Beachcomber Hot Tubs

Beachcomber Hot Tubs Employee Reviews

Canada14 reviews
I find that when there is inventory, or alot of business at the front counter, I am content. I like the pace and variety. Sales is not my forte, but I believe in the quality of the product and is sells itself for those interested in purchasing. I personally like to hear peoples stories and try to find the best fit. I love helping clients understand the dynamics of their water chemistry and encourage find their style of learning. The hardest part of my job is being micro managed and not utilizing my creative skills and energy in this environment. I jsut cannot get engaged with retail sales. I like to organize, whether it is chemicals on a shelf, files, warranty claims, or inventory keeping order is always my goal.
Pros
working for a company and employers with a good reputation
Cons
long hours, little pay, sitting alot
There is absolutely no Job Security. The management is extremely poor. There was little to no training. Over all a very unorganized company. The product is great but there is no appreciation for going the extra mile. HR does nothing to resolve issues of any kind. If you are looking for job security then this is not the job for you!
10 employees have quit since March 2018 to present including VP of Sales.
If you're driven and can think for yourself? Don't like being lied to or about? Beachcomber is not the place for you.

Zero advancements. Oh but they say there will be. Its is run by a bunch of womanizing trash.

Oh
Avoid! If you like dragging high voltage lines across a floor covered in water this is the job for you. No safety here at all no equipment provided. The staff that work out in the shop are not friendly or welcoming. Dont expect any sort of legitimate training. I recieved a 2 days ride along with a tech and then was given the keys to a truck with nothing in it. And was left to "figure it out".
Beachcomber is the ideal environment for a college graduate or starting professional to kick start their career. The finance department was revamped in early 2017 and has instilled many new processes that have aided in the functionality and overall condition of the department. The management team encourages constructive criticism and is accepting of inputs even from junior level staff if it will lead to the betterment of the team. There is bountiful exposure to the different aspects of accounting and staff members have been given additional responsibilities once they have shown they are capable. This is the place to be if you have the initiative and desire to make an impact on a growing organization.
Pros
Company Gatherings - Food & Outings
Did my practicum there. Everyone was friendly and willing to share knowledge and helped me with my office equipment skills. Management was hands on and approachable. The hardest part of the job was learning who everybody was and what their job entailed in order to direct callers as I was working switchboard and reception.
The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to ask questions and getting a response or direction from the other employees as they were all ready to help me fit in.. I rated the compensation/benefits and job security/advancements as a 3 star, as I was only there doing my practicum and did not have knowledge of them. My experience with Beachcomber Hot Tubs was pleasant and enjoyable.
Nice people, if you work hard everyone likes you and willing to work with you. Hard working staff in office and production. Easy going managers, totally recommended,
If you want to grow with a company and prove yourself. This is not the company for you . They are a cut throat ARROGANT Organization, and management and HR don't want to see you succeed. They do not have a proper training structure for new people to succeed and learn. BUT expect the world out of them with such high expectations And expect you to learn everything within a month of being hired.
Remember to read the contract before signing on the dotted line . They have a 6 month no cause probation which does not give you any job security.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Management, no job security
Very disorganised company, received no support from others, the owner is verbally abusive, management is incompetent and very condensing towards their employees.The job duties assigned are not explained properly during the interview process and you always have to fight to get your job done. This is a very seasonal business and they tell you you have potential to earn over 100K which is not realistic especially since they have a draw against commission structure and wont pay for all your sales. Save your time and efforts and stay away!!!
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Beachcomber Hot Tubs?
Very poor work culture, no team work and horrible management. You have to fight with your own coworkers to get your job done. When you speak to HR about issues nothing is addressed. Office has a revolving door due to poor treatment by management.
Cons
Always had a great time working at beachcombers saskatoon. They know how to have fun while in high-stress situations. I'll never forget my fellow coworkers.
I have outgrown so much in the last couple of months i have been working with Beachcomber. I have learnt about the Business practices of the Hot Tub Industry.
Over worked and under paid.......this is a great product with lack of leadership or guidance. The management does not support or assist to ensure you succeed and will exceed your capable ability to succeed in your position.
Pros
Great product
Cons
Poor management
love all the things I learnt there, people I worked with were great fun we were amazing customer service specialists and enjoy learning everything from sales to production