Beacon Roofing Supply

Beacon Roofing Supply Employee Reviews

Canada20 reviews
Challenging work, every day you learn something new. great office environment, safety oriented, relaxing pace , army like environment, very stricken on safety
Pros
hands on learning, good for getting experience in construction
Cons
to controlling, you have to do the job there way, 3 strike policy
I enjoy Beacon more then any place I’ve worked. We work hard but play hard too. Everyone is very respectful and I feel mgt cares about me and all employees and always tries to do the right thing for the people and the company.
Pros
Competitive, culture, opportunities
Cons
Very busy during construction season (pro and con)
Beacon is an amazing job with pay n benefits I learned a lot of supply's in roofing. Learned to strap trucks abit of forklift training but never got licensed.
Pros
Good pay .benefits
Cons
Other employees do t give u a chance to learn
The company is lacking in strong leadership, does not allow for empowerment, and micro manages everything. the key to any business is its people, Beacon will provide lip service yet in real time has no loyalty to anyone.
good place to work at liked working with the people there steady work ; friendly atmosphere clean safe environment . always have lots of work there. Easy to get along with the Boss
My experience at Beacon was great. Every day was a new chalenge. I had to support my team , I had to find a way to secure all sales, I was working with all insides and outsides sales representands to hight our sales and secur our risks, I was receiving and doing many calls/ emails per days. I was making denounciations on all projects , making collection calland making final and partial wavers(quittances). I was meeting clients. Working at Beacon was fun
Pros
1heure de lunch
Cons
could be long hours
They hire you as a driver but they can ask you to do anything else when there is no deliveries
They say one thing and do something completely different

They always need drivers cause no one will accept working in these conditions

They cant guarantee your hours and oblige you to take your lunch.

The manager cannot be trusted he is .just a tool
Cons
No matter how desperate you are for a job, or how annoyed you may be at your current job this is not your option.
Underpay and chip company

- No clear plan for the future. Every 2 years they changing managers and new managers bring his oven rules.

- This job not for new drives, they will throw you to downtown Toronto with 48 foot flatbed trailer and Moffett next day.

- Summer time crazy hours and winter time they will expect to you lay off or maybe 30 to 35 hours weekly.

- Safety just a world here they can give you overweight load and the shipping documants could be wrong too so you should make sure your truck weight is good.

- Management have no clue about trucking, nor do they care. Just they care, move they load point A to point B.
Pros
A work
Cons
The new manager should be removed from the Vaughan company
He has been bullying workers and they are scared to speak up. Some one should look into the matter and have him removed to a different location.
Inquiétude sur la survie de la division du Québec ont regarde la diminution des heures et la compétition avec sopréma qui a changer la donne.
Pros
Défi a tous les jour
Cons
La diminution des heures a faire et inquiétude a savoir si ont va ce rendre a notre pension.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Beacon Roofing Supply?
Beaucoup d'avancement dans le service à la clientèle.
As I started working with this company, the vision was all about people but with the new acquisition, it became a question of money money money and the people vision disappeared. Being an American based company, Canada was left in the dark and being recognized as a region and not a Country. They decided to manage key departments from the US which results in requiring the Canadian management team to absorb a lot more responsibilities added to an existing full plate. I tis sad to see the Canadian team struggle to make ends meet. However, I was fortunate to have worked with very competent people on the Canadian side.
Pros
Insurance coverage
Cons
Corporate making bad decisions
0 room for growth, no support from management, a very unappreciated position, low moral. Unrealistic deadlines with the workload, management not assuming accountability for their lack of support towards field worker's.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
No room for advancement, unappreciated, poor management
Busiest in the morning time. Customers want to schedule delivery times for roofing loads. Only one truck for all of the deliveries in Kelowna. Usually dealing with the same customers which is good for establishing relationships. Most co-workers are easy to get a long with almost all of the time. Answering questions about roofing installation or materials. Getting to know the fluctuation of the market, and competitors pricing. Safety meetings weekly, and organizing yard and warehouse. Counting all material.
Pros
Free lunches, lots of free time to do recreational acivites. Down time in winter
Cons
Customers, co-worker inappropriateness, Lack of direction from management sometimes, Negative, abuse from customers, too much downtime, Disorganized merchandise
Terrible management. Everyone eventually ends up fired from this employer. They love firing employees from one end of the country to the other. High turn over of staff. Not employee friendly environment. Hard labour work with no benefits or rewards at end of day I would recommend to pass working for this company. Lots of better places to work.
Pros
No pros
Cons
Terrible management and no job security
I have enjoyed my time here. I do wish there was there was more support in helping move up the chain. I feel like im ready to grow within the company and yet I keep getting told im not.
Pros
hours of work
Cons
wage
Here is my overview of the Company in Dartmouth NS.

Maybe this is just a overview of a jaded ex employee but I would seriously look to work somewhere else to grow your career.

The overall staff is good and there are some very nice hard working employees there trying to make a living.

The management is poison and you can definitely feel it and the lack of respect is very apparent.

Management cannot wait to leave to another job else where other than Dartmouth and there is little goals and objects set.. forget your bonus. They still believe there are in sales and will not let you in on the secret instead of being a manager to help the branch.

The salary is ok and you are on the road but you are in a losing battle.

The customers are good people I must admit but with no leadership and direction from management the branch is a terrible place to work.

I highly recommend applying with another company.

Just one persons opinion,

Good luck,
Pros
pizza friday once a month
Cons
Managment
greta place to work at first however mgmt was poor. staff turn over was high, and as an employee i was promised many things like promotion and pay raise but it never happened
beaon roofing supply has been a great place to work.our customer base is very great to work with.i have been doing this same job for 11 years so i've met alot of great people.it is a very fast paced position,however beacon roofing is a very safe working enviroment.
Compagnie bien structurée personnels polis & respectueux
Pros
Environnement respectueux