Becker's Chalets Employee Reviews

Horrible
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Jasper, AB30 March 2019
Pros
Got to meet a lot of great people
Rafting on the athabasca

Cons
Lots of unfairness
Management picks favorites
One day off a week
Pay rate isnt good compared to most housekeeping jobs
Best place to work
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Beckers Chalets, Jasper Alberta8 December 2018
Great place to work, newly renovated staff accommodations are great - lots of incentive to tidy up and clean up after yourself.

you make tons of friends. The work is what they post on their job descriptions - no surprises.

Would have no hesitation to recommend this place.

Pay is fair but have an awesome bonus at the end of the season, which makes the overall pay very competitive. Just have to put effort into your work - hard work truly pays off at this company.

Supervisors and Managers genuinely care about their staff - visible by everything they do for you.

Breathtaking views, surrounded by nature and the mountains. Cannot get much better than this....!
Pros
BBQ's, Fun atmosphere, make friends, staff accommodations, Bonus
It's ok
Housekeeper/Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Jasper, AB3 August 2018
Very clear favoritism from housekeeping supervisor.
Super easy job and duties, but difficult coworkers.
Not much time to do anything fun when you only get one day off a week.
When I was there, everyone seemed to be an alcoholic or addicted to some kind of drug - awful screening process during interviewing phase.
Pros
Beautiful views, wild animals
Cons
Everything else
the mountains !
KITCHEN STAFF/HOUSEKEEPING (Former Employee) –  Jasper, AB2 April 2018
Another great place to work. They make you feel like family and do everything they can to make you feel at home while you are there working.

The company genuinely cares about their staff. The most enjoyable part was the people I met along the way. Guests as well.

I learned how to be patient, work fast.
Pros
right by the Athabasca river
Cons
one day a week off
I would discourage people working here. The bonus is a lie
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Jasper, AB29 September 2017
Very unprofessional. The "amazing rent back and $1.50 for every hour bonus" sounds amazing at first. But then you realise they use it to keep you there.
Pros
You get to drive golf carts.
Cons
Managmemt yells and is often extremly rude to staff infront of guests, supervisors and managment badmouth people behind their backs, will fire you for absolutley anything and not give notice
WORST place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Jasper, AB29 September 2017
The is the absolute worst place I have ever worked. Both the owner and her daughter SCREAM everything at their staff (and admit to it, but assume that it is okay because they own the place). The housekeeping/laundry staff do not communicate anything to staff or upper management. They display extreme favouritism with the rules. If they do not like you, they will make your life miserable. Do not work here.
Pros
Option for extra hours
Cons
Routine based work day involving the same thing each day.
HOUSEKEEPER (Current Employee) –  Jasper, AB19 September 2016
Each day i would wake up and because i live in the staff housing i would just walk down to the laundry room and start my day of work which included cleaning, making beds, and taking care of the cabins and the guests staying in my section. I learned many good skills for both work habits and for personal cleaning abilities and will now properly know how to clean a house. As for management, they are the kindest and most caring and understanding people i have ever met. My co-workers may havve some problems with one another but at the end of the day, we live with eachother and geet over it. Te hardest part of this job is keeping a record of excelent perfection and not forgettig to do something in a cabin by accident. And lastly, the most enjoyable part of thhs job is being in the mountais all day surrounded by the beauty that is Jasper National park and i get to work with some of the most amazing people from all around the world.
Pros
Good pay, cheep rent, caring employer, benifits at the end of the season.
Cons
drama, favouritism
Amazing place to work!
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Jasper, Alberta19 October 2015
A typical day at work would be stocking up our carts and going to each room whether to fully clean it, or tend to the guest's room. A lot was learned there including how to use different types on chemicals. The managment was excellent and friendly. My co-workers and I lived together so we all got a long pretty well. The hardest part of the job was time management (but was never a problem) and the most enjoyable part was being able to experience a different life while living in the mountains.
Pros
Supplies a place to live
Cons
Weather
good for seasonal work.
Housekeeping/Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Jasper, AB31 July 2012
There are pros and cons to this job. The job in itself is great, not hard. However sometimes it's the people that make or break the place. Staff wasn't always trained properly, staff rules are made and not followed.
Pros
bonus, scenery, meet new people from all over the world
Cons
dramatics, some poor management/professionalism in some co workers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Becker's Chalets. Our community is ready to answer.

Becker's Chalets Reviews by Location