was working for my second family.
Pros
friendly, lunches every friday
Cons
good healthcare, good salary wages, location was good